ericPSG

Supports
PSG
Whatever the guy said, Etoo is in the wrong here
Qatar is supposed to be severe even for a minor infraction
Let’s see if he’ll have more than a fine

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
interesting to see those backing etoo in this. i’d imagine their tune would change if that man was actually a school girl, and instead of a camera, it was a wheelchair.
100% agree - Lady Hussey didn't die for our sins just for Eto'o to kick this guy in Qatar.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Very good. You've been on top form of late and perfectly timed for the CAF annual award nominations (not saying that's a coincidence because it's not).
He sleeps 9 months if the year, storing up jokes* for the winter.

*And heroin.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Very good. You've been on top form of late and perfectly timed for the CAF annual award nominations (not saying that's a coincidence because it's not).
yeah that lifetime achievement award is in the bag.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
What weird response here in defence of Etoo.

Celebrities are already above the law in so many ways and now they have the right to physically assault people?

If the camera guy was being instigating with words you are an adult. Handle it without getting violent.

Giggsforever

What weird response here in defence of Etoo.

Celebrities are already above the law in so many ways and now they have the right to physically assault people?

If the camera guy was being instigating with words you are an adult. Handle it without getting violent.
Agree, I can't believe you get support for kicking someone at all, let alone a guy taking a knee and not looking.

I'm actually done with this place.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
The guy with the camera is an algerian youtuber. He was harassing Eto'o because algerians are still upset about that WC qualifier they lost to Cameroon with very suspect refereeing. They need to get over it, history isnt going to be rewritten.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not very smart by Eto'o doing it in front of all those people and cameras.

I have no doubt the camera guy probably said something to upset/rile him up, but a man in his position should not be reacting like that.

You can't really call it a reaction anyway, that was a calculated attack. He's lucky he didn't do any serious damage with the guy already on the floor and defenceless.

I doubt Qatar will do anything about it anyway.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
interesting to see those backing etoo in this. i’d imagine their tune would change if that man was actually a school girl, and instead of a camera, it was a wheelchair.
Not surprising.

Just like people defending Ronaldo after he broke a kid's cellphone.

Great player = "he was provoked, you don't get it"

If an average player like Maguire was doing the same to a guy who insulted his mother/family, many would be shitting on Maguire for beating someone.

Todd

Absolutely mental that people are defending Eto'o in this.

I'm sure it can be very annoying to be filmed like that, but he's in public. There is no expectation of privacy when you're in public spaces. Eto'o was visibly angry, the guy filming kept backing up, the two were separated, it was over at that point, the situation was de-escalated. Just move on with your day. But no, Eto'o has to go and attack him. He is totally in the wrong in this.

Hopefully the guy with the camera sues him or something.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Saw this first in reddit where the top comments were shocked by the excessive force. Interesting that the reaction here is quite different.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Agree, I can't believe you get support for kicking someone at all, let alone a guy taking a knee and not looking.

I'm actually done with this place.
Physical violence is a huge step up. There's a reason it is a legal offence carrying a larger penalty. Eto is lucky he is in Qatar where they wouldn't dare charge a person in a position of power.