2020-21 Performances

View full 2020-21 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sounds like he's taken to that level pretty easily which is good news

criticalanalysis

I agree. Been clear to me for a few years that Laird and Greenwood are on a level of their own as far as our talent in their age group. Would be a huge shame for injury to deny him at least a fair shot.
Based on those highlights, I'm on the hype train. Love the winger-like confidence and dribbling on the ball.

How's he defensively?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Based on those highlights, I'm on the hype train. Love the winger-like confidence and dribbling on the ball.

How's he defensively?
He’s of course still developing defensively. He’s built like a tank though, and his athletic qualities means he’s very hard to beat 1v1. In a couple of years, I can see him being unbeatable on the deck. He’s rapid and strong, similar build to Reece James. He may be caught out of position perhaps, but won’t be done 1v1 too often. He’s a totally different build to Brandon Williams, for example, who is skinny and weak at the moment.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I would not call Williams 'weak' though he is not as built as Laird. He certainly competes well. Laird has more potential I think.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I would not call Williams 'weak' though he is not as built as Laird. He certainly competes well. Laird has more potential I think.
He’s certainly spirited, but he seems weak to me. But he has heart and manages to get a foot in quite often and doesn’t give up easily.

criticalanalysis

He’s of course still developing defensively. He’s built like a tank though, and his athletic qualities means he’s very hard to beat 1v1. In a couple of years, I can see him being unbeatable on the deck. He’s rapid and strong, similar build to Reece James. He may be caught out of position perhaps, but won’t be done 1v1 too often. He’s a totally different build to Brandon Williams, for example, who is skinny and weak at the moment.
Alright, I've packed my bags and I'm fully onboard.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

How's he defensively?
It's his injury record we have to be wary of, not his ability. I think I've used "dynamite" to describe him in the past, when he was on form he could run games for us at right back. He and Williams were two of McKenna's best offensive outlets in the team that won the title.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
IF Ethan Laird can stay fit and maintain his top level, Man Utd does not need to buy a new right back to compete with Wan-Bissaka. Laird could be our right back for 10 years (no doubt if he doesn't make it this will be quoted back at me!)

rotherham_red

IF Ethan Laird can stay fit and maintain his top level, Man Utd does not need to buy a new right back to compete with Wan-Bissaka. Laird could be our right back for 10 years (no doubt if he doesn't make it this will be quoted back at me!)
I think an experienced RB who has the attacking profile that AWB currently lacks would still be needed, but long-term it's Laird's spot to lose if he can get over his injuries.

Thiagoal

I would hope he’s the first name on the team sheet for any league 1 side. If he can’t get into MK Dons then there’s no way he’ll have a career at United

AltiUn

Anyone watching?

Seems to be getting stick for the goal though.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's a good looking kid isn't he! Quite charismatic too, I think he's overtaken Ryan Gosling as my man crush. :nervous:
I always thought that, but he’s much better looking when you see him off the pitch in his civvies than he does in his kit! But certainly has the marketability going for himself!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He’s there to learn. Let him make his errors out of the Utd spotlight

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s there to learn. Let him make his errors out of the Utd spotlight
Indeed.

His reserve days should be over now with this loan, even when he returns - he needs to be with the seniors full time, no point putting him back in the 23s again. His learning and development should accelerate from here on.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I always thought that, but he’s much better looking when you see him off the pitch in his civvies than he does in his kit! But certainly has the marketability going for himself!
I haven't seen the youth teams for a while, but he looks nothing like the avatar at the top of this thread.

Guy seems to have it all though, well, all but injury free (for now).

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Playing at Right wing back today. 0-0 HT

Nothing on how well he's doing so far but their unchanged for the second half. Good he's getting more game time

prateik

Did he play in central midfield ? Or have Livescore got it totally wrong?

AltiUn

The match highlights against Sunderland. Looks eager to get forward, linked up well with their winger on one occasion, and on another day might have scored his chance, his game will improve with game time and confidence. His biggest defensive issue right now seems to be not getting tight enough to his attacker, it's not something that seems like it'll be an issue forever though.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
One of the candidates for MOTM tonight in a superb performance by all accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.