Euro 2020 Fantasy Football

Neo_Mufc

New thread for anyone playing the Euro 2020 fantasy game. I am using the official UEFA game (The Telegraph also has one which is quite popular)

Join the RedCafe Euro 2020 league here

https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020

Key Features
  • 15-man squad
  • Goalkeepers x 2, Defenders x 5, Midfielders x 5, Forwards x 3
  • €100m budget (rising to €105m from round of 16)
  • Maximum of 3 players per team
  • 2 free transfers every matchday in group stage
  • Substitutions within a matchday
  • Change captain to maximise points total
Key deadlines
  • Matchday 1: 11 June 21:00 CET
  • Matchday 2: 16 June 15:00 CET
  • Matchday 3: 20 June 18:00 CET
  • Round of 16: 26 June 18:00 CET
  • Quarter-finals: 02 July 18:00 CET
  • Semi-finals: 06 July 21:00 CET
  • Final: 11 July 21:00 CET

Main differences between this and regular FPL seems to be you can change your captain every matchday, e.g MD1 Italy vs Turkey, if you captained Bonucci and they concede a goal you can swap your captain after the match is completed to a MD2 fixture.

Subs can also be made between match days but only for players who are yet to play.

Full rules can be found here https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020fantasyfootball/info/EURO.FANTASY.RULES/0

Last edited:

Minkaro

I’ve set up a team. Hopefully this time I won’t forget about it. Is there a caf league?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The switching the captain if the first choice has a stinker is a weird one.
But certainly benefits those with plenty of time to put into it!

Neo_Mufc

The switching the captain if the first choice has a stinker is a weird one.
But certainly benefits those with plenty of time to put into it!
I thought about it a lot too and was like it's going to give so many people 2 or 3 chances to get it right.

A balanced team is the best shout instead of a heavy one imo. You always want to be thinking can I bring this guy off my bench or change my captain to said individual.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I thought about it a lot too and was like it's going to give so many people 2 or 3 chances to get it right.

A balanced team is the best shout instead of a heavy one imo. You always want to be thinking can I bring this guy off my bench or change my captain to said individual.
I was trying to stay out of this one, but a guy from my work league asked, and 17/20 of my little survey of the 81 who played are up for it.
So i'll just play it as a just for fun job - no entry fee, no prizes, few updates job. As opposed to my ludicrous hype with the main game!

Neo_Mufc

Already looking forward to use the limitless-chip.:drool:
When do you plan to use yours? I think MD2 for me.

I was trying to stay out of this one, but a guy from my work league asked, and 17/20 of my little survey of the 81 who played are up for it.
So i'll just play it as a just for fun job - no entry fee, no prizes, few updates job. As opposed to my ludicrous hype with the main game!
Yeh tbh I could do with a break from FPL but thought why not it's the Euros.

Swiss_Red89

When do you plan to use yours? I think MD2 for me.
I feel MD2 is probably the best Option to use it...Initially i wanted to use it for Round of 16, but as everyone will have unlimited transfers for this, I don't think it's wise to use it then.
MD3 also a posibillity, but i feel this will be the MD where players will be rested...

And I'm not sure if it makes sense to use it for Round of 8/4/2 as there will be tight games without many goals and a few of the top players already knocked out. (and you will have fewer opportunities to switch the captain armband or subs around)

Neo_Mufc

I feel MD2 is probably the best Option to use it...Initially i wanted to use it for Round of 16, but as everyone will have unlimited transfers for this, I don't think it's wise to use it then.
MD3 also a posibillity, but i feel this will be the MD where players will be rested...

And I'm not sure if it makes sense to use it for Round of 8/4/2 as there will be tight games without many goals and a few of the top players already knocked out.
I'm doing md2 and then md3 I will wildcard. May as well take advantage of the group stages.

Swiss_Red89

I'm doing md2 and then md3 I will wildcard. May as well take advantage of the group stages.
Yes that's probably what I will do as well. But will check how my original team and their situations look like before deciding to wildcard.

Neo_Mufc

Btw if anyone is interested in entering a paid for league run by a group of me and my friends please feel free to drop me a message. It's £10 an entry, open invite.

Thanks

Paul_Scholes18

Second deadline is at an annoying time. Will need to sort that one out early.

What do we think about Depay and Lukaku? I feel they are a trap as our old players not working that great for sure, but great scoring record for country.

Also saves some money over going with Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Kane and Mbappe as alternatives.

Dan_F

Also you in one months time, having three times more posts than anyone else in this thread :lol:

Neo_Mufc

Second deadline is at an annoying time. Will need to sort that one out early.

What do we think about Depay and Lukaku. I feel they are a trap as our old players not working that great for sure, but great scoring record for country.

Also saves some money over going with Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Kane and Mbappe as alternatives.
Lukakus had a crazy season seems like you can't go without.

Depay I'm not so sure about but looks like Hollands main focal point. I might personally go for Gini instead.

Paul_Scholes18

I am doing the same. Could backfire if the big teams rotate in round 2 and not in round 3.
Also can backfire if I fail to predict the nations reaching the semi finals to a decent degree.

Right now I rate England and France to be the most safe picks to go far. Then I go with fixtures as well.

Problem with England is that apart from Kane I could see some rotation in other roles. I guess I play it safe with Maguire if he is fit rather than go with Shaw.

Neo_Mufc

I am doing the same. Could backfire if the big teams rotate in round 2 and not in round 3.
Also can backfire if I fail to predict the nations reaching the semi finals to a decent degree.

Right now I rate England and France to be the most safe picks to go far. Then I go with fixtures as well.

Problem with England is that apart from Kane I could see some rotation in other roles. I guess I play it safe with Maguire if he is fit rather than go with Shaw.
I'm going 0 England for game week 1. That will be tipped as a revenge match and I can see us struggling in our first game. If I'm going chip heavy I can basically pick any team for the first 4 game weeks. I think that will work nicely.

MD1 I'm targeting Portugal, Austria, Denmark, Poland and Spain.

So far I'm struggling for midfielders.

Paul_Scholes18

So Ricardo Rodriguez and Allioski potentially got pens. Thus worth the punt or better to go for boring picks with way better clean sheet chances? Ricardo missed his last pen in friendly so might not take the next one.

Neo_Mufc

So Ricardo Rodriguez and Allioski potentially got pens. Thus worth the punt or better to go for boring picks with way better clean sheet chances? Ricardo missed his last pen in friendly so might not take the next one.
I wouldn't bother with Alioski personally as N.Macedonia don't look good at all.

I'm struggling to choose between Wijnaldum or Lewandoski for MD1.

Swiss_Red89

Rodriguez has already missed meaningless pens in the past and stepped up again to score important ones. So i would be surprised if he didn't take the next one. But you never know. Fabian Schär scored a pen in the last GW of this PL season for Newcastle and has already taken pens for us as well.

Neo_Mufc

After watching the Italy game I'm thinking instead of doubling up on Depay and Wijnaldum, I could bring in Insigne for the latter instead considering he looks really good.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
OK I'm in. Bargain defence, big up top. Plan is limitless for the 3rd group game and target teams with something to play for. Wildcard QF probably.

Donnaruma / Hradecky

Denayer / Wijndal / Hinteregger / P Torres / Maehle

Insigne / F Torres / Mount / Tielemans / Alaba

Kane / Lukaku / Depay

Captains will go - Insigne>Lukaku>Depay/Kane>Torres for match day 1

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Actually, I'm not sold on the Dutch. Maybe Benzema would be a better option than Depay even if their first game is tougher.

Although I could make that transfer in GW2 if he starts and France look good.

Last edited:

Neo_Mufc

France have 3 very good options up top. Difficult to pick from them.

Paul_Scholes18

Does anyone know why Dan James is not even on the bench for Wales? It would be annoying if he gets injured and miss the tournament. A great tourament would be great for us if we keep or sell him.

0161_UNITED

Currently on:

Donnaruma / Hradecky

Alioski / Wijndal / Rodriguez / P Torres / Kjaer

F Torres / B. Silva / Jorginho / Larrson / Rice

Ronaldo / Lukaku / Depay

I’m pretty happy with this, so far.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Currently on:

Donnaruma / Hradecky

Alioski / Wijndal / Rodriguez / P Torres / Kjaer

F Torres / B. Silva / Jorginho / Larrson / Rice

Ronaldo / Lukaku / Depay

I’m pretty happy with this, so far.
My first rule in any euro tournament is always get on Ronaldo.
Broke my rule in the tournament he scored 3 v Spain in!

Paul_Scholes18

Some swedish info. Seb Larsson missed his pen in the friendly and Forsberg might take the next one.

I think Forsberg is a good pick for the last two rounds, but against Spain maybe go with players with easier fixtures.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Yeah feck the Dutch. Seems they're arguing about formations already. Classic Dutch camp. Think they'll crash and burn early although they should get out of that group.

Swapped Depay, Insigne and Tielemans for Benzema, Berardi and Erikksen. Extra captain option too.

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah feck the Dutch. Seems they're arguing about formations already. Classic Dutch camp. Think they'll crash and burn early although they should get out of that group.

Swapped Depay, Insigne and Tielemans for Benzema, Berardi and Erikksen. Extra captain option too.
I have never liked Benzema for fantasy do not know what it is. Never feels that explosive.

Even with him being main man for Real Madrid in CL after Ronaldo I never liked going for him.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I have never liked Benzema for fantasy do not know what it is. Never feels that explosive.

Even with him being main man for Real Madrid in CL after Ronaldo I never liked going for him.
Me neither. France have to be massive favourites though and this could be a swansong tournament for him. Germans look leaky as well.

Paul_Scholes18

Me neither. France have to be massive favourites though and this could be a swansong tournament for him. Germans look leaky as well.
For round 2 I am probably going Mbappe on limitless. Agree Germany could be a good game given how much they struggled in recent year, but also a hard one if the Germans get the act together.

Neo_Mufc

Some swedish info. Seb Larsson missed his pen in the friendly and Forsberg might take the next one.

I think Forsberg is a good pick for the last two rounds, but against Spain maybe go with players with easier fixtures.
Sweden looked ok but it was Armenia so not sure I would punt on any of their players.