Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
England team:

Pickford
Cash--Coady--Mings--Justin
Phillips-Rice
Maddison
Barnes--DCL--Grealish
I reckon Germany will be favourites.
Sancho & Bellingham for Barnes & Phillips. Cresswell at left back. Maybe Ben White at CB?

How badly would Germany be effected? Kroos? Who else? They’d walk the tournament.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Not that easy from a legal point of view though. They would have to ask for a transfer which I hope they will
Exactly, if every player demands a transfer, how are the clubs going to compete in a esl with no players, this can ABSOLUTELY be stopped, it just needs the right people to make a stand. But they probably wont.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Exactly, if every player demands a transfer, how are the clubs going to compete in a esl with no players, this can ABSOLUTELY be stopped, it just needs the right people to make a stand. But they probably wont.
A player can demand a transfer doesn't mean the club will sell them

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
and the promise that thats what they will do as soon as they can right from the start might make these parasitic bastards sit up and take notice.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Yes, yes. They'll enjoy those 10k per week contracts playing for Burnley and Norwich and those other big clubs left.

Dante

Average bang
France:
Mandanda
Pavard--Konate-Uppemecano--Hernandez
Tolisso--Aouer--Camavinga
Mbappe--Martial--Coman​

(assuming Konate is fit, which he probably won't be)

Dante

Average bang
How many of the Spain squad don't play for the big 3 over there?
Current squad:
No.Pos.PlayerClub
1​
GKDavid de GeaManchester United
13​
GKRobert SánchezBrighton & Hove Albion
23​
GKUnai SimónAthletic Bilbao
2​
DFPedro PorroSporting CP
3​
DFDiego LlorenteLeeds United
4​
DFIñigo MartínezAthletic Bilbao
12​
DFEric GarcíaManchester City
14​
DFJosé GayàValencia
15​
DFSergio Ramos (captain)Real Madrid
18​
DFJordi AlbaBarcelona
5​
MFSergio Busquets (vice-captain)Barcelona
6​
MFSergio CanalesBetis
8​
MFKoke (3rd captain)Atlético Madrid
10​
MFThiagoLiverpool
16​
MFRodriManchester City
17​
MFFabiánNapoli
20​
MFPedriBarcelona
22​
MFMarcos LlorenteAtlético Madrid
7​
FWÁlvaro MorataJuventus
9​
FWGerardVillarreal
11​
FWFerran TorresManchester City
19​
FWDani OlmoRB Leipzig
21​
FWMikel OyarzabalReal Sociedad

Recent call ups:
Pos.PlayerClub
GKKepa ArrizabalagaChelsea
DFSergi RobertoBarcelona
DFPau TorresVillarreal
DFSergio ReguilónTottenham Hotspur
DFHéctor BellerínArsenal
DFMarc CucurellaGetafe
DFJesús NavasSevilla
DFDani CarvajalReal Madrid
MFMarco AsensioReal Madrid
MFMikel MerinoReal Sociedad
MFDani CeballosArsenal
MFJosé CampañaLevante
MFÓscarSevilla
FWAdama TraoréWolverhampton Wanderers
FWAnsu FatiBarcelona
FWRodrigoLeeds United

Spain would be the most screwed nation.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Then the players walk as each of their contracts expire, and make it known from the start thats what they will do
Since almost all the big and rich clubs are in the super league, where do you think the top players with 200-300k+ wages would go?
Maybe would fancy a move to Aston Villa and West Ham with 50-80k wages instead?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Mignolet
Castagne - Vermaelen - Vertonghen - Meunier
Dendoncker
Tielemans - Praet
Mertens - Batshuayi - Hazard
Decent enough first XI. Bench of Boyata, Denayer, Defour, Fellaini, Dembele, Januzaj, Benteke, Trossard, Vanaken, ... as well.

France and Germany would probably be favourites to win the thing because of the refusal of their big clubs.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If they are more concerned with accumulating vast wealth than doing whats right then they are as bad as the scumbags who own the clubs.
This moral high stand will work only with common man who has nothing to lose except for their passion and love towards the game. Players are least bothered about these things. Loyality in football is a long gone case.

Dante

Average bang
Since almost all the big and rich clubs are in the super league, where do you think the top players with 200-300k+ wages would go?
The entire point of the ESL is to cut out the UEFA middlemen.

At the moment, UEFA take a huge cut of the profits from the CL and EL. The clubs want keep all of that and share it amongst themselves. Which means the ultimate result of this rebellion will be the certain death of UEFA and probable death of FIFA.

In their place, the ESL founders will likelycreate their own versions of the European Championship and World Cup. The original competitions will die alongside their organisers and be replaced by snazzier iterations.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
If west ham and Villa are winning the leagues/champions leagues because the traitor clubs have been kicked out they could afford higher salaries

Dante

Average bang
Another thought: if the ESL become the new FIFA, it could mean that football evolves differently across the different federations.

VAR, offsides, handballs, bans on heading, drink breaks, etc. could be handled differently. We might eventually end up with different codes à la Rugby Union and Rugby League.

arthurka

Does anybody really think that they could sell this product for a similar price without all the major stars in todays game.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If west ham and Villa are winning the leagues/champions leagues because the traitor clubs have been kicked out they could afford higher salaries
You are just assuming PL and CL would be the same as before. Bear in mind even under current price money, winning the league/CL would only equal to 1/3 income from just participating super league. But once super league is formed, large chunk of TV/sponsor money be gone from PL and CL to super league instead. There's no way other clubs could compete financially with super league clubs. There will be less and less income for west ham and Villa for sure.

Last edited:

tjb

Does anybody really think that they could sell this product for a similar price without all the major stars in todays game.
Unless they decide to suspend the euros again. If they actually go along with this, UEFA as a governing body would die. Ban innocent players, if they can use unfair practices then they may as well not have power. People acting like this sanction would be anything other than illegal.

Dante

Average bang
Mignolet
Castagne - Vermaelen - Vertonghen - Meunier
Dendoncker
Tielemans - Praet
Mertens - Batshuayi - Hazard
Decent enough first XI. Bench of Boyata, Denayer, Defour, Fellaini, Dembele, Januzaj, Benteke, Trossard, Vanaken, ... as well.

France and Germany would probably be favourites to win the thing because of the refusal of their big clubs.
France's team is full of players from the big 12. In particular, their midfield would be decimated.

That Belgian team looks ordinary. But I suppose in a post-ESL world, it's actually quite strong.