Europa League 20/21

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
You should know too well being the supporter of a side who would struggle in the Championship. The Europa League has a wide range in the quality of sides. Anyone pretending that Granada, Zagreb or Slavia Prague beating United over two legs wouldn’t be a huge upset knows a lot more about football than any of the bookmakers do.
True. If only we'd sign your nan. I reckon she'd score for fun up here.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Roma winning is great for us. Ajax a far superior team and would cause us much bigger problems than Roma (though Roma still decent).

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I don't see who is stopping United from winning this competition. They're head and shoulders over everyone else.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Great night for United: away win by multiple goals and two strongest rivals both have negative first leg results.

538 now have United at 65% to reach final and 41% to win it.

cyberman

I don't see who is stopping United from winning this competition. They're head and shoulders over everyone else.
The CL is of a low standard this year and the EL is piss poor on top of that. We are just playing within ourselves knowing nobody can keep us out over 2 legs

klsv

People saying Arsenal are the second favorites to win the entire thing haven't seen Arsenal play for a few years.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Good result at Johan Cruijff for Manchester United. Ajax would be a worse opponente than Roma, today they were the better team imho, created a lot and were quite unlucky to lose..

Roma also have 9 unavailable players at the moment (7 due to injury: Mike, Juan Jesus, Kumbulla, Zaniolo, Mkhitaryan, Spinazzola, El Shaarawy + 2 non in the UEFA list: Fazio, Pastore) and most of them wouldn't be fit for the possible UEL semifinal

Ed9

People saying Arsenal are the second favorites to win the entire thing haven't seen Arsenal play for a few years.
How come? Who else can stop us? (btw I haven't seen them play)

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I can see Villarreal posing a real challenge. Imagine they'll get to the final from their side of the draw.

Paul_Scholes18

Arsenal should still qualify. 1-1 at home is a good result without fans and home advantage.
Although given how they struggle to score it can still be tricky.

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah they are not conceding a lot. I guess Arsenal will find it hard to score again. Although if they get 1 goal then they just need one more to force Slavia to get 3.

So I think if they get that goal then they should win it or maybe get to pens.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Looks like we’ll be playing them. What sort of team are they?
Got loads of experience....Smalling, Pedro, Mikhi, Dzeko everyone knows from premier league and likes of Pellegrini and Veretout are solid enough midfielders.

The problem with Roma is they just tense up and bottle things when they're on the brink of doing something, happens every year in Serie A although I think they'd struggle with Man. United's pace on the break over two legs so wouldn't be favourites to get through by a long way.

Think I called a Man. United-Villareal final when the QF draw was made and see little to change that view even if Arsenal get through. Villareal very dangerous side imo and their manager knows how to win this competition so they need to be respected. Considering what Zagreb did to Spurs, winning 0-1 there is a very decent result and they have plenty of players who can score.

autte

Supports
Poggibonsi
Incredible result for Roma. Ajax were the better team by far.
The first half was even. Roma were missing all of their best players. Even Spinazzola went off injured after 25 minutes.