Ethan Laird | Bournemouth loan watch

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
All of them got way more game time than they would have got at United, Kovar not sure what happened he started off extremely well then a massive drop off. I suppose it happens with young players. Lairds loan was very positive as was Garners 2nd loan, Pellistri also got lots of game time. Terrible loans are when players move and they’re not used and might as well have stayed and developed in the under 23’s I’m pretty certain they all were helped by their experience and growth at other clubs. Are you agreeing with the other posters that we do terrible loans? As I don’t agree.
Getting more games then they’d get in our first team isn’t the qualifier of a good loan.

Kovar was sent to a hostile club who sacked their manager and saw him receive a torrid of abuse from their fans. So bad that he turned into a shell of a player with no confidence. It was a terrible loan choice.

You’ve named 2 good loans to the 10 poor ones I listed. So how don’t we do terrible loans?

Pellistri averaged less than 45 mins a game. Their manager was also sacked and the new one came in and gave him 1 start in 9 matches. How is that lots of game time? They were also so shit he managed to attempt 3 passes in over 60 minutes one match.

Terrible loans are when players aren’t played like, Levitt, Joel, Andreas, Chong etc. Terrible loan moves are when players are played out of position like Garner at Watford, or Axel under Bruce. Terrible loan moves are to hostile clubs who sack their manager within months of the loan, like Garner at Watford, TFM etc.

Am I agreeing we do terrible loans? Yes of course as there is an unending list of our terrible loan choices.

Agree or don’t, it doesn’t matter. You’ve given 2 good loans to over 10 poorly chosen ones. Willfully ignore the facts all you want.

georgipep

Getting more games then they’d get in our first team isn’t the qualifier of a good loan.

Kovar was sent to a hostile club who sacked their manager and saw him receive a torrid of abuse from their fans. So bad that he turned into a shell of a player with no confidence. It was a terrible loan choice.

You’ve named 2 good loans to the 10 poor ones I listed. So how don’t we do terrible loans?

Pellistri averaged less than 45 mins a game. Their manager was also sacked and the new one came in and gave him 1 start in 9 matches. How is that lots of game time? They were also so shit he managed to attempt 3 passes in over 60 minutes one match.

Terrible loans are when players aren’t played like, Levitt, Joel, Andreas, Chong etc. Terrible loan moves are when players are played out of position like Garner at Watford, or Axel under Bruce. Terrible loan moves are to hostile clubs who sack their manager within months of the loan, like Garner at Watford, TFM etc.

Am I agreeing we do terrible loans? Yes of course as there is an unending list of our terrible loan choices.

Agree or don’t, it doesn’t matter. You’ve given 2 good loans to over 10 poorly chosen ones. Willfully ignore the facts all you want.
I agree in general that we do bad loans more often than not.

But, Pellistri played less than 45 minutes of men's football is a definite upgrade on playing 90 minutes of U23 football.
Andreas did play and him playing even 10 minutes is better than not playing for us.
Garner did not play well at Watford and that was a fantastic learning experience for him. He will not play well every day for the remainder of his career. I am, in general, very happy with academy products getting minutes in men's football, regardless of the quality of the club, their performance and/or development of their value. In my eyes, loans like Garner's are for experience and adaptation, not winning or increasing value.

Robertd0803

Januzaj should never have been sent on loan to Dortmund. He wasn't going to get games here under Van Gaal, but that was a terrible club for him to go to as they were stacked in his position. He needed to go somewhere he could play regularly at a good level.
Totally. Killed his career dead pretty much and wasnt there rumours of attitude problems then as well?

He would have been better off playing in England.

I seem to remember Fergie was so unhappy with the way Newcastle handled Giuseppe Rossi that he wouldnt allow any further loans to Newcastle afterwards.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I agree in general that we do bad loans more often than not.

But, Pellistri played less than 45 minutes of men's football is a definite upgrade on playing 90 minutes of U23 football.
Andreas did play and him playing even 10 minutes is better than not playing for us.
Garner did not play well at Watford and that was a fantastic learning experience for him. He will not play well every day for the remainder of his career. I am, in general, very happy with academy products getting minutes in men's football, regardless of the quality of the club, their performance and/or development of their value. In my eyes, loans like Garner's are for experience and adaptation, not winning or increasing value.
Read my first sentence again. Playing 10 more minutes than they would in our first team isn’t the qualifier of a well chosen loan. It’s not an either or situation, they aren’t the only options. That’s a stupid argument.

Pellistri being loaned to a manager who has given him 1 start in 10 is also a definite downgrade on a manager who would actually play him. Playing for a team where you make 3 passes in over 60 minutes is a definite downgrade on actually playing football. If your argument is the only two options are u23s or only playing half the time for a shit team then that tells you enough that our loan choices are shit.

Andreas played 800 minutes all season, so no he didn’t play. Again, the options aren’t never playing for us or a paltry amount on loan. We could also try getting actual good loans for our players.

Garner did not even play in his actual position at Watford. Experience of playing out of position, playing terrible football, having the manager sacked and being benched by the new manager who doesn’t want you isn’t good experience and the complete opposite of what we should be looking for in a loan. It was yet another terrible decision. An actual good loan experience is firstly playing in the correct position, a style of football which suits the player, a stable environment with a manager who actually wants the player. Or in other words, the complete opposite of Watford. Which was obvious from the start as they sack their managers multiple times a season and had multiple full internationals in Garner’s actual position.

Drainy

Levitt
Chong
Garner’s Watford stint, played in a more advanced role
Dalot’s loan I would consider terrible as well
the first 3 listed were recalled and had a further better loan arranged. Garner's was fine until a new manager came in, Dalot's was fine as well.

CM10

Nice to see he's off to a good start again. He looks a confident lad and a good character.

If the Trippier deal doesn't go through, which it probably won't now, the positive is it leaves a spot open for Laird to compete for next season.

jeepers

Huh? Dalot had a very good year at Milan.
Yeah I’m nitpicking because I wanted him to get more minutes in the league. His loan was good because he also got to play in the Europa and of course, some Italian defensive coaching.

Hughie77

Having watched 2 out of 4 games Swansea have played both in the league, the boys got his work cut out there, Swans In a mess no investment, academy lads coming in. There keeper is awful, long season for swans , be lucky to stay up. There still players to be sold as well there. Bidwell, may go, Grimes, Conner Robert's also. Shambles.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Starts for Swansea against Bristol City. Game is on Sky Sports for anyone who wants to watch.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
He’s making his debut right now on Sky Sports Football.

edit: thanks Solius. Bristol inhabitants stick together.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Just had a lovely marauding run forward

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Winning lots of free kicks, a real threat going forward. Clear what he brings. Haven't seen enough of him defensively to comment on that side of his game.

CM10

You can see he's got something about him on the ball. He did a nice body feint to throw the Bristol man a minute ago

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Must be doing something right to not get booked in a game where the ref must have told everybody he knows to get on the overs for cards.

Brightonian

To be honest in the second half not much of the game was near him, attacking or defending. Did his job when required though, looks bright.

Bwuk

Every time I see him play he does well.
Likewise. Not going to claim to have seen loads of him, but I think he’ll make it as long as we don’t sign someone like Trippier.

I remember a old Stephen Howson video where he said Laird himself was confident he’d be able to put AWB out the team.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Played in a back 5 and seemed to be pushed way up the field, which suits his game. Only saw him in defence once and he fell over :lol:

Deery

Dreary
Watched that match he seemed a real bright spark, could be vital in Swansea gaining promotion.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He is quality I think. Really, really promising. I would not be surprised if he gets into the Championship team of the season.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He is quality I think. Really, really promising. I would not be surprised if he gets into the Championship team of the season.
Long way to go yet :lol:

But certainly a very good start and will be a definite if he keeps that level up all season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Swansea are going to be right up there, aren’t they? Would be nice to see another one of our loanees get promotion with a champ side like Axel did

Gandalf

Swansea are going to be right up there, aren’t they? Would be nice to see another one of our loanees get promotion with a champ side like Axel did
Not sure about that. They have financial issues and Cooper quit because they basically had no transfer budget and may sell a couple of players before the window closes. One of the reasons Laird was needed is that Connor Roberts was attracting interest from the PL although it is a bit up in the air due to his groin injury from the Euros.

Martin is probably going to have to work miracles on a shoestring budget to get them in the playoffs again.

OleGunnar20

Looks really promising. On the face of it Swansea would seem a really good loan choice, but I have to wonder what the plan is once Roberts is fit again?

AJ VII

Big season for Laird this year. If he can keep his fitness up he will get alot of experience this season under Martin, and most likely play in the PL next year for a lower half team.

I think he will get his chance at United the 23/24 season unless we need him next year. When he develops his defensive game to match his attacking game, AWB will need to work hard to keep his place.

Laird is a joy to watch on the ball, we just need him to stay fit and our RB position is covered for the next 10-15 years.

slyadams

Not sure about that. They have financial issues and Cooper quit because they basically had no transfer budget and may sell a couple of players before the window closes. One of the reasons Laird was needed is that Connor Roberts was attracting interest from the PL although it is a bit up in the air due to his groin injury from the Euros.

Martin is probably going to have to work miracles on a shoestring budget to get them in the playoffs again.
Russell Martin is a fecking snake.

slyadams

Big season for Laird this year. If he can keep his fitness up he will get alot of experience this season under Martin, and most likely play in the PL next year for a lower half team.

I think he will get his chance at United the 23/24 season unless we need him next year. When he develops his defensive game to match his attacking game, AWB will need to work hard to keep his place.

Laird is a joy to watch on the ball, we just need him to stay fit and our RB position is covered for the next 10-15 years.
He's great on the ball, was suspect defensively last year.

jeepers

Russell Martin is a fecking snake.
What do you mean by this? I noticed this is the second time you’ve posted this, once here and once in the transfer thread. I don’t follow Russell Martin or lower league football.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
What do you mean by this? I noticed this is the second time you’ve posted this, once here and once in the transfer thread. I don’t follow Russell Martin or lower league football.
He supports MK Dons I’m 99% sure. He was keeping us filled in on all things Laird last season. Not sure what happened between Martin and the club/fans but he moved on to Swansea?