Euro 2020 (2021?) predictions.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The tournament kicks off in less than two weeks, so let's get some predictions.

A boring answer, but I'm going for a France win. How can you look past that squad? Although I think England should at least get to the Semis. Be pretty embarrassing for them if they don't when you consider the talent they have.

Probably go for Lukaku as a top goalscorer. I would pick Benzema but France are in a tough group.

In terms of dark horses, Turkey seems to be the hipster choice. Was reading a little about them and apparently, the games they play in are entertaining. Plenty of goals, but they do concede a few as well. I'm going for Holland though.

Flop of the tournament I'm going for Spain. I think they'll get out of the group, but that's it.

What's yours? Throw in any other categories you like.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Portugal for the win.

edit: the route - beating England, after finishing 2nd in Group F, then knocking out Spain, then knocking out Germany, and beating France in the final with a Cristiano Ronaldo header.

Last edited:

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Groups and bracket:

Some scary groups, but with the 4 best 3rd place finishers advancing, it's pretty much impossible for any of the big guns to drop out in the group stage. Groups A and F are still quite tricky though.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Groups and bracket:

Some scary groups, but with the 4 best 3rd place finishers advancing, it's pretty much impossible for any of the big guns to drop out in the group stage. Groups A and F are still quite tricky though.
What did poor Hungary do to deserve that group? :(

Jaxa

I think Portugal will do it,

Really excited for these Euro's especially because Scotland are finally in it :D

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
France winners

Italy runners up

England SF

Scotland and Wales, group stage exits

Surprise of the tournament- Ukraine (QF).

Scholes the maestro

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I am guessing something unusual like Belgium for the win and France out of the group stage.

OleBoiii

Groups and bracket:

One poor nation is gonna win their group and be "rewarded" with playing France, Portugal or Germany in the next round :lol: So brutal! It's hilarious if that poor nation ends up being England.

Normandy

Supports
Montreal Impact
England would have a very good chance of winning it despite their possible frailties at the back if they had a decent manager. That midfield you have is stacked. Southgate's tactical naivety will cost you at some point, most likely.

As it stands I think France will hold onto their title & I think Portugal and the Dutch will be their biggest threats.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
England would have a very good chance of winning it despite their possible frailties at the back if they had a decent manager. That midfield you have is stacked. Southgate's tactical naivety will cost you at some point, most likely.

As it stands I think France will hold onto their title & I think Portugal and the Dutch will be their biggest threats.
It's not France's title though, but I hope you're right. The thing is, anytime France is seen as overwhelming favorite, they tend to fall on their face. But I think Benzema's arrival has really added a new dimension to the team and I just can't wait to see it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Portugal will keep it. Though the fact that I believe it is a terrible news for them.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If Southgate is brave, England has chances as good as that of France. But if he is looking for a defensive, counter attacking game in big games, then France ,Germany or Portugal would be my pick.

Normandy

Supports
Montreal Impact
It's not France's title though, but I hope you're right. The thing is, anytime France is seen as overwhelming favorite, they tend to fall on their face. But I think Benzema's arrival has really added a new dimension to the team and I just can't wait to see it.
Ah yes I got the Euros and World Cup mixed up there.

Portugal to storm the tournament. Ronaldo in his potential last ever tournament, strength in full back and attacking options is unbelievable. Bruno and Dias and all the Sporting lads coming off incredible seasons.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Always the optimist, i say Germany. :D
I think we can pretty much field a full eleven of the last two years' champions league winners and finalists, so we got that going for us!

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Poland makes the quarter-finals on Lewandowski goals and solid goalkeeping.

Edit: Think I'll go with Belgium for the win for a more interesting pick

Last edited:

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
I like groups of death, at least it will be entertaining.
I know why but it's still funny as the current Euro and Nations League holders we couldn't get more than pot 3 :D

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Groups and bracket:

Group A:
Turkey
Italy

Group B:
Belgium
Denmark

Group C:
Netherlands
Ukraine

Group D:
England
Croatia

Group E:
Poland
Spain

Group F:
France
Portugal

tylerd

Portugal - England in the final. Seleção win on penalties.

IncyWincySpider

I think we'll (England) qualify third in our group and get beaten by Belgium in the knockouts.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
People writing England are going to win this :lol:

There will be a final consisting of group F teams.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Wales are the weakest side on balance in Group A, but I think anyone can finish anywhere in that. Switzerland and Turkey aren't powerhouses and Italy aren't a patch on what they used to be (and Rob Earnshaw could beat them then :wenger:).

What is a fecking ballache is that Italy is an away game, and the other two games are in fecking Baku (which against Turkey is basically another away game on top of being halfway to China). Whereas England get three fecking home games and Scotland get two.

If not for the venues, I'd be pretty confident in at least being one of the best third place teams.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Did the UEFA predictor plus the world football site where you guess the scores. Guessing (1st, 2nd):

Group A - Italy, Turkey
Group B - Belgium, Denmark
Group C - Netherlands, Ukraine
Group D - England, Croatia
Group E - Spain, Poland
Group F - France, Portugal

Best placed 3rd places:
Wales, Austria, Sweden, Germany

Ro16:
Belgium - Sweden
Italy - Ukraine
France - Wales
Croatia - Poland
Spain - Austria
England - Portugal
Netherlands - Germany
Turkey
- Denmark

QF:
Belgium - Italy
France - Croatia
Spain - Portugal
Germany
- Turkey

SF:
Belgium - France
Portugal - Germany

Final:
Belgium - Portugal

Tbh England get fecked over as if they finish 1st, they play 2nd out of France/Portugal/Germany (of which id rank them in front of Germany but behind the other 2), and if they finish 2nd they play Poland first and then 1st place out if France or Portugal or Germany in the Quarter Final. If 3rd place in the group of death gets enough points to make it, they'll have the easiest run compared to 1st or 2nd.

A few things though - I don't think Portugal will win back to back Euros. I feel like France will bottle it being the overwhelming favourites. Belgium can't rely on purely De Bruyne and Lukaku like they'll probably need to to end up winning it. Portugals squad balance and game changers is easily my favorite there, and it's definitely between them and France as top 2 favourites. But how often do one of the favourites disappoint? England are probably 3rd for me in squad build up, but they'll have to beat France or Portugal really early and I fear it'll be too early in the competition for them in that game.

Last edited:

dove

Probably France. No chance for England. Good squad, mediocre manager. Will most likely struggle to get out of the groups.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
France is easily the best on paper though Portugal is impressive too. England always looks lime a strong squad, but in the end, they're England. Belgium had their chance and wasted it. The Dutch are largely irrelevant since Frank de Boer carefully destroyed everything Cowman had build up in the span of 6 months.

No idea where people get the idea that Turkey is an outsider to win it. They're cack.

Aidan Azar

Supports
Chelsea
I think on paper England have the 3rd/4th best team in the tournament but due to the tough draw (And Southgate) we'll probably end up going out in the first knockout round.

France to win it.

Orestetes

Poland makes the quarter-finals on Lewandowski goals and solid goalkeeping.

Edit: Think I'll go with Belgium for the win for a more interesting pick
I can't see Belgium winning it. Hazard is nowhere near the player he was at the last world cup, Witsel and De Bruyne possibly injured for the first part of the tournament, and Kompany retired. They have definitely regressed since their semi final in Russia.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I predict that I'll be cursing Southgate a lot for not starting Grealish.

Gythio

Belgium won't get out of the group. England - France in the final, England win by a small margin.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I think the winner will be in group F but not necessarily France. Waiting to see how Benzema integrates alongside Griezmann and Mbappé. If it doesn't work, and Germany clicks they could win it.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I think Portugal have a really good chance to win it. Very talented squad. Although they’d have to get out of there group first.

RedDevilRoshi

Going for a Belgium win with Lukaku to win the golden boot. Think this is the year everything finally clicks for them on the big stage.

France & Portugal of course will be strong contenders and will go extremely close. Germany as well. If it wasn’t for this 4 best 3rd place teams lifeline, I couldn’t see them qualifying from a group that already contains both France & Portugal.

I’m going for a shock surprise group stage exit for not one but two of the so called “big boys” in the group stages with Italy & Croatia being my selections.

England, Scotland & Wales last 16 exits.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/euro-2020-wallchart-predictor/

Group A -Italy, Switzerland, Wales
Group B - Belgium, Denmark, Russia
Group C-Holland, Austria, Ukraine
Group D-England, Croatia, Czech
Group E-Spain, Poland, Sweden
Group F- France, Portugal, Germany

4 best 3rd placed teams - Sweden, Germany, Ukraine, Czech

Round of 16:
Italy vs Austria