Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Have you heard that from Haalands mouth? His agent is out there pimping, trying to attract as many as possible to the table when the clause kicks in. The usual pundits take every bait of course. Nothing will be decided before all offers are on the table.
I hope the noise around this transfer doesn't screw up his game the next 6 months.
Par for the course if you want to be a superstar player, if he can't handle that then he's never going to be able the handle the pressure at a club like Madrid, for example. He just doesn't give me the impression he lets the noise get to him though, but I guess you never know until someone's been through it properly. Frankly with him, the only concern I have is if he can stay healthy, I'm not too worried about his mental strength because he seems to have plenty of it so far.

LoneStar

He's a great striker, but no thanks. He'll bring that cnut of an agent and all his drama with him. That's the last thing we need. Besides, there is no other reason for him to come to us other than money.

United in sin

Mbappe's fulfilling his dream, while it's just the next logical step on the Haaland tour saving his prime years for England.
Winning the CL with the likes of Real and Barcelona is still the dream for many players. Once Halland tastes that feeling and the success is sustained I don't see him coming to England til past his prime if that.

Look how the likes of Bale (in his case he pushed back his return for as long as he could) and Benzima resisted England for so long. Mbappe and Haaland could be the next Messi and Ronaldo for La Liga for the next decade. Just my take

dinostar77

Duncan Castles, tonights transfer window podcast said that Haaland has told Madrid via intermediaries that it is his first choice. However Perez will not pay €50mil commison to Riola so it will depend on whether Haalands father put his own comission money ahead of what his son wants i.e. madrid.

Pep's Suit

I reckon this could be a poor move for City. I feel this could disrupt them as the entire focus would be on getting the ball, in transition to Halaand, which he thrives on, and that isn't their game. He will face a lot more teams with his back to goal, static in twenty yards from the goal.

On the other hand, it'll probably be fine as he is very talented but these "dead cert to be a success" moves don't usually work in reality.
I don't think Haaland will join City. More likely is someone like Nunez and Isak, maybe Schick. Just someone who won't expect to start every game but still offer something different. Sterling will sign extension now and Palmer + McAtee just look too good to throw them away.

PoTMS

This is why I don't understand why we didn't just sign him when Dortmund did - on the cheap with a release clause. If he was a success at a lesser club, there was never a guarantee that he would join us afterwards. Naive to think we'd be the only ones after him. He would've been the perfect striker for Ole. Oh well, I guess it is what it is. He certainly won't be joining us.

Judas

Open to offers
This is why I don't understand why we didn't just sign him when Dortmund did - on the cheap with a release clause. If he was a success at a lesser club, there was never a guarantee that he would join us afterwards. Naive to think we'd be the only ones after him. He would've been the perfect striker for Ole. Oh well, I guess it is what it is. He certainly won't be joining us.
yes because everyone would have been all “fairs fair we’re about to lose one of our best players for peanuts!!”. The absolute dogs abuse the club would be getting if the Haaland express had just used us like it has Dortmund, flirting with other clubs, going on little trips to check out other teams, we’ve got such a rational bunch of fans they have been totally alright with that:lol:

The goals would have been nice though.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Winning the CL with the likes of Real and Barcelona is still the dream for many players. Once Halland tastes that feeling and the success is sustained I don't see him coming to England til past his prime if that.

Look how the likes of Bale (in his case he pushed back his return for as long as he could) and Benzima resisted England for so long. Mbappe and Haaland could be the next Messi and Ronaldo for La Liga for the next decade. Just my take
Bale wanted to bail out (pardon the pun) much sooner , infact he wanted to leave to go to China for one last big fat paycheck,but perez didn't let him so he stayed out of spite and played like boiling shite just to piss them all of with great success.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
City looking for top striker, while Haaland looking for better club for money/trophies.

Its perfect match really.

RoyH1

Yeah accepted he's going there ages ago
While I think it makes too much sense for him to over there (Guardiola, top team challenging for trophies, neverending Emirati oil money for him and his greedy agent), I'm not sold on the idea of him wanting to live in Manchester. The big glamorous cities of Europe beckon. The likes of Chelsea have a shot as do PSG. And if Madrid can reconcile Mbappé to share the limelight they're still favorites in my book

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It just wouldn't be right to see him and Mbappe on the same team to me. I want them to compete against one another, not tee each other up for a boatload of goals. I get that it's a team game and players don't really always control who they will be playing with, but those two are pretty far out compared to their contemporaries as the best two talents for probably the next decade unless some prodigy pops up out of nowhere, and it would be a shame if they were both on the same team; although it would be fun to watch though no doubt about it.

United in sin

Bale wanted to bail out (pardon the pun) much sooner , infact he wanted to leave to go to China for one last big fat paycheck,but perez didn't let him so he stayed out of spite and played like boiling shite just to piss them all of with great success.
Right, but he had several chances to come back to England while in his prime and before Zidane took over in 2016.

Pickle85

It just wouldn't be right to see him and Mbappe on the same team to me. I want them to compete against one another, not tee each other up for a boatload of goals. I get that it's a team game and players don't really always control who they will be playing with, but those two are pretty far out compared to their contemporaries as the best two talents for probably the next decade unless some prodigy pops up out of nowhere, and it would be a shame if they were both on the same team; although it would be fun to watch though no doubt about it.
Only thing that goes the other way is whether they'll develop an unhealthy competitive relationship and want to outdo each other to the detriment of the team. I hope this is how it works out but they're both brilliant players so if they do end up together and click it'll be carnage.

Irrational.

I’m sure City will find a way of financially feeding Erling and his fat slug of an agent bypassing FFP rules through the endless perennial spring that is supplied by the tainted teat of Emirati blood oil money.

dinostar77

I’m sure City will find a way of financially feeding Erling and his fat slug of an agent bypassing FFP rules through the endless perennial spring that is supplied by the tainted teat of Emirati blood oil money.
City signed two new very dodgy sponsorships deals which are a feck you to the PL and UEFA.

DevTheRed

Still think he’ll end up at City. Madrid seem keen on Mbappe and City are crying out for a striker.. plus the links to his father etc.

Just on the €50m commission for Mino.. I thought UEFA were limiting the amount of fees agents can get from transfers? There really isn’t another agent like him is there? Proper cnut.

RoyH1

Still think he’ll end up at City. Madrid seem keen on Mbappe and City are crying out for a striker.. plus the links to his father etc.

Just on the €50m commission for Mino.. I thought UEFA were limiting the amount of fees agents can get from transfers? There really isn’t another agent like him is there? Proper cnut.
I think it kicks in in the summer which is why Raiola is pimping Haaland out hard right now in order to get his fat paycheck.

Pickle85

Didn't he make it clear that he wanted Dortmund first? I was under the impression that we tried for him but he and Raiola (rightly) figured Dortmund would be a better next step.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Didn't he make it clear that he wanted Dortmund first? I was under the impression that we tried for him but he and Raiola (rightly) figured Dortmund would be a better next step.
Yes his agent, his dad and himself said the same thing but people don't want to believe it. They believe Man Utd reject them because of release clause. He is available this summer Man Utd can try again. This time the excuses or the road block will be wages, signing fee and or agent commission.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
No more big paycheck in China anymore. Zero. He is lucky he didn't go back then.

DevTheRed

I think it kicks in in the summer which is why Raiola is pimping Haaland out hard right now in order to get his fat paycheck.
Ahhh okay that makes sense.. no doubt he’ll find a way round it anyhow :rolleyes:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
No more big paycheck in China anymore. Zero. He is lucky he didn't go back then.
Ahhh you're right perhaps good luck on his part though it may not matter in the end as I've read that he inteds to announce his retirement if they were to lose out on world cup qualification.

AndySmith1990

He is the world next star, we should do whatever it takes to lure him.
There's nothing we could do to get him, he has no interest in coming to the Premier league, let alone coming to the Premier league to join a team in disarray.

Pep's Suit

And when was the last time City signed a superstar? Aguero back in 2011 under Gary Cook? KDB and Sane were great in BuLi but not really rated in England, Grealish was a Villa player, Sterling was young and inconsistent.

Josh 76

And when was the last time City signed a superstar? Aguero back in 2011 under Gary Cook? KDB and Sane were great in BuLi but not really rated in England, Grealish was a Villa player, Sterling was young and inconsistent.
They bid for Kane in the summer

Pep's Suit

They bid for Kane in the summer
Yes but didn't get him. I think they want Lewa, if that doesn't happen they'll go after someone young with physical presence who will start only 1 in 3 or so (Isak, Schick etc.).

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Haaland turning down United twice may possibly end up being the two smartest decisions he makes in his entire career.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I wouldn't sign any Raiola player unless they agree to feck him off as their agent. If you've £50m spare for an agent fee why not just offer it to the player for fecking Raiola off permanently?

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Laporta's campaign director has said Haaland will sign for FC Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.