ESPN: Inside the broken, dysfunctional world of Man Utd

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Badly written, I would not bother reading this crap.

The appointment of Rangnick as interim and now ETH as manager in itself are signs things are moving in a different direction.
I’m hopeful.
It seems like the players and Rangnick have briefed against one another. Rangnick via The Athletic and through his PR person Honigstein.

But i'm with you, and i'm looking forward to seeing how things develop with a top class training ground coach, as well as a top man manager in ten Hag.

tjb

Proper attempted hit piece on Rangnick. Trying to make him out to be some goofy idiot.
He is some goofy idiot. The stories coming out make him look out of his depth, interim or not.

Zoo

These deliberately timed inside stories are kind of boring now. Let’s move on.

Jibbs

Proper attempted hit piece on Rangnick. Trying to make him out to be some goofy idiot.
Exactly this. Clear to see the the British lobby at OT who is part of the furniture now is not happy with straight forward thinking and bluntness of Ragnick.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Exactly this. Clear to see the the British lobby at OT who is part of the furniture now is not happy with straight forward thinking and bluntness of Rangnick.
They’ve done it with every manager. They’re is always a desire to make our outgoing manager seem out of depth. Don’t believe for a second that Ralf would compare Schalke to Manchester United, with all respect to Schalke.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

What a shitshow
I mean just take a look at any training picturte. Always separated in their huddles. Never seen them together. A complete nonstory this is.

Richard is in the canteen while Ed is out there slinging commercial deals - there's a difference

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
All Ed had to do was eat in the canteen!
What Richard Arnold needs to do is if a player comes to him having a good old moan, just tell him to get on with the job he is extremely well paid to do. I just feel this guy will not be as flash as Ed and will not take the nonsense Ed took. It is better if the club are united it is not healthy if a them and us attitude runs through the club.

Robertd0803

How many of these stupid articles are there ffs? At this rate Im sure the Dibley weekly parish newsletter will have an article about United today.

didz

They’ve done it with every manager. They’re is always a desire to make our outgoing manager seem out of depth. Don’t believe for a second that Ralf would compare Schalke to Manchester United, with all respect to Schalke.
Well he kind of has done that in press conferences. That furore over subbing Ronaldo led to him invoking his experience of managing Krasimir Balakov and Klaas Huntelaar at Schalke.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
"The in-fighting within the squad can best be summed up by a source telling ESPN that an agent of a senior player complained to the club that Ronaldo had been given more prominence than their client in promotional campaigns".

What the feck :lol: . It's fecking Ronaldo-the GOAT- what do you expect and why is it even relevant?
That sounds like it could be only one person. Who would be expecting to be the poster boy on promotional campaigns?

tjb

Disagree personally.
He came off like a freelancer that had nothing to do with the club. He didn't want to use any resources available to him, his decisions were delayed due to getting analysis from sources outside the club which affected both on and off the pitch performances. his man-management seems to have been terrible, simply just complaining about things a lot of clubs have to deal with. He comes off like some small time manager realizing the struggles managers at big clubs like us, PSG, Bayern, Madrid or Barca have to deal with. In a league where games come thick and fast, you wait until the friday before a game to implement adjustments in a team that is struggling. You ask an entire squad of 23 players what they would like to do in terms of play and training and are surprised there are different ideas on what should be done. You are surprised that mega superstars like Ronaldo need to be reigned in or surprised with a team the size of United, who have worked under many managers with far bigger credentials that you, are critical of training methods. Bayern had Ancelotti, yet still were critical of his methods publically. That's the nature of a big club. The job of the manager is not just on the pitch, but managing these situations off it as well.

Cathy Ferguson

My guess is Bailly, Lingard and some one else from staff team.

No way Maguire as a captain would risk his career by doing this stuff.
Maybe Cavani and or Pogba? Very injury prone as well and not happy at United.

Foxbatt

He came off like a freelancer that had nothing to do with the club. He didn't want to use any resources available to him, his decisions were delayed due to getting analysis from sources outside the club which affected both on and off the pitch performances. his man-management seems to have been terrible, simply just complaining about things a lot of clubs have to deal with. He comes off like some small time manager realizing the struggles managers at big clubs like us, PSG, Bayern, Madrid or Barca have to deal with. In a league where games come thick and fast, you wait until the friday before a game to implement adjustments in a team that is struggling. You ask an entire squad of 23 players what they would like to do in terms of play and training and are surprised there are different ideas on what should be done. You are surprised that mega superstars like Ronaldo need to be reigned in or surprised with a team the size of United, who have worked under many managers with far bigger credentials that you, are critical of training methods. Bayern had Ancelotti, yet still were critical of his methods publically. That's the nature of a big club. The job of the manager is not just on the pitch, but managing these situations off it as well.
Where have you been all this time? Ralf never was the manager at Manchester United. He was the interim manager. Huge difference. He was only there for 6 months and everyone knew it from the start. He couldn't get most people he wanted because (1) They didn't want to leave their current jobs and come to a job that's going to last only for 6 months. (2) the few people willing were not given a work permit.
Then Woodward and Judge wouldn't meet him during the January transfer window.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Another one? Christ. How many of these Inside United's Broken Anus articles do we need anyway?

Maybe the mods can merge them or something.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
not until we get

Chilevision: Inside the broken, dysfunctional world of the worst Man Utd season in decades including Ralf Rangnick’s spell as interim manager

stevoc

So in came Rangnick while United embarked on a "thorough" process to identify a long-term appointment. ESPN revealed earlier this season that one player admitted to teammates that he "had to Google" the 63-year-old German, who did little to impress a sceptical squad by hiring unknown coaches Chris Armas and Euan Sharp because he was familiar with them from his time working within the Red Bull franchise at Salzburg and Leipzig.

Sources have said that Rangnick was compromised by both Carrick and Kieran McKenna deciding to leave their coaching roles and then saw three potential appointments ruled out by unavailability or Brexit red tape, but Armas and Sharp were, nonetheless, his appointments. Rangnick also set alarm bells ringing within the club when he was warned that managing United would lead to unprecedented scrutiny of his results and decision-making in the media and among supporters.

"Ralf just smiled and said, 'Don't worry, I moved to a big club before when I left Hoffenheim for Schalke so I know what to expect,'" a source told ESPN. "It's fair to say that he had no idea what to expect."

By January, sources told ESPN that Ronaldo had made it clear to the club that he would not stay at United if Rangnick was given the job on a permanent basis and the Portugal forward was not the only player unimpressed by the interim boss or his coaches, with ESPN reporting that former FC Toronto coach Armas had been nicknamed Ted Lasso -- after the fictional, hapless American coach parachuted in to manage fictional side AFC Richmond in the hit Apple+ comedy show -- by some within the squad.
:lol:

I actually hope that one's true, fecking Schalke.

lex talionis

For the sake of what little sanity any of us have left, it's best not obsess about how it all went wrong this season. We've analyzed it in extensive detail already, minute to minute, as began to watch Liverpool shred us apart right through the diabolical shite that we witnessed yesterday.

We should never forget what happened this season, but it's now last season.

Daengophile

There was an unrelenting barrage of bullshit from many in the press yesterday.

Possibly they thought it was some inspired journalism - but I doubt it. More likely have been seeded by disgruntled cast-outs looking for their final back hander before heading into oblivion

One thing is for sure, none of the hacks that report on Manchester United is ever going to be nominated for a Pulitzer prize. They haven't got the intelligence or the investigative nous

norm87cro

Leaks coming from three different camps meaning 3 different players right?

Maguire, Rashford and Lingard I imagine.

Rashford and Lingard just shit stirring and Maguire's desperate struggle to prove he's not shit.
He had a bad season but Rashford doesn't strike me like a bloke that would be involved in such things.

phelans shorts

Leaks coming from three different camps meaning 3 different players right?

Maguire, Rashford and Lingard I imagine.

Rashford and Lingard just shit stirring and Maguire's desperate struggle to prove he's not shit.
No, it means three different cliques. So Rashford and Lingard going off what all the experts on here tell me would be the same camp.

devips

Spot on.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Good post.

If you have an Athletic sub read this article by Cox.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
This article and any other articles may be vapid, but the general reality that the problem is structural, and not going to be “fixed” with some good transfers or another manager change is an important one for every United Fan and person associated with the club to realize.

Who are the real shot callers at United? The owners are whining again about how “they aren’t to blame” … so do THEY know who directs the the plan? I’ve said this before, but you guys need to move into the modern game of football.

There is zero reason you shouldn’t be top two in the sport every year.

mctrials23

Anyone who thinks Mata was part of the leaks needs their head checking. I think I would lose all faith in the world if it turns out Juan Mata isn't the most lovely man ever. Should have been sold years ago but love the guy.

stevoc

There's been a few on him this week.

I think they are coming from the club. Maybe trying to push back on the Ralf narrative and draw a line under his tenure. For all the theories on Ralf's future involvement the last few months Ten Hag doesn't seem too fussed on working with him or even hearing from him. Which points towards his role being very minor going forward.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Is that all Ogden's got?

I was reading elsewhere Rangnick drove into Carrington one day, saw empty car park and had completely forgot he'd given all the players a day off so drove out again.:lol: