Euro 2020 (2021?) predictions.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
England won't get out of the group.

France, Portugal favourites for me. Ouch group F.

Really looking forward to some proper international football, too long. This and the Copa should be some great football.

Classical Mechanic

France or Portugal. Boring prediction and I could be accused of recen bias but they both have fantastic XIs and have recent tournament success.

Can‘t see England doing it. The draw is very hard once we get out of the group. I’d count getting of the group and beating a major nation in the knockouts as a success.

FatTails

The 2/3 who qualify from Group F are favourites to win the whole thing.

Dante

Average bang
People writing England are going to win this :lol:

There will be a final consisting of group F teams.
Not people. Person. One person. And they even ended their post with an exclamation point to show they were half joking.

Siezard

Spain going to win it I reckon.

Spain Euro 2021 squad
Goalkeepers:
Unai Simon (Athletic Bilbao), David de Gea (Manchester United), Robert Sanchez (Brighton)

Defenders: Pau Torres (Villarreal), Eric Garcia (Manchester City), Aymeric Laporte (Manchester City), Diego Llorente (Leeds), Jordi Alba (Barcelona), Jose Luis Gaya (Valencia), Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Marcos Llorente (Atletico Madrid)

Midfielders: Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Rodrigo (Manchester City), Thiago Alcantara (Liverpool), Pedri (Barcelona), Koke (Atletico Madrid), Fabian Ruiz (Napoli)

Forwards: Gerard Moreno (Villarreal), Ferran Torres (Manchester City), Adam Traore (Wolverhampton), Alvaro Morata (Juventus), Dani Olmo (RB Leipzig), Mikel Oyarzabal (Real Sociedad), Pablo Sarabia (Paris St Germain)

Dutchjerry

Sweden to win it.

Ibra is back. Strong defence. Could be a real possibility.
Ibra is not going... I think France will win. Germany as an outsider. What am I missing with the Portugal, a lot predict them to win, but I don't see it.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
It's not France's title though, but I hope you're right. The thing is, anytime France is seen as overwhelming favorite, they tend to fall on their face.
France literally won Euro 84 and 2000 when they were the 1st favorites to win it.

People should stop making bigger the 2002 WC group stage elimination for nothing.

Tapori

Groups and bracket:

Some scary groups, but with the 4 best 3rd place finishers advancing, it's pretty much impossible for any of the big guns to drop out in the group stage. Groups A and F are still quite tricky though.
Runner of Group D looks better

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I think England will get beaten in the final by France. England will then go on to win the World Cup in Qatar.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Ibra is not going... I think France will win. Germany as an outsider. What am I missing with the Portugal, a lot predict them to win, but I don't see it.
Probably because of Ronaldo and Bruno. Although Bruno hasn’t been especially good in any big game for United that I can remember and Ronaldo is not nearly as good as he was a few years ago.

Aside from the United connection I can’t think of any other reason, overall their squad is probably weaker than ours in my opinion. I mean it’s really only our center midfield that is weak.

France probably in the strongest position to win it. Kante makes Pogba good and they brought back Benzema.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Runner of Group D looks better
It's just one instance though, England would be getting either France,Germany, or Portugal in the QF anyways...unless one of those three underperform extremely bad that they get knocked out by Austria, Switzerland,Wales,Turkey,Finland,Russia, or Ukraine (3rd place group A/B/C face the winner of Group F).

I don't see this happening,

ForeverRed1

If we had a better manager we would actually stand a chance, best squad we have had in a while.

france, Portugal, Belgium, England, Germany could all have big tournaments.

croatia, Netherlands dark horses. Can dijk is a big loss for Holland.

Acole9

Outstanding
Either England (Providing Southgate doesn't make mistakes cutting players from the squad) France or Portugal.

tjb

Probably because of Ronaldo and Bruno. Although Bruno hasn’t been especially good in any big game for United that I can remember and Ronaldo is not nearly as good as he was a few years ago.

Aside from the United connection I can’t think of any other reason, overall their squad is probably weaker than ours in my opinion. I mean it’s really only our center midfield that is weak.

France probably in the strongest position to win it. Kante makes Pogba good and they brought back Benzema.
Watch out for Italy. Well coached with Mancini, a couple of good attacking players and a top notch midfield.

Portugal also have Bernardo Silva, Joao Felix and Jota. Add that to Dis Guerero and Cancelo and its a top notch squad. The Danilo's, Neves' and Semedo's are good players....plus they also have the experience of Pepe.

France is the favourite, but I actually think England are good enough to win. Top level attack, good starting defence and a midfield that isn't as bad as people think. Mount breaking through has made that midfield look good and if Bellingham can break out, it could spell danger for other countries.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Portugal have good team, players like Rui Patricio, Cancelo, Pepe, Dias, Nuno Mendes/Guerreiro, Moutinho, Bruno, Neves, Danilo, B.Silva, Felix, Ronaldo, Andre Silva, Jota.

That's a good enough squad. Then they have players like Joao Palhinha, Pedro Goncalves, Fonte who had (reportedly) great season.

Siezard

I want to jinx it: ENGLAND win this Euro
England is hosting one of the semi finals and the final, together with some groups stages and round of 16 matches. They are the official host!

Demyanenko_square_jaw

I think Italy could surprise. There's not much pressure on them and while not a spectacular squad, Mancini seems to have made them very hard to beat again.

Also Croatia. they've had enough bad results since the World Cup to settle them back down and while not a consistent tournament team, if in form and a chance opens up for a good run they have the history behind them of knowing they can take it. The squad is very experienced and Kramaric had a very good under the radar scoring season for Hoffenheim. Centre-defence could be a big issue for them however, i'm not sure a duo like Lovren-Vida has it in them for another overachieving tournament performance.

slored1

McTominay to have a breakout tournament for Scotland. Something about him screams to me that he shows up in the big games in front of the crowd, and they play at home.

Spain, Germany and Netherlands will go home early. Either the squad is weak or the manager is shit.

Italy to surprise and get at least to the semis.

England will be knocked out in the quarters, Kane will mostly think about the transfers and Southgate will get crucified after he won’t play either Grealish/Foden in a big game instead of Sterling.

Denmark to shock everyone and get beaten late into the tournament on penalties/extra-time. They have an easy group and are no pushovers.

Siezard

Can someone create a thread for France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Portugal n Belgium?

Ramos

Guessed Portugal in 2016, now i'm feeling Germany. No huge expectations and less pressure this time around might help them a lot.

TheGame

Why do UEFA have to mess about with it all with this 3rd place nonsense. Used to be quite simple with top 2 going through. Bizarrely England avoid the hard group teams if they finish second in their group. Stupid really.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
According to oddschecker (which compares bookies odds), these are the favorites to win, in order:

1. France
  2. England
  3. Belgium
  4. Germany
  5. Spain
  6. Portugal
  7. Italy
  8. Netherlands
  9. Denmark
  10. Croatia

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Portugal for the win.

edit: the route - beating England, after finishing 2nd in Group F, then knocking out Spain, then knocking out Germany, and beating France in the final with a Cristiano Ronaldo header.
Surely Germany, France and Portugal can’t al progress, they are in the same group?

TrustInJanuzaj

It will be either France or Portugal. England are an outside shout but I think Southgate is poor and this will be the one he lets the team down. Belgium don’t have any chance for me, a weak willed team.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Surely Germany, France and Portugal can’t al progress, they are in the same group?
There are 6 groups, top two of all the groups go into the last 16, then the best placed 3rd place teams to make up the last 4 I think.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If England win their group they play one of France, Germany or Portugal in the 2nd round. If they finish 2nd they play someone weaker. How does that work? It’s weird this new “3rd goes through” rule

I feel like it’ll be France or Germany who win it. I think England will be let down by the manager.

TrustInJanuzaj

There are 6 groups, top two of all the groups go into the last 16, then the best placed 3rd place teams to make up the last 4 I think.
Ahh okay. Still though that’s a tough ask to finish a good third in that group considering the competition.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Italy to win it.

Immobile top goal scorer.

Hope they win so I can get a fresh tag line :lol:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Ahh okay. Still though that’s a tough ask to finish a good third in that group considering the competition.
Yes, but four teams out of six finishing third go through. The route to the final is just fun speculation, but I think Portugal will finish above Germany in the group.

TrustInJanuzaj

Yes, but four teams out of six finishing third go through. The route to the final is just fun speculation, but I think Portugal will finish above Germany in the group.
Yeh this is probably the least I fancy Germany heading into a tournament that I can remember. The manager is gone anyway after the tournament and he seems to be living on past World Cup glories. Just can’t see them getting anywhere near at the moment. Portugal know how to win ugly and that’s vital in cup competitions.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yeh this is probably the least I fancy Germany heading into a tournament that I can remember. The manager is gone anyway after the tournament and he seems to be living on past World Cup glories. Just can’t see them getting anywhere near at the moment. Portugal know how to win ugly and that’s vital in cup competitions.
Absolutely. The dark arts.

AshRK

France favourites
Italy for me may be the surprise winners. They have a decent coach and have solid players.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Did the tournament predictor on the UEFA website before and ended up with a France vs Portugal final with Portugal winning. Had England topping their group and losing to Portugal in the last 16. I have a feeling England are going to disappoint. High expectations for this tournament and that's never a good thing for England.