View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's done alright so far.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yea he did well enough going both ways first half.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Glad he's starting.

Forest also brought in a talented FB Laryea from MLS and he hasn't even made the squad since joining in January.

I guess promotion and playoff bound teams are scared of integrating new players in the run in.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Having a very good game.

Threatening going forward and has made a couple of good interceptions.

Mainoldo

Seemed like a passenger. Could see why he don’t start much. Seemed abit pitch shy.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This is probably the most boring match of football I've ever watched.

Santos J

Glad he's starting.

Forest also brought in a talented FB Laryea from MLS and he hasn't even made the squad since joining in January.

I guess promotion and playoff bound teams are scared of integrating new players in the run in.
Tbf Laryea has the best RB in the league in front of him

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Yeah I thought he was a bit crap, but the game was pure shite so hopefully it's just a case of him needing the minutes.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Guess the manager thinks he is doing well. Or maybe we have told them we’ll take him back next season if they don’t start using him

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Just been subbed off. Don't know how he's performed though.
Think they changed formation when they subbed him. He played both RB and WB today I believe, and they changed the shape of their defence when bringing him off.

Mickson

´From Dorset Live
Ethan Laird - 7

In a backline discernibly shaky in the first half, Laird looked the most composed, dribbling past players and bypassing Coventry pressure. Opportunities to attack were fleeting but he dealt with the threat of Ian Maatsen well. Was brought off as Parker opted to further tighten his backline.
He should be first choice at right-back for United next season. He will be better than both AWB and Dalot under ETH.

pascell

´From Dorset Live

He should be first choice at right-back for United next season. He will be better than both AWB and Dalot under ETH.
I said when we were linked with AWB that we shouldn't bother as we have Laird in the academy. At the time I suggested signing Meunier on a free and ease Laird into the first team picture.

We obviously know what happened, AWB is a bigger waste of money than Maguire imo. Both just don't fit but AWB is absolutely nowhere near the level we aspire to be, I'd even go as far as saying he's a relegation battling team level player. We were absolutely robbed by Palace.

SoCross

´From Dorset Live

I’m a huge fan and maintained that he and Greenwood were the dead certs for the United first team out of the group but he won’t find the jump easy. Hope the manager will show faith and possibly more importantly, hope Laird maintains fitness.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
´From Dorset Live

Good to hear. Hope he continues till end of the season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If he's talented in attack we really should keep him in the first team next if our options remain the same.

lenny_1248

I'd rather watch him, Brandon and Fernandez next season than Telles, Dalot and AWB. These 3 are absolutely horrible football players.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bit of a shame to see him on the bench tonight, has he been injured again?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Maybe he’s just plateauing. I’d say it’s harder get into a settled team at the top of the championship than a team hovering lower mid table in the PL. He’s at least shown this year that he’s a good championship player if he can stay fit. Very decent progress. Hopefully he can get a shot somewhere in the PL next year even as a squad player and see where we are at. I doubt he’s ready for Utd now or if he ever will be and I’m saying that as a huge fan. Massive massive jump from Bournemouth or lower PL squad to Utd starter.

Olecurls99

Maybe he’s just plateauing. I’d say it’s harder get into a settled team at the top of the championship than a team hovering lower mid table in the PL. He’s at least shown this year that he’s a good championship player if he can stay fit. Very decent progress. Hopefully he can get a shot somewhere in the PL next year even as a squad player and see where we are at. I doubt he’s ready for Utd now or if he ever will be and I’m saying that as a huge fan. Massive massive jump from Bournemouth or lower PL squad to Utd starter.
Disagree. This lad has exactly what we need. Pace, good in the tackle, decent skill and he can pick a pass. Get him back challenging Dalot for the right side berth

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Disagree. This lad has exactly what we need. Pace, good in the tackle, decent skill and he can pick a pass. Get him back challenging Dalot for the right side berth
As I said I’m a very big fan and have been since he first started in the u18s. He’s probably been the most obvious player who’ll make it if he can stay fit. I think hell do pretty well at PL level but Utd might be a step too far for a few years. I think a place in the squad here is about 10 games. It’s probably not enough to develop.

Olecurls99

As I said I’m a very big fan and have been since he first started in the u18s. He’s probably been the most obvious player who’ll make it if he can stay fit. I think hell do pretty well at PL level but Utd might be a step too far for a few years. I think a place in the squad here is about 10 games. It’s probably not enough to develop.
I'd be giving him a good chance to oust Dalot. Nobody has nailed that right back slot and I'd be letting the 2 of them go at it.

dutchred

He's very similar in style to Denzel Dumfries. I'd prefer to give him a chance instead of getting Dumfries. I just hope he is a better defender than Dumfries

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Reece James went from a loan at Wigan to Chealsea first choice right back in 4 months so I don't see why Laird can't do the same. If he has a full season undrr ten Hag, trust me, he'll be staying and fighting for that spot. He has a style similar to Mazroui and ten Hag would love it.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I remember Laird being rated as high as Greenwood in the youth teams, injuries have hampered his development, but from what I've seen and heard of him, his attitude is top notch unlike the other one.

Hopefully he'll Van Persie it and become world class in spite of his luck with injuries.

JohnnyLaw

Reece James went from a loan at Wigan to Chealsea first choice right back in 4 months so I don't see why Laird can't do the same. If he has a full season undrr ten Hag, trust me, he'll be staying and fighting for that spot. He has a style similar to Mazroui and ten Hag would love it.
None of us want to be in the europa league, but it does provide an additional opportunity to rotate and test out the youngsters.

The big question with Laird is if he can stay fit, but I’d be happy keeping him in the squad for next season now that we’ll have plenty of games for him to play in. He needs to be trusted to play though, if not it’s better that he goes out on loan to keep his development on track.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He's very similar in style to Denzel Dumfries. I'd prefer to give him a chance instead of getting Dumfries. I just hope he is a better defender than Dumfries
Is he? I think Laird is much better on the ball. Better dribling, passing, can beat a man. Dumfries is better off the ball in his attacking intents, he has very good runs and positioning and is very effective in his delivery or being at the right place to score.

Laird hasnt been tested that much defensively in his senior career, but was always fine in the academy.

jesperjaap

If we dont purchase a right back he should definately stay in the squad. If Bissaka goes Dalot is our number one right back and fro me, Dalot is a piss poor right back let alone a first choice one, if he is as talented as appears and can stay fit, he should make opportunities for himself to challenge there

Stacks

Reece James played 45 games and won Wigan's player of the year, players player of the year, goal of the season AND made the Championship team of the season. Laird has barely played 2nd half of the season so is still unproven let alone being a stand out player at Championship level. This is absurd. Laird isn't near James. Not many of our youngsters are or will ever be top level. This is the reality of an academy.

Bondi77

Reece James played 45 games and won Wigan's player of the year, players player of the year, goal of the season AND made the Championship team of the season. Laird has barely played 2nd half of the season so is still unproven let alone being a stand out player at Championship level. This is absurd. Laird isn't near James. Not many of our youngsters are or will ever be top level. This is the reality of an academy.
Reece James is a beast!

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Take into consideration that Reece was at Wigan, struggling while Laird went to promotion chasing teams so he didnt have the leeway to play week in week out but when did play, he was very good. Ask the Swansea fans they loved him. Laird will surprise many, he just needs to stay fit. He has all the talent to be a Maicon level player.

Stacks

Take into consideration that Reece was at Wigan, struggling while Laird went to promotion chasing teams so he didnt have the leeway to play week in week out but when did play, he was very good. Ask the Swansea fans they loved him. Laird will surprise many, he just needs to stay fit. He has all the talent to be a Maicon level player.
So what? If you are an upgrade on the player ahead of you then you should play. Who are Swansea's and Bounemouth's RB? pretty sure they aren't regarded the best in the league in their positions.

The Maicon bit is just.....every United youngster has the talent to be an all time great

Idxomer

So what? If you are an upgrade on the player ahead of you then you should play. Who are Swansea's and Bounemouth's RB? pretty sure they aren't regarded the best in the league in their positions.

The Maicon bit is just.....every United youngster has the talent to be an all time great
He was starting every game for Swansea.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Laird is quality, it was a shit decision to send him to Bournemouth who were always going to favour their settled first choice RB given the position they were in. Baffling decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.