Euro 2020 Fantasy Football

sillwuka

Yes and put Yilmaz in. You can bench him next day if he is not scoring.

Your team looks pretty balanced so if you give everyone a chance you could do really well.

Put the 3 players playing last on your bench. Then when most other players have played you can make the call if you want to bring them on.
Of course if you fear like it is too much time with early deadlines to do then you can plan around that by having 3 players on the last day. Thus you only need to bring them on for your 3 worst scoring players then.

For you put Pogba, Cancelo and Jota on the bench and bring them on if you have players not scoring that much.
Thanks for the advice. I've had a proper read of the rules and realise you can approach the matchdays in this way.

Let's see if Yilmaz can bag tonight, if he doesn't I'll sub him.

Paul_Scholes18

So many almost pens for Italy haha. Man fantasy make me wish for pens for Italy when I am not supporting either side.

I bet Jorginho will go off and then they get one or he is not even on them in the first place.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Florenzi struggling with a muscle problem, off at half time in a game in which Italy have almost no chance of conceding. Bugger.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Unlucky if anyone had Florenzi. Started game well in first 5 mins too.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Immobile bringing the points home. I captained Rom tomorrow because I forgot you could change between gamedays, he'd better score now.

Canuckred64

I wish they would make that 7 on Immobile jersey's more clearer, I thought it was Beradi my captain who is number 11 that scored.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I captained Beradi too but he will need 1 more return for me to leave captain on him.

Nickosaur

Do we know how often we can change captain in one game week? I.e. if I take it off Beradi tonight, for Lukaku, and Lukaku blanks, can I change again for Jota?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Berardi off. Assist better than nothing.

But setting captain on either Bale or Lukaku now.
Tough call.
Kane Sunday Ronaldo Thur.

Ridiculous really to be able to keep switching!

Canuckred64

Do we know how often we can change captain in one game week? I.e. if I take it off Beradi tonight, for Lukaku, and Lukaku blanks, can I change again for Jota?
You can have 5 different captains if you want, , one each day today , Saturday Sunday, Monday , Tuesday.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Same. Wasn't expecting much tbh so I'll take an assist! But looking at Lukaku v Russia instead...
Lukaku > Depay > F.Torres > Ronaldo

I'd be very unlucky to not get better than 1 assist.

I'm twisting.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Had Berardi and captained Insigne. The stick-or-twist decisions start in earnest. :(

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Damn! This is a completely different game to FPL. Think it makes it more interesting for a shorter tournament format though.
Yep, certainly doesn't suit the casuals!

If you don't get a decent captain haul in this game you really have had bad luck or a shocker!

V.O.

Hmm, since the game the Caf league seems to have disappeared for me in the leagues tab. Same for everyone?

Paul_Scholes18

It is an annoying, but ok start. So 6 points for Berardi is a decent return, but not good enough to keep as captain.

Jorginho 3 points. Probably the most likely scenario and better than two, but I should have gone for more attacking options rather than hope for a pen. It is my fault for going 3 premiums up front and thus giving me too little money for good midfielders.

In fantasy PL you always say that 60 points is often the benchmark for a good/acceptable week. Thus around 4-6 points average is fine for each player. A bit higher for your premiums over budget and you hope for maybe 12-14 points from your captain at least to be happy with him.

In this game the average is lower without bonus points so I think 50 points is a good score. Thus 9 from 2 is certainly an ok start since Jorginho is arguably my weakest player and Berardi is cheap although much better than 6 million.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Had Berardi and captained Insigne. The stick-or-twist decisions start in earnest. :(
Yeah that's a decision I'm glad I don't have to make. If you stick and one of Lukaku, Depay or Ronaldo go mental you're effectively punished.

0161_UNITED

Anyone else triple up on the Italians? I have Donnaruma, Baradi (C), and Spinazzola. I also had Yazici as an insurance policy just in case Italy collapsed.

I've got some rough patches ahead though:
Lukaku, Ronaldo, Depay
F. Torres, Mount, B. Silva
Kjaer, Denayer, Rostovski, Puchacz

But I can't complain, sitting on a 28 after the first match!

Paul_Scholes18

In fantasy CL I keep with 7 or more and change with 6 or less. In this game since you have so many options left I think 8 seems like a good haul to keep. Possibly twist at 8 and stick with 9.

Thing is your star players need 2 returns to beat this haul. Getting 3 returns is also very rare.

V.O.

In fantasy CL I keep with 7 or more and change with 6 or less. In this game since you have so many options left I think 8 seems like a good haul to keep. Possibly twist at 8 and stick with 9.

Thing is your star players need 2 returns to beat this haul. Getting 3 returns is also very rare.
That sounds very sensible, and if I only had one more roll of the dice I'd definitely be sticking. But with the system where you can keep switching, it seems like a good shot of either Lukaku, whatever midfielder I stick it on if he blanks on the day after he plays, or Ronaldo beating that. I hate this game already, too many variables! :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

That sounds very sensible, and if I only had one more roll of the dice I'd definitely be sticking. But with the system where you can keep switching, it seems like a good shot of either Lukaku, whatever midfielder I stick it on if he blanks on the day after he plays, or Ronaldo beating that. I hate this game already, too many variables! :lol:
What can happen is that you change to Lukaku. He scores a goal and you are not happy with that. Then you go to your next players. Scores a goal and you are not happy. Then the last two blanks.

V.O.

What can happen is that you change to Lukaku. He scores a goal and you are not happy with that. Then you go to your next players. Scores a goal and you are not happy. Then the last two blanks.
Yep, knowing my luck that's precisely what'd be happening. :(

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Immobile and Jorginho is an ok night's work. I'll count myself unfortunate Florenzi had to go off and forgo a clean sheet but I should have captained Immobile, now I have to hope Rom runs wild on Russia tomorrow.