ESL manager sack/walk watch

Schneckerl

Klopp will walk. Zidane seems the type of guy who might too. Pirlo will be sacked sooner or later for being shite.

Infra-red

If the Super League becomes a thing it'll be the most prestigious competition every manager will want to manage in. Having an opinion often doesn't correlate to your career decisions. There's plenty of players happily playing for middle East backed clubs and Klopp would take such a job if he had to, to further his career.

Are you saying he'd give up managing at the highest level if he didn't agree with its rules?

I actually think this won't happen and is a power move but I find it odd that people think managers will start walking. Maybe they'll be against it to present their view but I don't see they ruining their careers over it.
He could go and manage Bayern, RBL or Dortmund. None of them will be in the shitty "super" league and will continue to play at a high level.

dove

He could go and manage Bayern, RBL or Dortmund. None of them will be in the shitty "super" league and will continue to play at a high level.
If you keep your emotions out of it, the most likely scenario is that CL will turn into shitty competition while ESL will be the most prestigious competition in football given a few years.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
There's too much speculation going on. If there is eventually such a league Bayern would be among those founder teams. And the CL is a big deal for managers which would create to exist so if you assume Bayern aren't in the SL it's just them winning it every year with no European glory to chase which is a bit shitty.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
If the Super League becomes a thing it'll be the most prestigious competition every manager will want to manage in. Having an opinion often doesn't correlate to your career decisions. There's plenty of players happily playing for middle East backed clubs and Klopp would take such a job if he had to, to further his career.

Are you saying he'd give up managing at the highest level if he didn't agree with its rules?
Then he’d be a massive hypocrite and whilst he wouldn’t be the first it’d be incredibly disappointing but I honestly just can’t see it mate. If he wanted to manage easy jobs with state backed clubs or the richest clubs in the league he could have gone to Bayern , Real, United or Chelsea. He may still go to Bayern in the future, but he’s managed Mainz, BVB and now us. Clubs that had principles and values and a culture steeped in tradition. Obviously that’s completely dead now and had been dying.

If this does go through, then I guess we’ll have to see. I just honestly wouldn’t care at that point and walk away. There’s plenty of other sports I have an interest in and other hobbies I can invest in rather than spending time on the dead carcass of football.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

I actually think this won't happen and is a power move but I find it odd that people think managers will start walking. Maybe they'll be against it to present their view but I don't see they ruining their careers over it.
The highest level?

the lowest level you mean. It’s morally bankrupt. The big players who care for their countries, are they gonna put money before countries?

be interesting to see how many players now break out of their contracts

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Tottenham fans are saying before Everton in the press conference mourinho said that he knows why players aren't motivated but doesn't want to speak about the reason

He knew and if he walked because of a pr stunt or not, no one leaves before a cup final thats for sure.
He didn't walk. He's still getting 8 figures compensation because he was sacked.

Spurs' last six results: LLWDLD

They've got a better chance of beating City without him.

SwedishFish

The highest level?

the lowest level you mean. It’s morally bankrupt. The big players who care for their countries, are they gonna put money before countries?

Do you really believe that posturing from UEFA?

Turn the scenario on its head. Do you think UEFA/FIFA wants tournaments without Cristano Ronaldo, KDB, Bruno Fernandes etc.

Of course they don't. That's what makes them money.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Hmm, heard there's a spot at Bayern opening up... Klopp has probably already been called. :D

amolbhatia50k

The highest level?

My view is that this actually isn't the disruption people think it is. They'll find a way to either modify the CL or replace it with this. There's too many vested interests for such a monumental shift in football like the end of so many NT careers etc

But if there ever was a league with Europe's elite it would the highest level of football. That is undesirable. Not good for the game but the very highest level of football you can witness.

zakk88

Supports
Chelsea
They cant just walk out because they are all under contracts with their respective clubs, I'd imagine they will all be dragged to court and made to pay millions for breach of contract

amolbhatia50k

Turn the scenario on its head. Do you think UEFA/FIFA wants tournaments without Cristano Ronaldo, KDB, Bruno Fernandes etc.

Exactly. Imagine a PL without United Chelsea and Livepool, a CL without the biggest clubs, international football without the world's best footballers. There's a lot of posturing happening. The reality will be a middle ground.

golden_blunder

Staff
My view is that this actually isn't the disruption people think it is. They'll find a way to either modify the CL or replace it with this. There's too many vested interests for such a monumental shift in football like the end of so many NT careers etc

But if there ever was a league with Europe's elite it would the highest level of football. That is undesirable. Not good for the game but the very highest level of football you can witness.
Well you can enjoy it with all the other trophy hunters.

a club with morals, standing by its history and sense of purpose is more important to me. If it happens im done

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern

Where do you think big names are made? Yep, that's right... at EC and WC competitions. Ronaldo has his name, but what about the next Ronaldo? Without an EC or WC, he won't make international stardom as easily as someone like Ronaldo did. People underestimate the impact one tournament can have on the popularity of one individual player.

golden_blunder

Staff
Exactly. Imagine a PL without United Chelsea and Livepool, a CL without the biggest clubs, international football without the world's best footballers. There's a lot of posturing happening. The reality will be a middle ground.
United have pulled out of the ECA and woody has stepped down as a chairman for fifa(?)
United have already gone all in.

tomaldinho1

My point being is that I don't think anyone will walk.
Ok, fair. If that's the case it just cements the bleak reality of the power money has over already wealthy people I guess. Somewhat foolishly I have hope there's one or two good eggs out there.

amolbhatia50k

a club with morals, standing by its history and sense of purpose is more important to me. If it happens im done
I agree that it should not happen. But if morals were all that mattered clubs wouldn't take money from dodgy people, and wouldn't governed by corrupt organisations like FIFA and UEFA.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
See you in the Super League lads.
We're not going. Bayern wouldn't survive it. Their major revenue is domestic in the BL. And they don't have plastic money to solve all problems for them.

golden_blunder

Staff
I agree that it should not happen. But if morals were all that mattered clubs wouldn't take money from dodgy people, and wouldn't governed by corrupt organisations like FIFA and UEFA.
This is like the brexit argument all over again. So if FIFA and uefa are corrupt you walk away? No, you enact change from within.

you’re all being sold on this idea that everything will be hunky dory. Once you’re in, watch your clubs change and start pulling out of whatever’s left. Mark my words

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
That might be true if those clubs are expelled from their respective domestic competitions. From my point of view, it is just another European Cup to appeal the younger generation. The domestic competitions remain untouched and that's what matters for me. I also think that those teams have to heavily invest to generate even more money and I also read that the idea follows a similar approach to other sports in U. S. which is fairly successful.

The current organizations had every chance to get it right, but spectaculary failed to do so. I don't say that I support this idea, I am rather indiffirent.
The domestic leagues obviously won't be untouched at all.

SwedishFish

Where do you think big names are made? Yep, that's right... at EC and WC competitions. Ronaldo has his name, but what about the next Ronaldo? Without an EC or WC, he won't make international stardom as easily as someone like Ronaldo did. People underestimate the impact one tournament can have on the popularity of one individual player.
:rolleyes:

It's not made at a European Cup rather cemented. Both of these organizations are desperate for the players to feature. This is just another scare tactic to try to sway the founding clubs into retreat.

SecondFig

Ditto - and the idea that this Super League will represent the elite of European competition is laughable. Any competition that clubs compete in regardless of form or performance, year in, year out, is an absolute joke.

tomaldinho1

A lot of noise mostly about Klopp at the moment - I guess because he’s openly against the ESL and also has a press conference today.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I agree Klopp is the interesting one here - he's spoken so much to the media over the years trying to position himself as a moral authority on a variety of issues that he'd look a huge fraud if he doesn't walk.

But he won't walk - he's all talk.

Pep at least we know is all about money so he's not going to throw away his golden ticket from Abu Dhabi.

The others in England aren't in a position to walk.

AaronRedDevil

If the Glazers even think about sacking Ole if he says something they don’t like. There will be war :mad:

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
None of them will leave because of the ESL.

They talk a lot of shit, but when push comes to shove they'll just shut up and continue with their job.

SuperiorXI

I agree Klopp is the interesting one here - he's spoken so much to the media over the years trying to position himself as a moral authority on a variety of issues that he'd look a huge fraud if he doesn't walk.

But he won't walk - he's all talk.

Pep at least we know is all about money so he's not going to throw away his golden ticket from Abu Dhabi.

The others in England aren't in a position to walk.
If he doesn't walk then he loses all of his integrity, not walking is standing by the decision.

SirScholes

I think Ole and Klopp will walk.
Can’t see Ole walking
He’ll never be given a job like this again I don’t think, he’s just started making a name for himself as a manager
Huge respect if he does but I wouldn’t blame him for staying
If you’re a bigger name manager then aye get yourself away

Sweet Square

Reds Agree Strategic Partnership in Saudi Arabia

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/manchester-united-agree-strategic-partnership-in-saudi-arabia#

Replica football shirts costing £107 made by sweatshop workers 'on 75p an hour'
City’s agreement with Nike ends next month and a new deal has been signed with Puma worth a reported £65million a year. Man United collect £75million a year from Adidas and sell about 1.5million kits annually.

They are made in Cambodia’s capital Phnom Penh. United charged £110 for a short-sleeve “elite” top last season – made by workers paid just 64p per hour. Women working in the factory have previously told how they were ordered to make up to 100 shirts an hour. New Balance make Liverpool’s kit in The Philippines, where the minimum wage is £8 a day and conditions have been criticised.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/replica-football-shirts-costing-107-16483416
This super league might potentially be a shite idea but let's not act as if it's some moral stain. We've done far worse within the last few years.

Red Stone

I reckon Klopp might just walk if he can take the Bayern job and gets a guarantee from them that they won't join the ESL. He'd do a phenomenal job at Bayern at it's basically free league titles for as long as he can be arsed to stay. Gets to go home to Germany as well.

If Bayern cave or hire someone else after Flick goes I think he'll stay, simply because there's no other job that offers even close to the prestige of his current job, aside from the other shitstain clubs that are in the same boat as Liverpool.