Film Eternals (Marvel Studios)

Hamnat

I'm very interested in this one. I know almost nothing about them in terms of the comics. I'm peripherally aware of them as a general comics fan but never really read their direct stuff. Pretty high profile cast, Oscar winning director and the cinematography looks great so far. This should be an interesting unexplored branch of the MCU universe as they are more cosmic beings linked to the Celestials who we have seen brief glimpses of in the MCU previously.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Of the Phase 4 releases for this year, this is the one I’m looking forward to most.

el3mel

I'm very interested in this one. I know almost nothing about them in terms of the comics. I'm peripherally aware of them as a general comics fan but never really read their direct stuff. Pretty high profile cast, Oscar winning director and the cinematography looks great so far. This should be an interesting unexplored branch of the MCU universe as they are more cosmic beings linked to the Celestials who we have seen brief glimpses of in the MCU previously.
They have an ongoing comic book series of currently 4 issues that's quite good imo and very friendly to new readers (I know that because I was a new reader myself). Maybe check it out.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I know nothing about these guys, but that trailer didn't really show much at all.

If it didn't have the Marvel logo in it, I wouldn't have even given the movie a second look. It always amazes me with how many more comics etc that Marvel have that I've never heard off. I'll watch it regardless, based on Marvel making it.

Blood Mage

I think the MCU should have ended after Tony and Steve departed in Endgame. It now feels a bit like watching Scrubs after JD left, or The Office after Steve Carrell left. It feels redundant and like it's just limping on.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Marvel making that film they make for the 26th time.

Sylar

I think the MCU should have ended after Tony and Steve departed in Endgame. It now feels a bit like watching Scrubs after JD left, or The Office after Steve Carrell left. It feels redundant and like it's just limping on.
Glad they didnt. There is soooooo much more to explore. With scrubs, the story was finished for all those characters.
Whereas this one has more characters, more stories, more universe

Im the same with you interms of not having actually read comics, except wikipedia and research.
With new characters coming, im interested to see if they ever explain where they were during the whole Thanos ordeal.

Smores

I kind of have that feeling but it's mainly because nothing has come out yet in my opinion. There isn't really any reason new characters and stories should feel like that just because they're marvel produced.

I'm looking forward to going to the cinema and watching a big release so i hope these new batch are actually good.

Hamnat

They have an ongoing comic book series of currently 4 issues that's quite good imo and very friendly to new readers (I know that because I was a new reader myself). Maybe check it out.
Yeah I am reading the current run they have going because of the movie.
Glad they didnt. There is soooooo much more to explore. With scrubs, the story was finished for all those characters.
Whereas this one has more characters, more stories, more universe

Im the same with you interms of not having actually read comics, except wikipedia and research.
With new characters coming, im interested to see if they ever explain where they were during the whole Thanos ordeal.
They have to address it. I'm interested if they actually go the comics route and explain how Thanos and his family are Eternals. It could get too complicated though with so many characters to service. Do they really want to complicate MCU with Thanos and his brother and their Eternals parents? You really wouldn't want to bog this property down with all that baggage right off the bat. They may completely skip all that but i think they do have to acknowledge a decent reason for not directly intervening at all.

And whatever the current crisis is that brings them out it would have to be somehow bigger and more threatening to Earth than Thanos was. I'd guess deviants or Celestials coming.

Sylar

Looks like we may see Robb and Jon reunited at last.
If they bring in mutants and new mutants we will have a big stark reunion

Without Tony...

Yeah I am reading the current run they have going because of the movie.

They have to address it. I'm interested if they actually go the comics route and explain how Thanos and his family are Eternals. It could get too complicated though with so many characters to service. Do they really want to complicate MCU with Thanos and his brother and their Eternals parents? You really wouldn't want to bog this property down with all that baggage right off the bat. They may completely skip all that but i think they do have to acknowledge a decent reason for not directly intervening at all.

And whatever the current crisis is that brings them out it would have to be somehow bigger and more threatening to Earth than Thanos was. I'd guess deviants or Celestials coming.
I'm intrigued and interested for sure. So many possibilities and they are mentioning Avengers in the trailer with no Tony and Steve so it looks like they will

Drifter

American
The video looked understated, at times did not feel like a Marvel film. But some are already talking about Oscars. Will someone think bout Scorsese.

Sylar

The video looked understated, at times did not feel like a Marvel film. But some are already talking about Oscars. Will someone think bout Scorsese.
Who is talking about Oscars?

Unless Oscar isaac is in it?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Seriously? As a part time comic fan in the 80s I found Iron Man and specially Captain America lame in comparison to a lot of the other Marvel heroes. Not that they weren't brilliantly acted in the films but I have no issues moving on to new Marvel characters ASAP!

Last edited:

pascell

I think they've done a good job post Endgame, especially with Wandavision and Falcon & the Winter Soldier.

el3mel

Seriously? As a part time comic fan in the 80s I found Iron Man and specially Captain America lame in comparison to a lot of the other Marvel heroes. Not that they weren't brilliantly acted in the films but I have no issues moving on to new Marvel characters ASAP!
Well, Iron Man and Cap have always been a B heroes at best before the movies. Spider-Man, Hulk, X-Men and Fantastic Four were the most famous Marvel characters even for non comic book readers I believe.

All the popularity of Iron Man and Cap came from the movies imo.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I've just seen the trailer. :houllier:

Beings more powerful than Thanos include the Starks and Stuber? :lol:

Sylar

Well, Iron Man and Cap have always been a B heroes at best before the movies. Spider-Man, Hulk, X-Men and Fantastic Four were the most famous Marvel characters even for non comic book readers I believe.

All the popularity of Iron Man and Cap came from the movies imo.
I agree in terms of mainstream. Spiderman surely tops it and hulk the series definitely helped. X men was huge in 90s too

AaronRedDevil

Yeah….Still don’t care about this lot. Just have to get through this horrible Marvel Phase and it’ll be good after that.

Sylar

Visually this will be great and interesting they revealed why the eternal didn't help during thanos or anything previously in the trailer

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Well going by that trailer I would rather the Eternals had just protected us from Thanos instead.

Blood Mage

The first trailer was better. Meh, I'm finding it harder to care about the MCU now that Tony and Steve have gone. They were the heart of the franchise.

lsd

The Oracle

So will there be Oscars now for for boring movies that have been done one million times before with now even more bland c list actors pumped full of steroids?

lsd

The Oracle
You just can't help yourself, can you? :lol:

It's the only Oscar this could win. It's just the same film released time and time again. There's nothing new or original in these things Boring people in stupid suits trying to look solemn while the steroids kick in for their action scene

Let me guess will they battle against CGI creatures as usual ?

Plus seriously Kit Harrington ? I was a Jon Snow fan but even I have to admit he can't act

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Their purpose is not to interfere with humanity but they lecture us on farming techniques.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
It's the only Oscar this could win. It's just the same film released time and time again. There's nothing new or original in these things Boring people in stupid suits trying to look solemn while the steroids kick in for their action scene

Plus seriously Kit Harrington ? I was a Jon Snow fan but even I have to admit he can't act
Are there many new and original films out there though?

Not saying this should be Oscar nominated but cinema as a whole is becoming the same now.

lsd

The Oracle
Are there many new and original films out there though?

Not saying this should be Oscar nominated but cinema as a whole is becoming the same now.

At least leave the Oscars for films that actually have acting in them because Marvel films don't. Actors will take these roles for the money and profile but they know its just nonsence and not worth their best efforts as Idris Elba has admitted

decorativeed

I just mean that in the The Office thread you practically banned people talking about Rain Wilson's film Super, because you didn't want people talking about superhero films. But as soon as a thread about a superhero film is updated, youre in like a (the) Flash talking about it.

But I agree, it's probably not going to win any Oscars.

decorativeed

At least leave the Oscars for films that actually have acting in them because Marvel films don't. Actors will take these roles for the money and profile but they know its just nonsence and not worth their best efforts as Idris Elba has admitted
Is that the same Idris Elba who is currently in cinemas as a superhero/villain and who last week signed up to play Knuckles the Hedgehog in the next Sonic film?

lsd

The Oracle
Is that the same Idris Elba who is currently in cinemas as a superhero/villain and who last week signed up to play Knuckles the Hedgehog in the next Sonic film?

Yeah he takes roles for money. That's the point these actors know what they are doing is garbage and some even ashamed of our but people keep falling for it and yeah I apologise I shouldn't have posted here but just couldn't help when I saw a post saying there was Oscar buzz and it pulled me back in

Sylar

Youre taking this way too seriously. Were you hurt by a superhero movie? or did a date choose a superhero movie over you?

lsd

The Oracle
Youre taking this way too seriously. Were you hurt by a superhero movie? or did a date choose a superhero movie over you?

Gf does love them and star wars which I'm not a fan of either