Euro 2020 Fantasy Football

Neo_Mufc

I think this is actually the first time I had a keeper save a pen and get a clean sheet.

Yet in that game I have 3 danish players with a crap score. I predicted the other way around for sure and only had the Finland keeper for being cheap and maybe saving a pen at best.
Literally the same as me. All my danish players sadly didn't perform and the 1 player who was a 4.0m throwaway pulls out a 13 pointer.

Paul_Scholes18

Literally the same as me. All my danish players sadly didn't perform and the 1 player who was a 4.0m throwaway pulls out a 13 pointer.
Actually had Fabianskis late pen save in draft, but do not count Draft. In regular fantasy this is the first clean sheet and pen save I have got.

Had a decent number of pen saves without clean sheets.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So. I couldn't change Bale and I'm not 'sticking' on his captain score... I may as well pick a player to captain tomorrow? (always the chance they fluke a big score and if they don't I switch to Lewa Monday then maybe Ronnie Tuesday?)
Of course. Change it each day until a player hauls.
Lukaku with Two goals was near perfect as it took all doubt out.
If he'd scored the one you'd have that little nag about switching.

Ananke

A guy in my league has the Turkish keeper in goal, grabbed 3 points instead of 1…anyone else seen this? Figure it’s a bug where it’s added instead of taken away :confused:

gorky_utd

I had Hradecky but in sub :mad: . Now hearing no Grealish in starting xi. Fantastic fantasy so far.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I had Kjaer who ended up with only two points and that dire Finnish keeper who got the lot as you say. I feel bad profiting from yesterday in honesty, but it's just the hardest of lines on Denmark as a whole and, obviously, everything about football feels that bit smaller after what happened.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I had Hradecky but in sub :mad: . Now hearing no Grealish in starting xi. Fantastic fantasy so far.
Had him as a sub as well, 7 more points that Courtois. I did have Lukaku as captain and Meunier in my team so some decent points from them.

slored1

Have Grealish in as I was certain he would start. Fecking Southgate and his Sterling obsession.

Paul_Scholes18

Cancelo bloody hell. So I made a last day change. Brought in Cancelo since was worried over Pepe and Pau Torres (higher Covid risk due to Spain infections) not starting and also doing stupid things in Pepe case.
Thus I had to downgrade Shaqiri to free up the money to Jorginho.

Raredaredevil

How does this work? Can you change every matchday? So it basically means everyday. Might be hard to keep up.

Canuckred64

Pissed off about Cancelo, why wasn't he tested Friday before the tournament started, I took Muenier out of my team and left Cancelo in just before the deadline.

Paul_Scholes18

For limitless which England players to pick? Might just stick with Kane. I feel Mount is slightly not good enough for limitless and the rest too risky with starts. Maybe go with Stones since he should be nailed.

Canuckred64

For limitless which England players to pick? Might just stick with Kane. I feel Mount is slightly not good enough for limitless and the rest too risky with starts. Maybe go with Stones since he should be nailed.
I was thinking Kane and Pickford because I think England have the best clean sheet possibility. But looking at Southgate's defensive picks today I may have to reconsider my keeper choices.

Paul_Scholes18

I was thinking Kane and Pickford because I think England have the best clean sheet possibility. But looking at Southgate's defensive picks today I may have to reconsider my keeper choices.
I was thinking Lloris over Pickford simply since I do not trust Southgate enough.

Paul_Scholes18

Based on that performance I may pass on Kane as well.
I think I go with Kane. What I know with kane is he is often best vs the weaker teams when he should smash it.
Lukaku is a bit the same. They follow the fantasy script of performing when most think they will.

He is not like Mbappe and smash it vs Barcelona, Bayern, Germany etc and teams you would bet against a haul for 99% of strikers.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Surely if someone tests positive for covid you should be able to make a swift transfer for players that will be in contention for that matchday? Doesn’t seem v fair if you can’t swap them out.

yes, I have Cancelo as a starter. :(

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Krul doesn't start, and neither does the other economy Dutch defensive option people might have had (Wijndal). I guess De Boer can say he has one thing in common with Guardiola as a manager now at least.

Patchbeard

Krul doesn't start, and neither does the other economy Dutch defensive option people might have had (Wijndal). I guess De Boer can say he has one thing in common with Guardiola as a manager now at least.
Yep, had Wijndal. As well as Denayer. And Boilesen who didn't play too. My 4.0/4.5m defence has not done well, who would've thought it :wenger:

Paul_Scholes18

4 points from 5 defenders. It is rare it is ever this bad in PL. Can't remember having a worse def without red cards etc.

My keeper got 13 points etc and my plan was to have strong defenders and weak keepers to save money.

I did tell people to go for 4.5 defs, but they have all been awful so far. The expensive defs are doing better unless you got Shaw and Castagne or Florenzi.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
4 points from 5 defenders. It is rare it is ever this bad in PL. Can't remember having a worse def without red cards etc.

My keeper got 13 points etc and my plan was to have strong defenders and weak keepers to save money.

I did tell people to go for 4.5 defs, but they have all been awful so far. The expensive defs are doing better unless you got Shaw and Castagne or Florenzi.
Got both of them, as well as Kjaer and Wijndal. I'm being bailed out by Rom as captain and the very lucky Finnish keeper.

Paul_Scholes18

Got both of them, as well as Kjaer and Wijndal. I'm being bailed out by Rom as captain and the very lucky Finnish keeper.
So unlucky. 3 players out. I have 2 out. Allioski is on myself. I was so confident that Cancelo and Wijndal would play that I could go with one punt just for pens even if I thought Austria would win.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
So unlucky. 3 players out. I have 2 out. Allioski is on myself. I was so confident that Cancelo and Wijndal would play that I could go with one punt just for pens even if I thought Austria would win.
Pau Torres (hopefully) to come, along with FdJ, Lewa and Pogba, but a full defensive rebuild sorely needed! Who has scored your points so far?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Why did you not captain Lukaku?
I think he was under the impression you could change captain after every match at the time, so had Bale or somebody as captain that day.

Paul_Scholes18

Pau Torres (hopefully) to come, along with FdJ, Lewa and Pogba, but a full defensive rebuild sorely needed! Who has scored your points so far?
Finland keeper and Lukaku (c) with most points. Then Berardi and Alaba with assists. That is it really it. 3 players to go and Ronaldo who I hope can do well.

I can't say my overall strategy is bad, but I should not made the late changes. Pepe and Shaqiri out for Jorginho and Cancelo. I did not trust Pepe to avoid cards so wanted defensive cover from Portugal.

In hindsight I should have gone for mostly players from early days due to higher chance of knowing if they get Covid or not, but I really wanted Cancelo after the friendly.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Finland keeper and Lukaku (c) with most points. Then Berardi and Alaba with assists. That is it really it. 3 players to go and Ronaldo who I hope can do well.
Snap :lol:

I think I'll end up with a decent MD1 but I'm jealous of those who shelled out a couple more mil for big Italian/Belgian/English defenders picking up clean sheet points.

Paul_Scholes18

Snap :lol:

I think I'll end up with a decent MD1 but I'm jealous of those who shelled out a couple more mil for big Italian/Belgian/English defenders picking up clean sheet points.
Meunier is so lucky for those that have. Not starting and getting a haul. Remind me of that Salah captain haul many got from the bench when I did not pick him due to leak saying he would not start.

Sometimes having more information can be a bad thing. People who picked Castagne suffers for sure. Although with Salah we know he can do it from the bench in 30 mins. Meunier is a different thing.