Ernesto Valverde

El Jefe

I mean how shit is he? Anytime he has to prove his coaching ability he fails horrendously.

People can lay the blame in many places but in my opinion he's the sole cause of Barcelona's meltdown last year and tonight.

He should be sacked before he even reaches the dressing room.

Minimalist

Did wonder if that's a sackable offence? I mean he's won the league easy enough I know but still - that's pretty embarrassing tonight even if you're giving Liverpool credit.

Zoo

Did wonder if that's a sackable offence? I mean he's won the league easy enough I know but still - that's pretty embarrassing tonight even if you're giving Liverpool credit.
Without a doubt. He should just resign really.

Flying_Heckfish

No idea what his plan was, they couldn't keep hold of it and his changes were ineffective.

The lack of concentration on the corner, must be indirectly down to the coaching as well. A top coach would have the team drilled. It was a great bit of ingenuity, though.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Paul fecking Ince would have done a better job tonight than this incompetent fool.

Bojan11

Football requires 10 players to press and not just walk around. Messi used to press well but by the time Pep was leaving he started to get lazy about it.

The club haven’t made the right signings too. He’s not entirely to blame. Busquets looks to be done.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
It already was past year vs Roma, he should be jobless tonight.

He's a fraud, we've had some awful performances in Europe but at least most of the time we try to play our way, tonight he goes to Anfield trying to make us play like Atletico, well if Juventus can put 3 goals on the best defensive team in Europe, you can bet Liverpool, at Anfield, can put 4 on a Barcelona team that spends 90% of his games defending with the ball

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Barca and Real Madrid barely give 2 fecks about the league tbh. Obviously it's like minimum expectations to win, but the champions league is what they want and are judged on. It's not like it is in the prem.
Considering they bottled a 4-1 lead against Roma last year in the quarter finals and now a 3-0 lead in the semi finals... I'd be shocked if he's their manager next year.

fil1542

Supports
Jose Mourinho
Well, he was guilty of two of the biggest bottle jobs in the recent history of football and all this with guys like Messi, Suarez and Pique in his side. Should be sacked right now in the dressing room.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
That's quite a achievement, honestly

Renegade

How does coutinho start that after the 1st leg? Even semedo should have started.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Barca and Real Madrid barely give 2 fecks about the league tbh. Obviously it's like minimum expectations to win, but the champions league is what they want and are judged on. It's not like it is in the prem.
Considering they bottled a 4-1 lead against Roma last year in the quarter finals and now a 3-0 lead in the semi finals... I'd be shocked if he's their manager next year.
Pep to return... He's done his 3 years at city perhaps he's ready for a change (probably wishful thinking)

izec

Should get sacked. If he is still Barca manager next year, they are more clueless than i thought. Other better managers would be winning CL + league titles with this team.

dove

Sack him and offer Pep an even blanker cheque than he got at City.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Should go after that. The Roma debacle was one thing but to do it twice now..

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
He should be fired.

Out of a Cannon.

Into a bowl of acid.

Then shit on.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No idea what his plan was, they couldn't keep hold of it and his changes were ineffective.

The lack of concentration on the corner, must be indirectly down to the coaching as well. A top coach would have the team drilled. It was a great bit of ingenuity, though.
That corner was pure farce. Almost match fixing levels of ridiculous

Eddy_JukeZ

A terrible manager.

Messi and Suarez can no longer play together. You can have 1 player who doesn't press or run enough, but you can't carry 2 of them in the same team.

He's very lucky Messi is on the team. They'd be terrible without him(and no one better quote their victories over the worst Real side in 10+ years).

JohnnyKills

Has to go now. Guardiola to come back? Actually no, it's a challenge, he doesn't like them does he.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
If he had any dignity left, he would resign. But no, he wants the paycheck, or actually thinks he's a good manager, suitable for Barça. Or Bartomeu might be stupid enough to keep him around for 2019-20.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Who wouldn't win a league where you get to pump Espanyol and Levante double digits every other week.

gibers

Has to go now. Guardiola to come back? Actually no, it's a challenge, he doesn't like them does he.
Guardiola probably secretly won't want Messi. He walks 24/7 and doesn't press.

Valverde is trash but who can they get that can make them play 'Barca' football? Noone as long as Messi is in that team.

JohnnyKills

Guardiola probably secretly won't want Messi. He walks 24/7 and doesn't press.

Valverde is trash but who can they get that can make them play 'Barca' football? Noone as long as Messi is in that team.
Poch? Or Abelado perhaps. Great season with his team and an ex Barca player.

gibers

Poch? Or Abelado perhaps. Great season with his team and an ex Barca player.
Poch no chance. Again, the 'Barca way' can't be played with Messi in that team. It requires movement and actual hard work.