Erm.. The Number 7 shirt..

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Why not disneyland. They are the best theme park in the business at least.
And, like them, we are the best in the business at making shit tonnes of money off our franchise.

Like us with football, and winning, Disney forgot they were in the business of making cartoons in the first place, so fixed it buying Pixar.

Don't think Cristiano is our Pixar. In fact, he will be useless if we can't get hold of the game, let alone pass the ball to him.

ED_209

Supports
Coritiba
If Cavani accepts the 21, I think that will be resolved pretty quickly. It has already happened to Tottenham and if I remember correctly, they allowed Arnautovic to change numbers even after he played with another one back in 2017.

SirAF

Ageist
If Cavani accepts the 21, I think that will be resolved pretty quickly. It has already happened to Tottenham and if I remember correctly, they allowed Arnautovic to change numbers even after he played with another one back in 2017.
He doesn’t have a choice. They’ll be classy about it but at the end of the day he can give it up or have it taken away. 100% certain that Mendes brought up #7 during the talks.

van Nistelrooy

Never knew of such a recent example, but you are correct. Should be no problem for the Premier League to certify the change.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/august/16-august/marko-arnautovic-changes-shirt-number

Just hope Cavani is happy to change to #21 (which I imagine he is) and that United offer to exchange any Cavani #7 shirts.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Never knew of such a recent example, but you are correct. Should be no problem for the Premier League to certify the change.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/august/16-august/marko-arnautovic-changes-shirt-number

Just hope Cavani is happy to change to #21 (which I imagine he is) and that United offer to exchange any Cavani #7 shirts.
I really want United to announce that Cavani is going to take the #21 shirt and, in his place as the new #7, is.... Phil Jones.

Jericholyte2

They wouldn't be doing that kind of tease with the video of the back of the shirt if they didn't know he'd be getting the no. 7 - could you imagine the PR blowback if they did all of that and he ended up with the no. 28 or similar!

SirAF

Ageist
I did, you just wrote “he doesn’t have a choice”.

Well no, nor does Ronaldo, Mendes or anyone at United.
You quoted «100%» which alluded to Mendes adressing the topic during the talks - which would be extremely odd if it did not happen.
As long as PL gives the green light then Cavani won’t have a choice, the number issue is not going to go south because of Cavani hogging the number. Which was, clearly, my point.

PeteManic

Jesus Christ - Ronaldo is obviously 100% GUARANTEED to be No.7. Not even a debate!

Cal?

CR7 fan
You think the Premier League is going to limit any marketing potential for their no.1 asset?
Exactly, this is the Premier League's decision and they're as interested to milk all the marketing as United are, not the FA, if it was up to them, they'll try their hardest to screw us over.

Castia

Getting all 3 kits next monday (day off) with Ronaldo 7! feck it

el3mel

Well, Daniel James solved us the shirt issue with his departure.

Castia

You need that special print though does the sports shops do it or just online?
I'll go to the adidas store in Manchester they do all the league or cup prints and even the sleeve badges (CL and FA Cup)

Nero

Sancho thought he only had to wait 12 months for it.