Europa League 20/21

croadyman

Nice feeling to be the most impressive of the english sides in europe but have the toughest group

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Something rather ominous seeing a football jersey being sponsored by Fyffes Bananas

Raredaredevil

Embarrassing for Arsenal, almost half-time and still goalless. Dundalk must be in sky heaven.
Edit: 1-0.

King Eric 7

:lol: I don't recall seeing a worse corner in top flight football. Not even with Phil Jones taking them.

man united 4eva

I'm so glad that Spurs lost against Antwerp.. Out of all the London clubs , they have the most deluded fanbase.. Happy that a distant former player of our's was M O T M.. Ritchie De Laet :D:devil:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The dunkirk goalkeeper looks like that old skinny PL referee

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Ah Dundalk. Not under undue pressure until those 2 brainfarts. Pity. Arsenal deeply unimpressive.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm so glad that Spurs lost against Antwerp.. Out of all the London clubs , they have the most deluded fanbase.. Happy that a distant former player of our's was M O T M.. Ritchie De Laet :D:devil:
Worse than the AFTV lot or some of the Chelsea lot here? Not for me

I mean there's a certain someone who's surely been clinically diagnosed as batshit crazy but the rest aren't that bad. Just eternally optimistic like most fans are about their clubs

AshRK

I mean there's a certain someone who's surely been clinically diagnosed as batshit crazy but the rest aren't that bad. Just eternally optimistic like most fans are about their clubs
Arsenal fans are the most deluded for me. The way they try to force a rivalry is very funny.

kidbob

To be reasonable it's a bunch of actual amateurs (I believe and if they're not then they are paid a basic wage) in a country where football is a hard 4th sport, where the best players invariably end up going to England because of proximity, all overseen by one of the most laughably corrupt FAs in the western world. The fact they lasted so long at 0-0 is actually incredible. There is one Irish league player in the squad of a poor Irish national team to put things in perspective.

To call them minnows would be an understatement.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Dundalk, my friend. A picturesque town close to the Northern Irish border known for it's natural beauty and friendly and trusting natives.
Just a question, Are they the best in their league? Or who is and where are they in their league?

Supports
England
No Son to mask another poor Spurs performance tonight?
Son was on for 45 minutes. Spurs only really started the match after 60, when Kane came on. He's the real bailout package, but he can't possibly do it every match.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Just a question, Are they the best in their league? Or who is and where are they in their league?
No, in something of a transition period. Have been the top side for most of the last decade but are 3rd this season, 13 or 14 points off the pace I think. Shamrock Rovers top dogs this season, beaten narrowly by AC Milan in last round.

man united 4eva

At least both Arsenal & Chelsea have won plenty of silverware in their recent history... whereas Spurs :lol: .. Their supporters act like they are the top club in London.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
At least both Arsenal & Chelsea have won plenty of silverware in their recent history... whereas Spurs :lol: .. Their supporters act like they are the top club in London.
They actually don't. The perception from other London clubs' fans is that they're an entitled bunch but they aren't. They just want the sliverware to match their status. They have a huge fanbase and have spent millions. They're hated in London for reasons I can't fathom, apart from Arsenal who are traditional rivals.

Renegade

Re Bale,
Does this justify Zidane and his decision to leave him in the stands last season? Probably still to early to write him off he has a lot of football to catch-up on.

kidbob

Re Bale,
Does this justify Zidane and his decision to leave him in the stands last season? Probably still to early to write him off he has a lot of football to catch-up on.
I think you answered your own question there. Hard to judge him this early considering his last couple of years. Otherwise if he can hot even 60% of his top level then he will be a very useful addition even if not an automatic starter. Same as Cavani for us. I don't think Jose brought him in thinking he would be anything but that but maybe he is hopeful he can exceed expectations.

From a neutral footballing perspective his current state is sad to see because a prime Bale is the best player in the league right now. However I do think he'll win them some points along the way.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Re Bale,
Bale's performances for real madrid in the last two seasons justified Zidane's decision

Lucky, lucky napoli. Not that real sociedad have created much, spanish team afterall, but they've been dominated after the first 10 minutes, tactically they look completely lost and clueless against their movement and passing, constantly getting cut open in midfield and behind the wingbacks. Koulibaly is a wall though