Ethan Galbraith image 99

Ethan Galbraith Northern Ireland flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlahRules

Maybe but in reality there’s no actual queue into the first team. Rashford, McNair, Blackett, McTominay for example weren’t first in line when they came into the first team squad.

Most managers will pick the players that align with their style of play, not based off of hierarchy.
Rashford was only played because of the injuries and he had the luck to have LVG managing us who loves giving youth a chance.

Blackett was only used LVG wanted a left footed CB and he was rubbish, same as McNair.

McTominay was the only player that came out of nowhere and I don't really rate him.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Rashford was only played because of the injuries and he had the luck to have LVG managing us who loves giving youth a chance.

Blackett was only used LVG wanted a left footed CB and he was rubbish, same as McNair.

McTominay was the only player that came out of nowhere and I don't really rate him.
Which backs up the thought that there’s no actual priority list

Yagami

Good post resistant
Just got another assist.

Man, I wish I could watch him instead of Fred and McTominay.

dutchred

With a little luck he may start tonight for the senior team. They have nothing to lose

Yagami

Good post resistant
With a little luck he may start tonight for the senior team. They have nothing to lose
Unfortunately, it wasn't to be. He ended up playing for the u21s again:

He's sooo good under pressure with those Xavi-esque La Pelopina turns.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Back in midfield for Doncaster:

Mr PG

This little magician should be in the first team. Will most likely be recalled in January by Ralf.

Marwood

That's ridiculous, he is nowhere near that level yet, he needs far too much space
Impossible to say he needs too much space without seeing him at a higher level.

It's still a longshot like it is with nearly all young players but I'd love to see him tested at least at Prem level.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Impossible to say he needs too much space without seeing him at a higher level.

It's still a longshot like it is with nearly all young players but I'd love to see him tested at least at Prem level.
He's not even been a league 1 clubs top 2 players and for a club in league 1 that are 1 place off the bottom of the table? You guys are getting far too carried away, he has done nothing to warrant a chance. Garner is playing a league above for a club in the midtable and has shown far more to date to be more ready at this moment.

Marwood

He's not even been a league 1 clubs top 2 players and for a club in league 1 that are 1 place off the bottom of the table? You guys are getting far too carried away, he has done nothing to warrant a chance. Garner is playing a league above for a club in the midtable and has shown far more to date to be more ready at this moment.
Sure I take your point there.

But you came up with a very specific negative about his game, that he needs too much space to do his thing. How could you know that without seeing him tested at a higher level where that space is restricted more?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Sure I take your point there.

But you came up with a very specific negative about his game, that he needs too much space to do his thing. How could you know that without seeing him tested at a higher level where that space is restricted more?
Just a comment based on what I've seen him which admittedly is only a few games but his turning circle seems slow and labored and often takes too long to get his head up, I may well be wrong but he strikes me as someone who needs a lot of time, he isn't looking where it's going before he receives it etc and I just don't think he will be afforded that at the top level and it's a very hard thing to improve.

Highfather_24

Saying Galbraith is "slow and laboured" and then bigging up James Garner in the same breath, makes zero sense to me.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Saying Galbraith is "slow and laboured" and then bigging up James Garner in the same breath, makes zero sense to me.
I was saying that Galbraith's turning circle appears slow and labored, I never said Garner did not have this issue also, I said he is currently playing at a higher level and so far has proved more.

Marwood

Just a comment based on what I've seen him which admittedly is only a few games but his turning circle seems slow and labored and often takes too long to get his head up, I may well be wrong but he strikes me as someone who needs a lot of time, he isn't looking where it's going before he receives it etc and I just don't think he will be afforded that at the top level and it's a very hard thing to improve.
His turning circle would be the last thing I'd class as a negative. If anything that's his strength.

SAF is the GOAT

Any news on him ? Don't united want to loan him to a better team in a better league ?

Mickson

Any news on him ? Don't united want to loan him to a better team in a better league ?
He can start by tearing up this league, which he ain't doing. Rated 4/10 last night for Doncaster for example. He's been decent though but not exactly dominating every game... he seems a tad inconsistent, I think he should stay in the league this season but time is running out on his United career for sure.

city-puma

He is an amazing talent. What’s needed to make another level up? Physical buildup? It’s very interesting to see how he will continue his development for the next two years.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He is an amazing talent. What’s needed to make another level up? Physical buildup? It’s very interesting to see how he will continue his development for the next two years.
Physicality and experience mainly. Bit surprised we didn't recall him and try for a Championship loan.

L1nk

Just saw this and wondered if anyone was keeping an eye on him

Status
Not open for further replies.