Ernesto Valverde

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He was kind of good for Barcelona right (unbeaten runs) but then also didn't achieve much either right?

KeanoMagicHat

It's a different league
But it's still far easier said than done, he was in the same league as the Champions League winners and a strong Atletico team. Good managers make things look easy, bad manager feck it up.

Maybe 3. Different teams have gone through periods of dominance. Spain has always been all about 2 teams.
Atletico have won as many leagues as Real Madrid since 2013. Atletico have won more leagues than Liverpool and United combined since 2014.

Oranges038

But it's still far easier said than done, he was in the same league as the Champions League winners and a strong Atletico team. Good managers make things look easy, bad manager feck it up.

Atletico have won as many leagues as Real Madrid since 2013. Atletico have won more leagues than Liverpool and United combined since 2014.
Did football start in 2013/2014?

Spain has always been about those 2. 60 league titles and 50 runners up spots between. Athletico have 11 win 10 runners up spots.

KeanoMagicHat

Did football start in 2013/2014?

Spain has always been about those 2. 60 league titles and 50 runners up spots between. Athletico have 11 win 10 runners up spots.
No but it’s more relevant to now. United have won more leagues than Chelsea and City combined but it’s not relevant to who the best team is now or in the past 7 or 8 years.

Oranges038

No but it’s more relevant to now. United have won more leagues than Chelsea and City combined but it’s not relevant to who the best team is now or in the past 7 or 8 years.
It's relevent here, why do Real and Barca sack league winning managers?

Because they just expect to win the league anyway and don't accept just winning the league as being enough.

Valverde came into Barca and did the bare minimum that was expected, winning the league, played some shit football and got the boot once they hit their first slump, because they just wanted an excuse to get rid of him.

Swedish_Plumber

Please no. He was such a boring coach at Barcelona.
He’s got the best track record of the potential interim candidates.

This weird favouritism towards Ragnick seems to stem from the idea of him now, Ten Hag and him as DoF later. This club doesn’t operate like that.

We don’t see the opportunity to implement a managers style via an interim, then replace him with the real deal in the summer.

It’s make it up as we go along.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Problem is that he currently has a job so I cannot see him being willing to move for an interim position. I know he is seen as a coaching genius by some but the truth is he did not actually have all that much success as a Manager so much as he developed a style of play that his disciples have evolved into a winning formula. He would be a poor fit full time and that is probably the only way we get him.
I don't think his current appointment is much of a hurdle based on how Xavi left and the confidence the board has in getting him if he's earnest about this challenge. The appeal in getting Rangnick instead of say Valaverde now is if ManUtd think he's fit to be leading the footballing ops side once this season is over. Too many times we've been let down by poor footballing decisions and signings that don't coincide with our vision for long term planning and finding the right tools to ply the trade on the pitch. I'm all for getting Rangnik in, assessing the needs for this squad and him getting the right man for our long-term future (whether that's, Ten Hag, Poch, or someone else not yet named).

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
His Bilbao side were tough to play against but I don't like his style of football.

Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

I wouldn't say that the EPL is the strongest league in the world but its certainly the most competitive. It has a concentration of the finest managers in the world and teams have ample money which means there are no easy games. On top of that most teams in the EPL are happy to just park the bus and get a draw against us something that used to puzzle LVG. A defensive manager might struggle against that.