Euro 2016 pots (draw on December 12th)

JosDeVos

Supports
Neutral.
Aye, in paper, Belgium should go far, but I'm probably in the minority who's been more disappointed then not, when watching them. Like their coach is way too conservative or something.

Off the top of my head, fullback is the only position they're light in (to my knowledge at least) - and even then someone like Vertonghen can step in.

CF: Lukaku, Benteke
AM/WF: Hazard, de Bruyne, Mertens, Chadli, Mirallas
CM/DM: Witsel, Defour, Naingollan, Fellaini, Dembele
DF: Kompany, Vertonghen, Aldeweireld, Vermaelen
GK: Courtois, Mignolet

That's without Januzaj & a couple others. Very good team/squad that. Appoint SAF at the Euros & they'll be champions :drool:
Don't worry, you can freely call Wilmots useless as that's probably the majority opinion in Belgium as well.

You're missing 2 players who I believe should/will be starters by the time the tournament starts: Batshuayi and Carrasco.
A front 4 of Batshuayi, Hazard (if actually in form again by then, if not Mertens/Mirallas/Chadli), De Bruyne and Carrasco should be able to cause problems to almost any defense and that leaves Lukaku and Benteke to come on late and make optimal use of their physical presence to bully a tiring defense/abuse extra space to run into.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Don't worry, you can freely call Wilmots useless as that's probably the majority opinion in Belgium as well.

You're missing 2 players who I believe should/will be starters by the time the tournament starts: Batshuayi and Carrasco.
A front 4 of Batshuayi, Hazard (if actually in form again by then, if not Mertens/Mirallas/Chadli), De Bruyne and Carrasco should be able to cause problems to almost any defense and that leaves Lukaku and Benteke to come on late and make optimal use of their physical presence to bully a tiring defense/abuse extra space to run into.
Yeah man, about Wilmots I agree, but just don't know enough about him to call him useless. Besides, i don't like offending people ;)

Not heard or seen anything of Batshuayi. Will Youtube him sometime. Carrasco seen a very limited number of times. So interesting. A midfield duo/trio of Witsel, Naingollan and Dembele looks very solid as well tbf.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
@JosDeVos
Carrasco sure does love his roulette! :lol:

Obviously Youtube videos doesn't tell much of any player :lol: but Lukaku/Benteke seem a bit more developed than Batshauyi. But yeah, thats based on a clip, so nothing much more.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Any idea how easy it'll be for me to get tickets in the final draw? I've got one second round game in Lille at the moment.
Honestly, I have no idea. I participated in the first draw, and it seemed like a huge Russian roulette: some of my friends that had requested 20 games and whose demands came up to 7000€ didn't get anything, a lot of people asked for tickets that amounted to 1500-2000€ and didn't get anything (quite a few cases of this scenario), one of my friends got 7 out of his 9 requests, I got 2 games out of 6 requests I think, I really don't think there was any logic to it... and there were more seats in that draw than there will be in December! So it's going to be difficult. Are you going to try to get tickets for a specific team?

Keep in mind that a lot of tickets are going to be re-sold afterwards I think, loads have been attributed without the games being identified so there'll probably be opportunities to get some either on the 'black market', either on the official platform UEFA will set up for exchanges and sales.
Maybe not in general but with the amount of people going there at the same time it will be more difficult to travel by train or flight or to find a place to sleep.
Yeah good point. As I said, I'm preparing a topic with some handy advice that I'll post in December, but overall, I think it's important to keep in mind you'll have to plan quite a bit in advance, whatever your plans are.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

How good are Austria? Heard good things about them..
I would say we have a solid Group of Players with Alaba being of course the big star. However, he did not impress as much in national Team as he did for Bayern. This might be due to the fact that he is more or less the playmaker. His strength are his power and pace but he is not the most creative Player. Still technically great of course.

Our opponents have been quite weak tbh. Sweden did not impress and Russia have been disappointing.
However making 28 Points out of 30 is second only to England so this is already a fantastic achievement.

From what I see there is not such a dominating Team like Spain or Germany have been in the past years. Of course they are still favorites but they do not seem to be unbeatable.

In fact I hope that we will meet Germany in the KO Phase. The Chance to beat them has never been as good as today and we have to talk about Cordoba for another 38 years :)

Maxii

Paad
Anyone here travelling over? Going over myself but we don't know whether to hold off until the draw to book anything, or just base ourselves in the centre of France and travel to each match as we need to. It'll be my first tournament so not sure how it usually works.

Blackwidow

In fact I hope that we will meet Germany in the KO Phase. The Chance to beat them has never been as good as today and we have to talk about Cordoba for another 38 years :)
I want your drugs...

You can go on winning the ski jumping and alpine skiing, and now that Neureuther sometimes wears a United shirt Hirscher can go on winning the slalom competitions, but it is in the summer on green grass and without any hills...

And you still have Fuchs as your left fullback... ;)

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I want your drugs...

You can go on winning the ski jumping and alpine skiing, and now that Neureuther sometimes wears a United shirt Hirscher can go on winning the slalom competitions, but it is in the summer on green grass and without any hills...

And you still have Fuchs as your left fullback... ;)
Thanks for reminding me why it is more important for us to eliminate Germany than win the whole Thing :)

And: Beware of the Fox

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Whoever gets Italy will be in the group of death.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Anyone here travelling over? Going over myself but we don't know whether to hold off until the draw to book anything, or just base ourselves in the centre of France and travel to each match as we need to. It'll be my first tournament so not sure how it usually works.
It depends whether or not you mind travelling. Booking now before the draw might mean you're ahead of most people, so more accommodation available, and maybe a bit cheaper. But then depending on how much you'd travel, the economy made might not be that interesting. Also, it would be hard to find something totally central, maybe Paris would be a good idea as there is a lot of travel options from here, but from a practical point of view, it may be difficult to go to certain host cities and come back in the same day, depending on the time of the day at which the game is played. For example, if you're based in Paris and you want to go see a game in Nice which is played at 9pm, not sure you'd be able to travel back on the same day.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Honestly, I have no idea. I participated in the first draw, and it seemed like a huge Russian roulette: some of my friends that had requested 20 games and whose demands came up to 7000€ didn't get anything, a lot of people asked for tickets that amounted to 1500-2000€ and didn't get anything (quite a few cases of this scenario), one of my friends got 7 out of his 9 requests, I got 2 games out of 6 requests I think, I really don't think there was any logic to it... and there were more seats in that draw than there will be in December! So it's going to be difficult. Are you going to try to get tickets for a specific team?

Keep in mind that a lot of tickets are going to be re-sold afterwards I think, loads have been attributed without the games being identified so there'll probably be opportunities to get some either on the 'black market', either on the official platform UEFA will set up for exchanges and sales.
Appreciate the answer mate. Yeah, I did pretty well out of it, tried for two sets of four tickets to second round games and got one of them. Now just want to plan the trip around that. England tickets will obviously be ridiculously difficult to come across in the draw, so I might apply for all sorts and then go to a few random games and get a good holiday out of it. Thinking as well that with a car and some camping gear, it could be a relatively cheap holiday.

Probably wouldn't go for any second hand tickets away from the official UEFA site though. Or at least, not unless we're near a stadium at most a day or two before a game.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Appreciate the answer mate. Yeah, I did pretty well out of it, tried for two sets of four tickets to second round games and got one of them. Now just want to plan the trip around that. England tickets will obviously be ridiculously difficult to come across in the draw, so I might apply for all sorts and then go to a few random games and get a good holiday out of it. Thinking as well that with a car and some camping gear, it could be a relatively cheap holiday.

Probably wouldn't go for any second hand tickets away from the official UEFA site though. Or at least, not unless we're near a stadium at most a day or two before a game.
I'd recommend the car and camping approach, hotels are probably going to be a tad prohibitive. Could be good fun too, and you'd get to see loads of France.

What's the date of the game in Lille you got?

kidbob

France please, be nice to feck them over and even sweeter to watch Henry's tears when Big Jon Walters completes his hat trick.

ThierryHenry

I'd recommend the car and camping approach, hotels are probably going to be a tad prohibitive. Could be good fun too, and you'd get to see loads of France.

What's the date of the game in Lille you got?
Sunday 28th (second round game). Although ridiculously, I'm an usher at a wedding on that Saturday, so might have to ditch my friends for a day if we're in France before then. Hoping that we can sort two or three group games on top of what we have, I really don't care who they're between, just as long as they're in Northern-ish France to cut down on travel.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Sunday 28th (second round game). Although ridiculously, I'm an usher at a wedding on that Saturday, so might have to ditch my friends for a day if we're in France before then. Hoping that we can sort two or three group games on top of what we have, I really don't care who they're between, just as long as they're in Northern-ish France to cut down on travel.
That's Sunday 26th, acutally, right? Some of my friends are going to that one.

I'd recommend maybe trying to get tickets to a game in Lyon, the new stadium should be cool and it's not too far south. Obviously, Parc des Princes in Paris would be good as well.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Thanks for reminding me why it is more important for us to eliminate Germany than win the whole Thing :)
:lol:

I hope Austra can go far in this Euro, Alaba, Astronautovic, Junuzovic - I love their team.

ThierryHenry

That's Sunday 26th, acutally, right? Some of my friends are going to that one.

I'd recommend maybe trying to get tickets to a game in Lyon, the new stadium should be cool and it's not too far south. Obviously, Parc des Princes in Paris would be good as well.
Correct, got my dates wrong. And cool, both sound great. Will let you know how my ticket hunt goes!

Which games are you going to?

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Correct, got my dates wrong. And cool, both sound great. Will let you know how my ticket hunt goes!

Which games are you going to?
3 group games and then a couple of other ones:
- Saturday 11th, Marseille
- Wednesday 15th, Parc des Princes
- Saturday 18th, Bordeaux
- Saturday 2nd July, Bordeaux (QF)
- Wednesday 6th July, Lyon (SF)

ThierryHenry

3 group games and then a couple of other ones:
- Saturday 11th, Marseille
- Wednesday 15th, Parc des Princes
- Saturday 18th, Bordeaux
- Saturday 2nd July, Bordeaux (QF)
- Wednesday 6th July, Lyon (SF)
Woof, that looks great. That Jack Wilshere winner v France in Lyon will be painful though...

Maxii

Paad
It depends whether or not you mind travelling. Booking now before the draw might mean you're ahead of most people, so more accommodation available, and maybe a bit cheaper. But then depending on how much you'd travel, the economy made might not be that interesting. Also, it would be hard to find something totally central, maybe Paris would be a good idea as there is a lot of travel options from here, but from a practical point of view, it may be difficult to go to certain host cities and come back in the same day, depending on the time of the day at which the game is played. For example, if you're based in Paris and you want to go see a game in Nice which is played at 9pm, not sure you'd be able to travel back on the same day.
Yeah I think it's best if we just hold off until the draw and buy a package with someone. Few places advertising travel and accommodation between the 3 group games for ~€1000 which is pretty decent I think. And then whatever the tickets cost after that.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Yeah I think it's best if we just hold off until the draw and buy a package with someone. Few places advertising travel and accommodation between the 3 group games for ~€1000 which is pretty decent I think. And then whatever the tickets cost after that.
If you want a hand with organizing the trip, an opinion on whether it's expensive or not and you could find something else, etc. don't hesitate to send me a PM, happy to help if I can!
It would be absolutely immense if I went to see France/England with my French supporting bastard friends and England ended up winning.

Maxii

Paad
If you want a hand with organizing the trip, an opinion on whether it's expensive or not and you could find something else, etc. don't hesitate to send me a PM, happy to help if I can!
Will do mate, cheers for the help :)

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Really looking forward to this, I have tickets to 4 or 5 games and I'm curious about what teams I'm going to see! It's at 6pm Paris time.

Sam

The explanation for how the draw works made my head hurt.

ctp

Germany play their group games in Lille and Paris x2, excellent. Hope I can get my hands on tickets.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Slovakia and Wales are good draws. Potential for good games but both beatable.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
England
Wales
Slovakia
Russia

That's a good group tbf, should win it.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
The most boring group stage ever.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Feck me, Italy.. We should top our group though.