Europa League 20/21

Charlie Foley

Ajax's heads really seemed to drop when Dzeko equalized. Seems really odd to me, as they needed a second goal no matter what.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Get in. Ajax a much better footballing side IMO. Though Roma will still put up a tough fight.

el3mel

Good job from Roma. Honestly prefer facing them than Ajax personally.

Should be able to book our ticket to the final. It won't be as easy as Granada but on two legs tie we should get through.

If Arsenal reach the final it can be a pretty tough match though. Arteta seems to know to win such games regardless of their form.

PoTMS

Not sure of how I feel playing at home first. We have been mostly poor at home this season.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Shouldn't be much difficult for Manchester United to qualify against this Roma, they were weaker than Ajax in both legs and these are their result against the other Serie A top 8 this season:

- Roma - Juventus 0-0 0-2
- Roma - Napoli 0-4 0-2
- Roma - Milan 3-3 1-2
- Roma - Inter 2-2
- Roma - Lazio 0-3
- Roma - Atalanta 1-4
- Roma - Sassuolo 0-0 2-2

ZERO wins, GS: 9, GC: 24

Hopefully for Roma this tie will be more balanced than the Champions League SF against Liverpool in 2018

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Are Roma that negative? I see Dzecko is still playing.
No, ajax are just way better and pinned them back for 180 minutes

Still they pulled through :lol: in fairness they controlled the last 20 minutes comfortably

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I must say, that was the first time ever in my life that I'm so satisfied with Arsenal comprehensively beating another team.

feck off Slavia Prague.

TJ Reid

Supports
Arsenal
Betfair make you guys favourites at 2.16
Arsenal 3.7
Vilareal 5.8
Roma 8.8

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Just doing some reading ahead of tomorrow night's matches. Feels as if Villareal and Roma are being a tad underrated, based on their league positions, when their underlying metrics are quite strong. Weirdly from 33 league matches, Villareal, Roma and United all have very similar xPts: 58.56, 57.48 and 58.24 respectively. Villareal's xPts is greater than Atletico's this season.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Aubameyang, Tierney and Lacazette are supposedly in contention. Auba, even half fit, will probably start because we have no strikers. No idea how Tierney or Lacazette can possibly get on the pitch seeing how they got injured. If they do, you can bet your house they will aggravate their issue and be done for weeks/months.
I think we'll lose 2-0 or get a 1-1 draw, Emery will be back to haunt us. Stil think we can get to the final in the second leg if Tierney/Lacazette can use this week to rest up and risk it all at home.:nervous:

Charlie Foley

Aubameyang, Tierney and Lacazette are supposedly in contention. Auba, even half fit, will probably start because we have no strikers. No idea how Tierney or Lacazette can possibly get on the pitch seeing how they got injured. If they do, you can bet your house they will aggravate their issue and be done for weeks/months.
I think we'll lose 2-0 or get a 1-1 draw, Emery will be back to haunt us. Stil think we can get to the final in the second leg if Tierney/Lacazette can use this week to rest up and risk it all at home.:nervous:
You sure are optimistic

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Gotta pick the United game as the one to watch. Tasty tie.

Rojofiam

I am starting to think Arteta is a second profile for Pep. Its like on FM when you do a save where you run a big club and a small club and try to use the same tactics at both.
Arsenal are much bigger than City

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Just doing some reading ahead of tomorrow night's matches. Feels as if Villareal and Roma are being a tad underrated, based on their league positions, when their underlying metrics are quite strong. Weirdly from 33 league matches, Villareal, Roma and United all have very similar xPts: 58.56, 57.48 and 58.24 respectively. Villareal's xPts is greater than Atletico's this season.
It's somewhat true for villarreal, who are genuinely really good and should have picked up a lot more points in the league, should be closer to the top 4

Not so for Roma. Roma have strong numbers because earlier in the season they absolutely smashed the weaker sides. But they have yet to look competitive against good sides all season long

ratburger

Both English clubs striving to outdo each other today, but based on their position in the league and the fact that they're at home, I'd say United are 'winning'.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Been watching Villareal strolling past Arsenal, what the hell's happened for Romas to have to do 3 subs before half time?! :lol:

croadyman

Been watching Villareal strolling past Arsenal, what the hell's happened for Romas to have to do 3 subs before half time?! :lol:
Well your ex player Vertetout went down after about 4 mins, keeper appeared to put his shoulder out saving a shot from Pogba and another of them played a part in the goal before also picking up a knock too

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Lost their best midfielder to injury. Then the starting goalkeeper got injured. Then their best wingback got injured

Then one of their CBs also got hurt on the last play of the half, let's see if he can continue :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can remember a premier league game years back when a prem team had to make 3 subs by half time (may have been the Chelsea match when Mourinho took Duff and Robben off after 20 minutes!)

Didn't actually realise they can still make two subs so not as bad as could've been given someone like Dzeko is unlikely to last 90 minutes so he'll need to come off around 70 minutes.

croadyman

Too much arrogance on show from Utd & Arsenal who thought these games would be a foregone conclusion