Ethan Laird image 99

Ethan Laird England flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeh1991

We gotta start acting like top clubs and sell players like Laird or Hannibal with buy-back options. They are not gonna get chances soon and deserve to play regular football, but we should secure an option to have them back if they make it big. Not saying we should do that with anyone though.

SoCross

Man, so that’s Laird and MG done. Never am I pinning hopes on academy products, these two were my dead certs.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Man, so that’s Laird and MG done. Never am I pinning hopes on academy products, these two were my dead certs.
MG in a footballing sense is a dead cert, I would struggle to think of a better player at the club. And he'll likely go out on loan.

Hope we have a buy-back for Laird.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Another one who came up a lot in the "our squad next season" / "starting XI in five years" predictions over the last few years.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Any fee mentioned?

Roboc7

Makes sense he was a long way off being ready for the first team and would only have been loaned out until his contract expired if he wasn’t sold.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Anyone else before this past week?

Clubs like Real, Barcelona, etc, have been putting buy-back clauses into departing talent for more than a decade at least. I'd hate to think that Iqbal is the only example on record.
Who have we sold from the youth that we thought may have had potential to even bother putting a buy back clause in?

edcunited1878

Glad the club has taken care of him and continues to show the jump between a nice talent but injured player, compared to a full international like Dalot and an improved AWB who has elite tackling/1v1.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Anyone else before this past week?

Clubs like Real, Barcelona, etc, have been putting buy-back clauses into departing talent for more than a decade at least. I'd hate to think that Iqbal is the only example on record.
Not that I remember. We had a sell-on clause for Zaha (we practically gave him back to Palace). So this is likely a new way of doing things, which is quite healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.