Ethan Laird image 99

Ethan Laird England flag

2020-21 Performances

View full 2020-21 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

Anyone notice the mentality of some of the youngsters?

Laird with those quotes has already won over some fans, he knows what is expected of him at this club if he wants to break through.

Mengi is another who I have seen from his comments and such has a very good mentality.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The video:

My boy is going to the top trust me.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The video:

My boy is going to the top trust me.
Hope so. Admittedly I don't tune into a lot of our loanees' matches, Laird will be the exception to that. He and Greenwood are the only ones I've seen in half a decade that you only need 1 game to know what they're about, injuries permitting. Might sound like I'm gushing but Laird is a ridiculous prospect and I can't wait to see how he gets on during his loan.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Hope so. Admittedly I don't tune into a lot of our loanees' matches, Laird will be the exception to that. He and Greenwood are the only ones I've seen in half a decade that you only need 1 game to know what they're about, injuries permitting. Might sound like I'm gushing but Laird is a ridiculous prospect and I can't wait to see how he gets on during his loan.
I agree. Been clear to me for a few years that Laird and Greenwood are on a level of their own as far as our talent in their age group. Would be a huge shame for injury to deny him at least a fair shot.

lenny_1248

100% agreed.

If there is a God, please let Ethan stay injury free...

CM10

It seems like we've held fire on a more attacking RB to compete with Wan-Bissaka until at least the summer so I guess this is Laird's opportunity to stake a claim.

If this loan can do for him what the Wigan loan move did for Reece James at Chelsea a couple of years ago that would be huge for him. It does seem as though MK Dons have plans to use him regularly and he has the right mentality to make it work so that in itself bodes well.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I've been banging this drum for 3 years and even created the thread in youth section but unfortunately he's had bad luck with injuries. I could be wrong but I believe his potential is similar to Tariq Lamptey and Max Aarons at the very least. And from what's being reported in the media, it seems like Solskjaer is gonna give him every opportunity to challenge for a spot in the first team.

nmm85

Great to see him so excited and confident. He's proper chomping at the bit there!

Any way to watch MK Dons at all?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Great to see him so excited and confident. He's proper chomping at the bit there!

Any way to watch MK Dons at all?
They have that website that you can subscribe to in order to watch all of 1 teams games, but I forget the name at the moment.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I've been banging this drum for 3 years and even created the thread in youth section but unfortunately he's had bad luck with injuries. I could be wrong but I believe his potential is similar to Tariq Lamptey and Max Aarons at the very least. And from what's being reported in the media, it seems like Solskjaer is gonna give him every opportunity to challenge for a spot in the first team.
I think you're doing him a disservice there, he's got more natural ability than either of them and no disadvantages in terms of physique. He is however incredibly injury prone and that needs to settle down or he'll have no chance of making it at the top.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’ll be far better than both defensively I suspect. I think he’s more Reece James like. Laird has a great physique, similar to James. Once he gets used to men’s footy, he will be tough to beat 1v1 as he has speed and strength. His attacking game, as we know, is already quality.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think you're doing him a disservice there, he's got more natural ability than either of them and no disadvantages in terms of physique. He is however incredibly injury prone and that needs to settle down or he'll have no chance of making it at the top.
We have to remember that Laird still needs to show his potential ability on a regular basis at first team level. The other two have done that to varying degrees. I don't want to get too carried away but at this moment in time it's important he gets a break from the injuries and then performs well for MK Dons. And then at the end of the loan we can hopefully make a more informed assessment.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I definitely think he’s comfortably better than both just needs to stay fit!

So glad he’ll be getting game time as I genuinely think he can be our attacking RB against weaker sides and AWB our defensive one depending on the wingers.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
We have to remember that Laird still needs to show his potential ability on a regular basis at first team level. The other two have done that to varying degrees. I don't want to get too carried away but at this moment in time it's important he gets a break from the injuries and then performs well for MK Dons. And then at the end of the loan we can hopefully make a more informed assessment.
We don't have to remember that. I first watched him in a tournie when he was 12 and he was levels above the others around him even then, moreso than even Angel Gomes was. His natural ability is terrific, doesn't mean anything unless he can stay fit though.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He’ll be far better than both defensively I suspect. I think he’s more Reece James like. Laird has a great physique, similar to James. Once he gets used to men’s footy, he will be tough to beat 1v1 as he has speed and strength. His attacking game, as we know, is already quality.
I agree. He's always shown a very high level of productivity coming through the ranks and even scored 22 goals in a season at u16 level. He's also been deployed at LB and at CB which tells you that he's very good on the ball. But the main thing for me isn't how much he scores or assists but rather how well he improves our build up play which for me is the most important thing for a fullback. And this kid has shown a very high level in that regard which is why I'm a big believer in his ability and even people within the club according to reports feel the same. And defensively I see no issues either but that doesn't mean he won't make mistakes which is normal for a young teenage footballer. But the issue I have nowadays is that everything is micro analysed, especially on this forum.

lost7

Anyone watched the match? MK Dons lost, but would love to know how the lad performed

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Didn't watch the game but MK Dons supporters think he was their best player in a game where things didn't go according to plan.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
MK Dons playing Fleetwood tonight with the game kicking off at 7pm. Hopefully he starts.

lost7

Hoping he can follow a similar path that Reece James did.
Hopefully he can do even better. This guy looks to have the talent and more importantly, the right attitude. Only thing that could stop him is his whether he'll be able to stay fit

slyadams

Off injured, I was out of the room so can’t comment. After his shot was reasonably quiet, feels like the dons have eased off as well, which is understandable on a foul night.

slyadams

Overall a good performance again where you can see there’s more bubbling under the surface to come out. The concern will be most pitches at this level this year are appalling because most clubs have had to furlough ground staff so it will be very hard for him to show his best stuff.

United58

Anyone see how bad the injury was? Hopefully it's just a precautionary one, he's missed so much time over the past few years

Status
Not open for further replies.