Ethan Galbraith

spenzo

It's hard to explain at times but some players seem to have something that tells me that they're just more suited to making the step up than perhaps the more 'standout' player(s). Galbraith has that more than Garner for me but as has been said already, time will tell. Great problem to have if all three continue to develop.

Mark Pawelek

It's hard to explain at times but some players seem to have something that tells me that they're just more suited to making the step up than perhaps the more 'standout' player(s). Galbraith has that more than Garner for me but as has been said already, time will tell. Great problem to have if all three continue to develop.
If you can't explain it why bother writing it? This kind of 'he has the magical something' leaves me baffled.

Mickson

He's a good player but I don't really see anything that special in him. A new Oliver Norwood, which isn't bad but I highly doubt he is going to make a mark at United. James Garner has a higher ceiling, just like Dylan Levitt. It's going to make it more difficult for Ethan.

spenzo

If you can't explain it why bother writing it? This kind of 'he has the magical something' leaves me baffled.
Because this is an open forum where I can write what I want. You're a grumpy one aren't you?

To expand, I think Galbraith has a better long pass on him or is at least more willing than Garner to play that pass. He is also very nimble and operates better than Jimmy in tight spaces.

Garner, as intelligent as he is, can let his positioning expose his lack of athleticism. I've seen that more so in his brief outings with the first team.

Although Garner is very far from soft, Galbraith has a lot of tenacity to his game too but also seems to channel it pretty well which I think works in his favour.

As far as the intangibles, like I said it's hard to explain but the feeling I have with Garner is similar to that of Pearson, who many on here thought was a cert to breakthrough. No glaring flaws but I don't see him quite carrying his U18/U23 game to professional level in the same way.

Ultimately, all we can do is theorize. Garner could prove me wrong, ultimately I hope he does and I'm far from writing him off but that's my opinion.

Mark Pawelek

Because this is an open forum where I can write what I want. You're a grumpy one aren't you?

To expand, I think Galbraith has a better long pass on him or is at least more willing than Garner to play that pass. He is also very nimble and operates better than Jimmy in tight spaces.

Garner, as intelligent as he is, can let his positioning expose his lack of athleticism. I've seen that more so in his brief outings with the first team.

Although Garner is very far from soft, Galbraith has a lot of tenacity to his game too but also seems to channel it pretty well which I think works in his favour.

As far as the intangibles, like I said it's hard to explain but the feeling I have with Garner is similar to that of Pearson, who many on here thought was a cert to breakthrough. No glaring flaws but I don't see him quite carrying his U18/U23 game to professional level in the same way.

Ultimately, all we can do is theorize. Garner could prove me wrong, ultimately I hope he does and I'm far from writing him off but that's my opinion.
I think second guessing a player's potential at this stage of their career is pointless. All kinds of things can happen to derail them. With talent, fitness, winning mentality and never giving up are the most important factors. I've seen nothing to show Galbraith has more than Garner. At this stage all 3 (Levitt, Garner and Galbraith) are good midfield prospects. Their performances during their games will determine their futures. Talking about anything but performances is blah, blah. Go ahead anyway. Forum storage space is almost free, as is your time. I'd rather look at evidence than speculate - always. I'm off - won't be replying again.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Pleasantly surprised to see him in the squad that's off to Germany. I'm not too hopeful at seeing him actually getting on the pitch, but it's nice to see that he's at least on Ole's radar.

Utdstar01

Pleasantly surprised to see him in the squad that's off to Germany. I'm not too hopeful at seeing him actually getting on the pitch, but it's nice to see that he's at least on Ole's radar.
I like him as a player. Very rounded game but a big ask to make it here.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not as pleasing on the eye as Garner and Levitt but he keeps the game moving in midfield with a minimum of fuss, yet can imagine him playing a great game and some saying he did sod all today .....
I think that's something a lot of the "less flashy" midfielders suffer from.

lysglimt

Scout
I can't help feeling that our U23's will struggle offensively this season. Garner and Chong out on loan, Levitt might follow. Williams and Greenwood moved into the senior squad. Mellor injured and Gomes has left- so it will be a lot of really young players up front. So if Galbraith doesn't go out on loan, a lot of the responsibility will fall on him as the most experienced player

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I can't help feeling that our U23's will struggle offensively this season. Garner and Chong out on loan, Levitt might follow. Williams and Greenwood moved into the senior squad. Mellor injured and Gomes has left- so it will be a lot of really young players up front. So if Galbraith doesn't go out on loan, a lot of the responsibility will fall on him as the most experienced player
And no doubt he'd thrive on it.

It will be a youthful team, but

Sotona Hoogewerf Elanga
Mejbri
Galbraith Puigmal

...doesn't look too shabby for a front six​

Yagami

Good post resistant
There's been some talk of Stoke loaning him. Their current manager, Michael O'Neill, was the one who handed Galbraith his senior debut for Ireland a few months ago, so it'd be a positive for Ethan to play under a manager who knows and rates him.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I think when Rashford first broke through many who followed the reserves were a bit perplexed and rated Will Keane more.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Not as pleasing on the eye as Garner and Levitt but he keeps the game moving in midfield with a minimum of fuss, yet can imagine him playing a great game and some saying he did sod all today .....
I actually find him more pleasing on the eye than them two. He's been my favourite player to watch in the academy for a while now. Mejbri is running him close now, though.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I think when Rashford first broke through many who followed the reserves were a bit perplexed and rated Will Keane more.
When Rashford broke through Keane was 23, coming off 4 unsuccessful loans and years of injuries. No one rated him at that point to do anything. The only thing he had over Rashford was age and experience. Rashford was very highly rated, he was just expected to take another year as he was only being eased into the u23s at the time.

khoazany

There's been some talk of Stoke loaning him. Their current manager, Michael O'Neill, was the one who handed Galbraith his senior debut for Ireland a few months ago, so it'd be a positive for Ethan to play under a manager who knows and rates him.
That would be cool, think he's good enough to handle the Championship level at the moment.

Ace of Spades

If we can loan him, then we should do it.

lysglimt

Scout
And no doubt he'd thrive on it.

It will be a youthful team, but

Sotona Hoogewerf Elanga
Mejbri
Galbraith Puigmal

...doesn't look too shabby for a front six​
Four 17 year olds can be tough - when you are up against a lot of 20-21 year olds.

Class of 63

Sourness
Four 17 year olds can be tough - when you are up against a lot of 20-21 year olds.
Elanga is 18 now so it's only 3 ;)

Sink or swim time, and there are very few 20/21 year olds playing anyway which makes a mockery of yet another PL brainchild.

Should have stuck with 17's, 19's and 21's, or reverted back to the 'A', 'B' and Reserve Leagues, and preferably given the players a match a week at least, none of this current nonsense where in the heart of the season the team just below the first-team might not have a game for 5 weeks. Rant over.

0le

When Rashford broke through Keane was 23, coming off 4 unsuccessful loans and years of injuries. No one rated him at that point to do anything. The only thing he had over Rashford was age and experience. Rashford was very highly rated, he was just expected to take another year as he was only being eased into the u23s at the time.
Yup and most importantly, Keane was injured at the time anyway so Rashford was the next choice for the game and the rest as they say, is history. :)

Yagami

Good post resistant
My man of the match today.

He was the only midfielder capable of dealing with their press when he drifted centrally and came deep. Garner and Levitt just don't have his ability under pressure.

Joseunited

Sarcastically clapping the ref when we finally got a free kick was hilarious.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Strange player, he seems to be able to fill in almost anywhere and look comfortable. Don't see any standout qualities though really at the moment. Hopefully he can get a good loan and prove himself.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Strange player, he seems to be able to fill in almost anywhere and look comfortable. Don't see any standout qualities though really at the moment. Hopefully he can get a good loan and prove himself.
He looks really good on the ball under pressure. Out of the midfielders yesterday he looked like the only one who could play in our midfield to me.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He looks really good on the ball under pressure. Out of the midfielders yesterday he looked like the only one who could play in our midfield to me.
Yeah but recycling the ball isn't enough to play for a top team for long, hopefully he can keep developing.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yeah but recycling the ball isn't enough to play for a top team for long, hopefully he can keep developing.
He was not just recycling, my comment was only based on that game also

Yagami

Good post resistant
Called up to the N.Ireland U21 squad. I will try and catch their games if he starts. Malta on the 4th and Denmark on the 8th.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Always looking to push the ball forward. Very comfortable taking the ball in small spaces and on the half turn.

Extremely useful qualities for a team like ours.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Thought that was strange with him already being a full International.
I think that was just a bit by then manager Michael O'Neill to show Galbraith that he is on their radar and to give him a confidence boost seeing as he only had a minute or two cameo.

A bit like how Ole handed Galbraith his senior debut against Astana; bringing him on for a minute, and how he also included him in the Europa squad that went to Germany.

Class of 63

Sourness
I think that was just a bit by then manager Michael O'Neill to show Galbraith that he is on their radar and to give him a confidence boost seeing as he only had a minute or two cameo.

A bit like how Ole handed Galbraith his senior debut against Astana; bringing him on for a minute, and how he also included him in the Europa squad that went to Germany.
Yeah you're probably right, and thinking back there were a lot of senior players injured when he made his debut, and it was only Luxembourg.

spenzo

It wouldn't be the end of the world but you can see that a full season with the 23s won't do much for him. If he doesn't get a loan move then hopefully he can at least start training with the first team full time. Think everyone's starting to see that there's a real player in there.

Jibbs

This guy needs a loan move for at least couple of years at a good championship side where he can play majority of games.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
This guy needs a loan move for at least couple of years at a good championship side where he can play majority of games.
Not sure about that.

He has played the majority of his career in the Academy playing against other 17 years olds. Jumping from Academy football to the first team is massive step...particularly a physical league like the Championship.

I wouldn't do anything until he has at least played half a season for the reserves. Then as always a view can be taken in January.