Europa League 2019/20

TRUERED89

Kazakhstan number one exporter of potassium. All other countries have inferior potassium.
Okay, but all I'm saying is its a very long trip and will be a hindrance to us in the PL.

Also how is Kazakstan in Europe? Seems to be expanding :lol:

Bestietom

We need to play our best players until we are sure of qualifying. I'm all for giving the youngsters a chance but from the bench until qualification is in the bag.
Garner, Gomes, Greenwood, Williams, and Chong, can be brought into things gradually, and this and the cup games are perfect if they are used properly.

TRUERED89

We need to play our best players until we are sure of qualifying. I'm all for giving the youngsters a chance but from the bench until qualification is in the bag.
Garner, Gomes, Greenwood, Williams, and Chong, can be brought into things gradually, and this and the cup games are perfect if they are used properly.
The group is shite, if the youngsters cant help us qualify then surely they're not going to be good enough. Rest the best players for the PL, I'd rather focus on that.

Bestietom

The group is shite, if the youngsters cant help us qualify then surely they're not going to be good enough. Rest the best players for the PL, I'd rather focus on that.
What then if we don't manage to get a top 4 place and we go out of this tournament. Anything can happen in these games as it has proved in the past.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What then if we don't manage to get a top 4 place and we go out of this tournament. Anything can happen in these games as it has proved in the past.
What if we kill the first team and we end up being 10+ points away from the top 4, and then also knocked out of EL anyway as the players are too tired and injured?

We have a very good second string that would walk into all these other teams. We have to trust them.

Last edited:

Bestietom

What if we kill the first team and we end up being 10+ points away from the top 4, and then also knocked out of EL anyway as he plays are too tired and injured?

We have a very good second string that would walk into all these other teams. We have to trust them.
Ok, just hope we don't regret it if we go out and made a laughing stock again.

TRUERED89

Let the youngsters get us out the group, if we start progressing then get Pogba, Martial and co in the starting XI, right now I wouldn't risk any of them because of how things are going in the league.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Okay, but all I'm saying is its a very long trip and will be a hindrance to us in the PL.

Exactly - if you go off what they're trying to claim is Europe we'd be the biggest continent!

stubie

Well Australia is in Asia these days for Football and Europe for singing :houllier:

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Ha ha that may be true, just not great for the team to go on such a long trip then have to play a crucial PL match a few days later!

Btw are you from there !?
Kazakhstan number one exporter of potassium. All other countries have inferior potassium.
I'm guessing that True Red hasn't seen the Borat movie :lol:

Kajus

Kazakhstan friend of all except Uzbekistan.

dev1l

Judging from the Subs used yesterday I think both Chong and Tuanzebe will start the game.
This is my predicted line up

Romero
Young Tuanzebe Maguire Rojo
Mc Tominay/Matic Fred
James Mata/Gomes Chong
Rashford

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
At least we are at home this time, the away fixture would be a travelling nightmare. Its bad enough to travel to Russia but now we are going to their far east neighbour. Bloody Soviets.

Classical Mechanic

I'd like to see

-----------Romero----------
AWB----Ax---Mags--Youngy
------Fred-------Matic------
-----------Gomes-----------
Chong---Greenwood--Rash

Enough defensive solidity and experience to start Gomes, Chong and Greenwood. Greenwood needs to play through the centre for me. Think Ole will bottle it and probably include Greenwood on the right and maybe Chong on the left with Mata instead of Gomes.

dev1l

I think that whoever will play, Ole will stick to 4-2-3-1

Nick7

Geographically 10% or so of it is in Europe. Either way UEFA and other confederations aren't just Europe or the other continents geographical borders. Israel are in UEFA, and Australia are in Asia for example.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Although I would like to see a McTominay/ Fred midfield two, I can see Matic joining Fred, with Gomes ahead of them. Greenwood for Rashford, if Chong plays then I can see Brandon Williams on the bench, if Chong is on the bench then I can see Williams getting the nod. Don't think there will be more than three academy lads in the team, Jones and Tuanzebe at the back, possibly Romero, Young and Lingard making up the team.

buckooo1978

this has to be a game for the B team/kids

-----------------------Romero-----------------------
Young----Tuanzebe----Jones--------Rojo
------------------Matic----Fred-------------------
Lingard----------Gomes------------Chong
----------------------Greenwood-----------------

Reckon Ole might want a mixture of youth/experience

Seven Seas Sardines

this has to be a game for the B team/kids

-----------------------Romero-----------------------
Young----Tuanzebe----Jones--------Rojo
------------------Matic----Fred-------------------
Lingard----------Gomes------------Chong
----------------------Greenwood-----------------

Reckon Ole might want a mixture of youth/experience
Would've been easier to just copy my post. :p

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The name Astana sounds so fake to me. I can't shake the feeling that this is some elaborate wind by EUFA.

Assuming they turn out to be a real football club and the game oes ahead as planned, this is the team I would play:

DDG

AWB Tuanzebe Jones Young

Fred Garner

Gomes

Lingard Greenwood Chong
4-0 United.

James with all four.

ArjenIsM3

The name Astana sounds so fake to me. I can't shake the feeling that this is some elaborate wind by EUFA.

Assuming they turn out to be a real football club and the game oes ahead as planned, this is the team I would play:

DDG

AWB Tuanzebe Jones Young

Fred Garner

Gomes

Lingard Greenwood Chong
4-0 United.

James with all four.

:lol:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Think I'd go with...

Romero
Young Tuanzabe Jones Rojo
Matic Fred
Pereira Gomes Chong
Greenwood

Expect Mata or James to start over Gomes though, with Pereira pushed into the middle of James did start.

Nick7

DDG

AWB Tuanzebe Jones Young

Fred Garner

Gomes

Lingard Greenwood Chong
4-0 United.

James with all four.

It kind of is? It just means "Capital" in Kazakh. The city was renamed earlier this year.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Alkmaar
They have won 5-1 against Sparta Rotterdam (11th) yesterday.

On the 5th place with 13 points but they have played one game less than Twente (3rd - 12 points) and Vitesse (4th - 11 points)......leaders are Ajax and PSV with 13 points from 5 games......so Alkmaar have made a very good start with 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss.

Partizan
3-0 away win against Proleter (14th) yesterday.....Zoran Tosic has scored a goal.

On the 5th place with 14 points (4/2/0)....but they played two games less than the league leader Vojvodina (19 points).

Astana
They have won 2-1 against Shakhter Karagandy (7th) today.

Currently on the 3th place with 5 points behind league leader Tobol Kostanay but they have played still two game less than Tobol Kostanay.
Kazakhstan Premier League have 12 clubs and they are currently on Matchday 26 so 7 more matchdays (9 games for Astana).

DSG

I’ve been beating the drum to play the kids more, but I actually think for this fixture, we should have a reasonably experienced side.

Long travel schedule, lots of distractions, etc. If Astana get a lucky goal at the start of the match and we don’t have experience on the pitch, it could be tough for the lads.

ArjenIsM3

I’ve been beating the drum to play the kids more, but I actually think for this fixture, we should have a reasonably experienced side.

Long travel schedule, lots of distractions, etc. If Astana get a lucky goal at the start of the match and we don’t have experience on the pitch, it could be tough for the lads.
This is the home game not the away one.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Surely we dont need to play a defensive midfielder at home to these guys ?

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
We should play best possible team first 3, maybe 4 games, to win it all, 5th game is on another planet so kids should go there while other should stay home and get some rest.
Makes me laugh when I see Garner,
Chong, Greenwood, Gomes, Williams, Axel in first team line up here on internet, like this is some kind of friendly. Every team playing at OT gives it best, the fact we know nothing about Astana, does not mean our kids will smash thwm 5-0. Also pretty sure if we play kids and lose game it will be like: "why playing kids in game like this", "(name of the player) is shite and will never make it/not United player". But so far every game they don't play they get better and better. Soon they will be world class players.

FerociousCorgis

We should play best possible team first 3, maybe 4 games, to win it all, 5th game is on another planet so kids should go there while other should stay home and get some rest.
Makes me laugh when I see Garner,
Chong, Greenwood, Gomes, Williams, Axel in first team line up here on internet, like this is some kind of friendly. Every team playing at OT gives it best, the fact we know nothing about Astana, does not mean our kids will smash thwm 5-0. Also pretty sure if we play kids and lose game it will be like: "why playing kids in game like this", "(name of the player) is shite and will never make it/not United player". But so far every game they don't play they get better and better. Soon they will be world class players.
what cracks me up is people expecting our youth players to want to stay/learn while maybe getting one game a year. It is a freaking team from kazakhstan. If we can't win with a healthy mix of players we are expecting to contribute throughout the year then we have bigger issues. Also ignoring the fact that we are already seeing fitness injuries cropping up, but hey keep playing the "first team" every single week when we have 2-3 matches a week. What cracks me up is every name you mentioned except williams (who i havent seen all that many people expecting to see this game) have been on the bench for us at some point this season. A home europa league match against a team from kazahkstan would be normally seen as the time to rotate in subs, but yet we shouldnt because our subs happen to be younger? Makes no sense. If a team that could still trot out veterans such as romero, young, jones, fred, lingard and maybe guys like rojo/matic cant handle Astana then we have other issues. Absolutely no reason all those you mentioned, bar williams as i said previously, shouldnt be starting the game. Can still keep players like rashford, james, mata, etc on the bench if we need them.