Euro 2020 Fantasy Football

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Meunier is so lucky for those that have. Not starting and getting a haul. Remind me of that Salah captain haul many got from the bench when I did not pick him due to leak saying he would not start.

Sometimes having more information can be a bad thing. People who picked Castagne suffers for sure. Although with Salah we know he can do it from the bench in 30 mins. Meunier is a different thing.
The Meunier guys can feck themselves :lol: . Then again the Finnish lad wouldn't have got anything if not for the terrible incident so swings and roundabouts with FF.

Paul_Scholes18

The Meunier guys can feck themselves :lol: . Then again the Finnish lad wouldn't have got anything if not for the terrible incident so swings and roundabouts with FF.
Yeah it is a strange situation. I think I would be potentially better off with Danish clean sheet and Eriksen playing 90 mins.
Also if Eriksen had scored a pen that would have been great.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I think he was under the impression you could change captain after every match at the time, so had Bale or somebody as captain that day.
Exactly that.

Misunderstood the chat about "you can keep changing your captain", took it literally.

Haven't put the effort into this that I did for the second half of the PL FF season (and my asst forget to do a summary dossier as requested).

Schneiderman

Have two of these non playing 4.5 defenders too, it's not going well. Still not as bad as that week in FPL months back when I think 3 got injured and the other two blanked.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
My superb looking defence is looking pony so far.

Dutch defender didn't play, Belgium one didn't play. Denmark geezer conceded.
Spanish guy might be doubtful.

At least Alaba scraped an assist.

Nickosaur

My superb looking defence is looking pony so far.

Dutch defender didn't play, Belgium one didn't play. Denmark geezer conceded.
Spanish guy might be doubtful.

At least Alaba scraped an assist.
Yeah my defence has had a shocker. Admittedly Denayer was probably a bit of a gamble but was expecting Wijndal to play. I doubled up on Danish defence too so now resting on Pau Torres to get me some defensive points.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Picked Pepe, Robertson, Cancelo and Pau Torres for my defence so hoping to pick up some points still there. Fecked off about Cancelo.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Exactly that.

Misunderstood the chat about "you can keep changing your captain", took it literally.

Haven't put the effort into this that I did for the second half of the PL FF season (and my asst forget to do a summary dossier as requested).
Hey, sandikan is no-ones assistant :)

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Reddit hivemind doing well again with the Wijndal and Berghuis shouts, the bunch of fecking hype train cocks.

Leonzo1

Can someone please explain to me how the Auto transfers work? I currently have Spinazzola first on my bench. In my starting XI I have Denayer who didn't feature. Will I get Spinazzola's points from the bench?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Can someone please explain to me how the Auto transfers work? I currently have Spinazzola first on my bench. In my starting XI I have Denayer who didn't feature. Will I get Spinazzola's points from the bench?
I think you will as long as you haven't made any manual subs or changed your captain.

Red Star One

I was around 5-6th place before today and seems like Wijnaldum is quite a differential in the top! So bad Wijnal didn’t play though. Going Kaneless so far so good

Leonzo1

I think you will as long as you haven't made any manual subs or changed your captain.
This is correct. If you make any changes at all then auto subs don't work.
Is it supposed to show some kind of sign that the player I have on the bench will come on? The game Doesn't give me any indication of a planned auto sub and I don't recall making any cahnges.

Neo_Mufc

Depay really let me down today. I'm very upset about Cancelo considering it was going to be between him and Dumfries and I went for the wrong one.

I had Kjaer who ended up with only two points and that dire Finnish keeper who got the lot as you say. I feel bad profiting from yesterday in honesty, but it's just the hardest of lines on Denmark as a whole and, obviously, everything about football feels that bit smaller after what happened.
Yeh that was a strange game tbh. All the Denmark players looked quite drained emotionally.

V.O.

Depay really let me down today. I'm very upset about Cancelo considering it was going to be between him and Dumfries and I went for the wrong one.
That's some pretty shit luck. Feels like everyone is getting fecked over by fullbacks somehow. :lol:

How many manual subs can you make (per round of games or match days)?

Also, someone said you can sub players who've played (and presumably got a low score)?
Pretty sure you can use your whole bench. You can sub out anybody who hasn't been sent off, but you can't sub in anyone who's already played. Ideally you want your starters playing early and your bench players playing later in the matchday for that reason (eg. I've started Yilmaz over Ronaldo simply because he's playing on the last day and I'll just chuck him in for whoever scores lowest out of my strikers and midfield before he plays).

Paul_Scholes18

Basically the cheap defenders at 4.5 recommended by me and others being fairly popular picks.

Kjaer 2 points, Maehle 2 points, Denayer 0 points, Elvedi 2 points, random Wales def 2 points, Wijndal 0 points, Hinteregger 2 points, Allioski 0 points.

Torres and Bednarek left. I took out Bednarek due to his injury and changed Torres due to the Covid risk. Will see if anyone get any points from a 4.5. Torres not playing would not shock anyone that much.

Mings also got 6 points, but I think many thought Maguire might play or have a chance of doing it.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
That's some pretty shit luck. Feels like everyone is getting fecked over by fullbacks somehow. :lol:

Pretty sure you can use your whole bench. You can sub out anybody who hasn't been sent off, but you can't sub in anyone who's already played. Ideally you want your starters playing early and your bench players playing later in the matchday for that reason (eg. I've started Yilmaz over Ronaldo simply because he's playing on the last day and I'll just chuck him in for whoever scores lowest out of my strikers and midfield before he plays).
Thanks. So I had Hinteregger (let one in) so I can sub Pau Torres in? Lose the 2 points I had and a gamble if the sub gets more, less, same?

V.O.

Is it supposed to show some kind of sign that the player I have on the bench will come on? The game Doesn't give me any indication of a planned auto sub and I don't recall making any cahnges.
It should show you now the 'calculating points' thing has gone. Should say "Auto subs: ON/OFF" on the right hand side of your squad screen under the 'Make subs' button.

Paul_Scholes18

Thanks. So I had Hinteregger (let one in) so I can sub Pau Torres in? Lose the 2 points I had and a gamble if the sub gets more, less, same?
Yes it is worth the gamble. Only problem is we do not know if Torres starts. We did see with Wijndal that starting the last friendly do not make you nailed.

Leonzo1

It should show you now the 'calculating points' thing has gone. Should say "Auto subs: ON/OFF" on the right hand side of your squad screen under the 'Make subs' button.
Cheers mate, auto subs on. So to get the points I can't make any subs at all during the game week right? What about transfers?

Paul_Scholes18

Cheers mate, auto subs on. So to get the points I can't make any subs at all during the game week right? What about transfers?
You can make transfers for next round. Know the deadline and make sure you are ready. Most games start 15:00 CET.

Limitless is a good idea if you want to use that chip. Or use it round 3 is also good, but keep in mind that the likes of Lukaku and Kane might get rested then to give DCL, Benteke a game if they have qualified already.,

You could also save your chips, but there is less options in the playoff due to less teams and you get a free wildcard anyway.

Mr Smith

Yeah my defence has had a shocker. Admittedly Denayer was probably a bit of a gamble but was expecting Wijndal to play. I doubled up on Danish defence too so now resting on Pau Torres to get me some defensive points.
I picked Denayer as well, got seduced by the low price. Kicking myself now. Also picked Chesia for Italy and very annoyed Mancini didn't start him after the season he's had.

V.O.

I picked Denayer as well, got seduced by the low price. Kicking myself now. Also picked Chesia for Italy and very annoyed Mancini didn't start him after the season he's had.
I still think there's a good chance Denayer plays the other games. Boyata seemed like a 'horses for courses' pick with his better aerial ability as Russia's main threat is the big lump up front.

Mr Smith

I still think there's a good chance Denayer plays the other games. Boyata seemed like a 'horses for courses' pick with his better aerial ability as Russia's main threat is the big lump up front.
I suppose that's true but I'm not sure I'm going to risk it. I was always planning on making some defensive changes between matchweeks. I've got Pepe in for this week; he's coming straight out when they play France.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I'm having a dreadful start to this.

Locatelli - did feck all, got subbed off.

Had Meunier last week, but then realized I'm better off with Castagne as he'll mostly likely start. But then I took him out for Joakim Maehle, who I figured should keep a clean sheet against the lowest ranked team in the competition (which they would have if they weren't distracted by Erikson's cardiac arrest)

Had Sancho, but then when he was not even on the bench I replaced him with Foden, who started brightly, hitting the post... But was then booked and subbed off.

Had De Ligt, only realised he was injured once it had kicked off.

Had Depay who did feck all.

Lukaku got a brace, but everyone else in the league has him too.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Having a bit of a mare as well. 29 points and used all my subs now. 2 shots left at captain with Torres and Ronaldo left.

Only returns have been assists from Alaba and Berardi and a brace from big Kak (captained Eriksen instead didn't I).

Think I'm gonna play limitless for MD2 now.

Currently on ...

Pickford / Donnaruma

Pavard / Dumfries / Meunier / Zinchenko / Spinnazola

Torres / Wijnaldum / Bale / Insigne / Golovin

Kane / Lukaku / Mbappe

If De Bruyne looks like he might start I could be tempted to go KDB, Depay over Wijnaldum, Lukaku.

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

Having a bit of a mare as well. 29 points and used all my subs now. 2 shots left at captain with Torres and Ronaldo left.

Only returns have been assists from Alaba and Berardi and a brace from big Kak (captained Eriksen instead didn't I).

Think I'm gonna play limitless for MD2 now.

Currently on ...

Pickford / Donnaruma

Pavard / Dumfries / Meunier / Zinchenko / Spinnazola

Torres / Wijnaldum / Bale / Insigne / Golovin

Kane / Lukaku / Mbappe

If De Bruyne looks like he might start I could be tempted to go KDB, Depay over Wijnaldum, Lukaku.
Good team. I am thinking about Russian players to get, but now little about them. Is Fernandes any good for them in attack?

Also is Bale worth it or not?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He was in all the predicted lineups and the "safer" choice than Castagne.
Then suddenly he's nowhere near it and the commentators are talking about how the Belgium back 3 is set in stone!

Paul_Scholes18

There is noone really flying with points in our league. Shows how tricky it is to predict the hauls so far.

Paul_Scholes18

All these cheap strikers I did consider not working out too good. All cheap defenders doing badly too. Expensive defs the way to go.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Good team. I am thinking about Russian players to get, but now little about them. Is Fernandes any good for them in attack?

Also is Bale worth it or not?
Same mate. I think Dzyuba is their main threat up front but those 3 striker spots are too precious.

Bale is a punt but Wales need a result and he's a greedy cnut. Might well bin him for Bruno, KDB or Sterling before the deadline though.

Paul_Scholes18

Same mate. I think Dzyuba is their main threat up front but those 3 striker spots are too precious.

Bale is a punt but Wales need a result and he's a greedy cnut. Might well bin him for Bruno, KDB or Sterling before the deadline though.
I am probably going Bruno since I like him doing well. Either that or a Swedish player. No pens is a blow for Bruno though.

Also Bruno plays on last day vs Germany. Not ideal and can easily be 1 point for him if he takes a yellow in a hard game.

Schneiderman

Purely in hindsight Schick vs one of the worst teams in the tournament is something we should have thought about as a budget striker option. Got too tempted by all the big names up top.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Absolutely fuming Soucek hasn't been given that assist as lucky and unintended as it might have been. He was my 5th choice budget midfield option and had a feeling he'd get something against a woeful Scotland outfit.

Paul_Scholes18

Purely in hindsight Schick vs one of the worst teams in the tournament is something we should have thought about as a budget striker option. Got too tempted by all the big names up top.
I did consider him and Adams when the Austrian striker situation was a bit bad and Winds start was uncertain and add Covid in Spain.

Just 8 million still not cheap enough and I thought it would be a tight game that could go both ways.

Red Star One

Absolutely fuming Soucek hasn't been given that assist as lucky and unintended as it might have been. He was my 5th choice budget midfield option and had a feeling he'd get something against a woeful Scotland outfit.
He didn’t get it for a second goal? A bit stupid