Ethan Laird signed new contract - Till 2023 + 1 year

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Great news, he's quality little player.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Cool. I've not heard of Paul Woolston but I've liked what little I've seen and heard about Laird.

ROFLUTION

The feck is Paul?
He's actually Luke Shaw's younger brother. Used to be named Paul Shaw, but twas a very boring name competing with Shaw's brand, and didn't like to be in his brother's shadow so changed it to Woolston. Nah this is mostly all lies.

Aarron Swift

Great News, hopefully he can build on the 2 appearances hes made in the first this season, featuring slightly more next season pushing possible 8-10 apps all comps.

Hard to nail down exactly where Ole sees Dalot palying but would everyone agree, hes our 2nd choice RB, with Laird coming in as a 3rd choice cover? or Dalot not a RB at all meaning Laird could gain experience as our 2nd choice RB next season?

Hes only 18, so no need to rush him or over play him next season

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Great news, Laird is a talent of the very highest tier. If he stays injury free, I can only expect he will replace whoever our first choice right back is within a couple of years. He’s Greenwood level talent.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It’s looking like we should sell this summer. He’s class but he’s got fitness issues and due to that is progressing slowly. If a PL team would take a punt on him I’d sell cheap and put a low buyback option. He’s definitely got PL potential as I always said.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
It’s looking like we should sell this summer. He’s class but he’s got fitness issues and due to that is progressing slowly. If a PL team would take a punt on him I’d sell cheap and put a low buyback option. He’s definitely got PL potential as I always said.
If and as he’s got PL potential and he’s developing slowly, a new contract still on low wages and another loan could be just as good and a perhaps even a cheaper option than sale for a low fee and a buyback option later?

Judas

Open to offers
It's a shame that I don't think he'll make it here, one of those I had high hopes for, but that crucial stage in young players careers just hasn't really gone to plan. More so his body letting him down. Maybe he can get over his fitness issues and do alright, I'd like to believe.

Borninthe80ts

Definitely a talent that I had high hopes for but as others have said it looks like his body has failed him at a crucial stage of his development. I’m still hopeful that with the extension he seizes the chance he might get in pre season to show what he is capable of.

In pre season last year he was a little like Amad for me in that he was timid and while showing signs didn’t really make a statement. He could find a place in the squad as he plays on both sides and is attacking which is what folks have been seeking in a new recruit.

At one stage he was the best prospect for his age in England and captained the youth team on occasion so there’s a leader there too plus his a local boy so that would add to the legacy. With others leaving hopefully there will be squad places available an I hope he snatches one.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Gandalf

Agree. I think we just triggered the year to ensure we get a fee for him as we have did last year with Levitt. If we were looking to keep him we would have negotiated a longer extension before sending him back out on loan. Good chance we have already had enquiries from clubs and think a deal is there to be made.