Essien open his big mouth again

Kelvin

MICHAEL ESSIEN insists Chelsea will snatch the title from Manchester United’s grasp by winning their last seven games.

The Blues trail Alex Ferguson’s leaders by five points but face them at Stamford Bridge on April 26.

And hardman Essien believes Chelsea’s never-say-die spirit will help them seal glory in the Premier League AND in Europe.

The Ghanaian said: “We’ve shown character by storming back into contention for the title when not many people gave us a chance.

“We need that character to get through the remaining matches successfully.

“It is very important for us to beat United if we are to win the title. But ultimately we must win all our remaining matches to be sure.

“At this stage of the season, any team is capable of dropping points so it is well within our reach to win the title.” After Sunday’s clash with Middlesbrough, Chelsea take on Fenerbahce in the Champions League quarter-final first leg in Turkey on Wednesday.

Essien, 25, added: “In the past when people have written us off, we defied the odds and put in good performances. Also, when a lot of people said we were going to win the Champions League, it did not happen.

“So predicting something is difficult. What I can assure you is we won’t under-estimate any team. All the strong teams in Europe are in the competition.”

Under Avram Grant, no Chelsea player is guaranteed a first-team place.

Yet Essien insists he is enjoying the competition.

He said: “The team is the most important thing. I’m not used to sitting on the bench but I will always give 100 per cent to the team and will continue to do that. I feel fresh and fit enough to finish the season on a high.”

Essien’s Chelsea team-mate Joe Cole reckons there will be more twists and turns before the season is over.

The Blues leapfrogged Arsenal into second place by beating them 2-1 in last Sunday’s showdown.

And England winger Cole insisted: “It has been a long season and there are going to be ups and downs over the next two months.

“It will be great for the neutral to watch and we just have to stay focused. It is anybody’s title.

“It has been a long season and we have had a lot of adversity. We could yet win a major trophy so we will keep going.

“Everyone at Chelsea sticks together. It is a great chance for this club to do something special.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article969501.ece

RUnited

Gold Member
to be fair, he did say he's not underestimating anyone.

a little confidence won't do them harm seeing how well they've done in the league since Grant took over.

But despite their recent results, I still think their biggest weakness is Avram Grant and I hope his inexperience down the stretch will help us win the title.

Doogie

The Ghanaian said: “We’ve shown character by storming back into contention for the title when only one calculator gave us a chance.

“We need that calculator to get through the remaining matches successfully.
This confuses me

CockneyHammer

Or just Cock for short
Doubt we'll lose four in a row to you, especially with your injury list. But I'm going to shut up now.
Our injury list was bigger in December than it is now, and with Etherington, Bellamy, Faubert, Dyer, Upson, Gabbidon and Bowyer all set to return before we play you we will actaully have the best squad we've had available all season

Plus we have ther boy wonder Sears and his youth team colleagues Tomkins & Collison

We'll raise our game big time and you'll probably roll over for us again.... ;)

The Hairdryer

Our injury list was bigger in December than it is now, and with Etherington, Bellamy, Faubert, Dyer, Upson, Gabbidon and Bowyer all set to return before we play you we will actaully have the best squad we've had available all season

Plus we have ther boy wonder Sears and his youth team colleagues Tomkins & Collison

If you were any sort of football club you'd roll over and let us have the three points to stop your one of your rivals from winning it.

Fazer

Hi cockney, hows tricks?

I think you have rode your luck with us these couple of seasons.
Its gonna end this time round. As for Essien's comments...I LIKE IT!!Deja vu!!

CockneyHammer

Or just Cock for short
If you were any sort of football club you'd roll over and let us have the three points to stop your one of your rivals from winning it.
I thought we had some so of gentlemans agreement though you get Tevez as long as you roll over for us everytime we play you

You know as much as I don't like seeing Chelsea win it I think if they can win the last 7 games as well as you losing against them and say us I think they'll deserve it. Their comeback recently to put themself back in the race has been pretty fecking good.

I can imagine it now, if you lose you stand no chance of winning the title, Tevez steps up scores an own goal from 50 yards, rips oiff his shirt to show a Hammers shirt underneath..... Wipes tears

Hi cockney, hows tricks?

I think you have rode your luck with us these couple of seasons.
Its gonna end this time round. As for Essien's comments...I LIKE IT!!Deja vu!!
Hiya mate, everythings fine

We didn't ride our luck we genuinly destroyed you, Curbs has got the art of game raising down to a tee (well against Man Utd were working on doing it for the other big 3)

Kelvin

I thought we had some so of gentlemans agreement though you get Tevez as long as you roll over for us everytime we play you

You know as much as I don't like seeing Chelsea win it I think if they can win the last 7 games as well as you losing against them and say us I think they'll deserve it. Their comeback recently to put themself back in the race has been pretty fecking good.

I can imagine it now, if you lose you stand no chance of winning the title, Tevez steps up scores an own goal from 50 yards, rips oiff his shirt to show a Hammers shirt underneath..... Wipes tears

Hiya mate, everythings fine

We didn't ride our luck we genuinly destroyed you, Curbs has got the art of game raising down to a tee (well against Man Utd were working on doing it for the other big 3)

You were lucky at OT on the last day of last season, don't deny it.