Ethan Galbraith

Connor C

I’ve got a weird feeling that Galbraith will make it ahead of Garner and Levitt. He seems to be perfect for what we need in the first team. Got everything bar experience at the top level

Mickson

I’ve got a weird feeling that Galbraith will make it ahead of Garner and Levitt. He seems to be perfect for what we need in the first team. Got everything bar experience at the top level
I think he's hard to judge. Very good footballer, but not sure he can cut it at top level. It would be interesting to see him get a real chance, but that would never happen under Ole as he prefers physicality in midfield rather than control or passing.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I think he's hard to judge. Very good footballer, but not sure he can cut it at top level. It would be interesting to see him get a real chance, but that would never happen under Ole as he prefers physicality in midfield rather than control or passing.
Not that it matter much, but I actually think he prefer control/passing. He just dont have the ability to make it work at this level.

Remember the geese

is he a 6?
In my opinion, yes. Has a great range of passing and is press resistant. Despite not being the strongest, he knows how to use his body to keep possession and is fairly agile with a decent change of pace in order to wriggle out of tight situations and create space. He plays a bit like an older version of Scholes. I think he would work really well alongside a player who is energetic and strong defensively. Think Jorginho alongside Kante.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
His passing through the line versus Cambridge was really good. A bit too much air under a few of those longer passes, but looks good! Not easy for a young player to be good for a team that struggle. Hope we can see him at a higher level for a better team really soon.

Also really good to see that he he versatile.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
In my opinion, yes. Has a great range of passing and is press resistant. Despite not being the strongest, he knows how to use his body to keep possession and is fairly agile with a decent change of pace in order to wriggle out of tight situations and create space. He plays a bit like an older version of Scholes. I think he would work really well alongside a player who is energetic and strong defensively. Think Jorginho alongside Kante.
Thanks

Yagami

Good post resistant
is he a 6?
As @Remember the geese says, yes. Think a Verratti who, despite being small, will get stuck in but can also keep the ball under pressure with some nice la pelopinas. Pings the ball like Scholes, makes them line breaking passes like a Carrick.

He can also play as an 8 and fill in at rb, which he did for the u18s and has done for the past two games for Doncaster due to injuries.

As @Remember the geese says, yes. Think a Verratti who, despite being small, will get stuck in but can also keep the ball under pressure with some nice la pelopinas. Pings the ball like Scholes, makes them line breaking passes like a Carrick.

He can also play as an 8 and fill in at rb, which he did for the u18s and has done for the past two games for Doncaster due to injuries.
Nice.

Yagami

Good post resistant
By the way, @Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber , if you check his thread in the player performances section, I've posted numerous videos of his (mainly individual highlight ones at Doncaster) if you want to check them out and have a look at his style of play.

In my opinion, he's better than Garner and Levitt. Mejbri is still our most promising cm, but Galbraith is 2nd.

By the way, @Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber , if you check his thread in the player performances section, I've posted numerous videos of his (mainly individual highlight ones at Doncaster) if you want to check them out and have a look at his style of play.

In my opinion, he's better than Garner and Levitt. Mejbri is still our most promising cm, but Galbraith is 2nd.
I'll look for them

dutchred

his style reminds me of a young Frankie de Jong at Ajax

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

I'm not sure he's better than Garner. Galbraith does look good, but he is playing in the 3rd tier let's not forget.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'm not sure he's better than Garner. Galbraith does look good, but he is playing in the 3rd tier let's not forget.
You're right there, mate, but I'm not basing my opinion purely off this season. I'm taking their careers here under account, too, and, personally, I was always more impressed with Galbraith for our u23s than Garner. I was never really impressed at all with Garner in general, honestly.

Still, we do need to see Ethan perform at a higher level, but I think he'll take to it like a duck to water.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
You're right there, mate, but I'm not basing my opinion purely off this season. I'm taking their careers here under account, too, and, personally, I was always more impressed with Galbraith for our u23s than Garner. I was never really impressed at all with Garner in general, honestly.

Still, we do need to see Ethan perform at a higher level, but I think he'll take to it like a duck to water.
Fair, I would like to see Ethan at championship level as I've always felt against better opposition he's gone a bit quiet.

Needs the opportunity though now, seems to be maturing

Yagami

Good post resistant
Fair, I would like to see Ethan at championship level as I've always felt against better opposition he's gone a bit quiet.

Needs the opportunity though now, seems to be maturing
At least he looks too good for the level he's playing at.

I don't think it'll be long before that opportunity arrives, tbh. With Northern Ireland unfortunately failing to qualify, I think the manager will call him up sooner rather than later, so he'll be playing senior international football, and, in January, we'll probably recall him and loan him to a championship team at least. Hopefully, if that does happen, he takes it in his stride as I believe there's a real player in there. A midfielder we've been crying out for since Scholes.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
At least he looks too good for the level he's playing at.

I don't think it'll be long before that opportunity arrives, tbh. With Northern Ireland unfortunately failing to qualify, I think the manager will call him up sooner rather than later, so he'll be playing senior international football, and, in January, we'll probably recall him and loan him to a championship team at least. Hopefully, if that does happen, he takes it in his stride as I believe there's a real player in there. A midfielder we've been crying out for since Scholes.
That's a good point.

I hope so, our midfield needs a serious overhaul. Would be fantastic if that could come from within the club.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I do agree with @Yagami that I also think Galbraith is naturally more talented than Garner. And that opinion was formed whilst watching both players at reserve/youth level. Galbraith is shorter than Garner but more mobile in comparison and also cultured on the ball. It'll be interesting to see how he develops as he works his way up the football pyramid.

Mickson

Not that it matter much, but I actually think he prefer control/passing. He just dont have the ability to make it work at this level.
Nah, he plays them because they can cover the most ground and win most duels due to his forwards not doing any work off the ball. He said it himself that he wants his midfielders to show passion, win duels, and be aggressive.

Davie Moyes

From the little I've seen of the youth and reserves I must admit Galbraith has looked more interesting to me than Garner and Levitt. I remember thinking this guy is giving off Scholes type vibes. Like Adnan said he seems more mobile and press-resistant than the other two.

Mickson

Starting to make his mark, and in different positions too. It will be interesting to see what happens with him next season.

lysglimt

Scout
I do agree with @Yagami that I also think Galbraith is naturally more talented than Garner. And that opinion was formed whilst watching both players at reserve/youth level. Galbraith is shorter than Garner but more mobile in comparison and also cultured on the ball. It'll be interesting to see how he develops as he works his way up the football pyramid.
They are completely different. Galbraith is a Scholes-light in his movement and better on the ball. Garner has a superb range of passing combined with some crunching tackles.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
They are completely different. Galbraith is a Scholes-light in his movement and better on the ball. Garner has a superb range of passing combined with some crunching tackles.
Both occupy a similar space on the pitch and whilst being different in profile, I do prefer Galbraith, who IMO has a good level of technical ability, aswell as being very mobile compared to Garner.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Seeing Iqbal light things up is making me sad he isn't with the squad.

Marwood

Really strange move, I thought he did well at Doncaster?

Is scouting at an all time low? Surely a scout from above league 2 has seen him and can appreciate his talent.