Europa League 2019/20

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
what cracks me up is people expecting our youth players to want to stay/learn while maybe getting one game a year. It is a freaking team from kazakhstan. If we can't win with a healthy mix of players we are expecting to contribute throughout the year then we have bigger issues. Also ignoring the fact that we are already seeing fitness injuries cropping up, but hey keep playing the "first team" every single week when we have 2-3 matches a week. What cracks me up is every name you mentioned except williams (who i havent seen all that many people expecting to see this game) have been on the bench for us at some point this season. A home europa league match against a team from kazahkstan would be normally seen as the time to rotate in subs, but yet we shouldnt because our subs happen to be younger? Makes no sense. If a team that could still trot out veterans such as romero, young, jones, fred, lingard and maybe guys like rojo/matic cant handle Astana then we have other issues. Absolutely no reason all those you mentioned, bar williams as i said previously, shouldnt be starting the game. Can still keep players like rashford, james, mata, etc on the bench if we need them.
That is what I meant, just didn't express myself like I should have, sorry, some senior players and few youngsters who have been on the bench or at training ground. But not 7,8 kids in first 11 like like many would like to see.
Sorry again.

Mike Phelan's Former Tash

Maguire and AWB have never played European football have they? (correct me if I'm wrong)

I would not be surprised if they played Thursday especially with it being at home, they'd still have enough rest for Sunday vs West Ham.

Personally if Axel plays I'd rather he was paired with Maguire for this one. Really hoping Gomes gets a start too.

FerociousCorgis

That is what I meant, just didn't express myself like I should have, sorry, some senior players and few youngsters who have been on the bench or at training ground. But not 7,8 kids in first 11 like like many would like to see.
Sorry again.
no biggie. I think gomes, greenwood, tuanz, and chong should be 100 percent starters. Id personally throw in garner. So really less than half i think is perfect amount

Teja

I think the Gomes fanboys will have their day, expecting Gomes, Chong, Greenwood to start with some senior names like Young, Matic etc. thrown in.

----------------- Romero ---------------------
--
Young ----- Tuanzebe -- Jones --- Rojo --
----------
Matic ------- Fred ------------------
--
Lingard ----- Gomes ----- Chong ---------
--------------
Greenwood --------------------

FerociousCorgis

I think the Gomes fanboys will have their day, expecting Gomes, Chong, Greenwood to start with some senior names like Young, Matic etc. thrown in.

----------------- Romero ---------------------
--
Young ----- Tuanzebe -- Jones --- Rojo --
----------
Matic ------- Fred ------------------
--
Lingard ----- Gomes ----- Chong ---------
--------------
Greenwood --------------------
i could handle this. Hopefully get garner on for matic once we get up around that 60 minute mark. Maybe a young fullback to blood in as well around that mark as well. See no reason this lineup shouldnt be expected to get the job done.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
After watching the presser I'm quite confident our youngsters will authentically get chances this season. Hopefully that includes Gomes tomorrow. Tuanzebe and Greenwood definite starters, Chong did well when he came on against Leicester so with James out he should really be within a good chance to start.

Could be tasty. I think Ole will go with Maguire and McTominay from the first XI.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Squad at hotel

Goalkeepers: Romero, Kovar, Grant.
Defenders: Young, Maguire, Rojo, Tuanzebe, Dalot, Jones.

Midfielders: Mata, Fred, Garner, McTominay, Gomes, Matic.

Forwards: Rashford, Lingard, Greenwood, Chong.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Squad at hotel

Goalkeepers: Romero, Kovar, Grant.

Midfielders: Mata, Fred, Garner, McTominay, Gomes, Matic.

Forwards: Rashford, Lingard, Greenwood, Chong.
What I hope:

Dalot - Tuanzebe - Maguire - Young
Fred - Gomes - Garner
Lingard - Greenwood - Chong

What I expect:

Young - Tuanzebe - Maguire - Rojo
Matic - Mata - McTominay
Lingard - Greenwood - Rashford

Where is Jones?

DomesticTadpole

What I hope:

Fred - Gomes - Garner

What I expect:

Matic - Mata - McTominay

Where is Jones?
End of list of defenders. You must be the first person on the planet who has ever asked that.:lol:

Gandalf

What I hope:

Fred - Gomes - Garner

What I expect:

Matic - Mata - McTominay

Where is Jones?
I don't think you are far off there. I would expect Dalot won't start if only because he hasn't got any match fitness and is coming back from a hip procedure so the smart move is to give him 30 minutes or so in the 2nd half to start building fitness. With Martial still out we should not play Rashford unless it's going tits up, let him sit on the bench in case but preferably keep him fresh for Sunday.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
End of list of defenders. You must be the first person on the planet who has ever asked that.:lol:
Hah, no need to diss the mighty Phil Jones, he has the United dna in him;)

On a more serious note, where is he actually? No news about any injury, has not featured in any games after the pre-season. Featured in the world cup and is 27 years old. Surely if we wanted him out in the summer there would have been some team that would have liked to have him. No idea keeping him in the squad otherwise.

DomesticTadpole

Hah, no need to diss the mighty Phil Jones, he has the United dna in him;)

On a more serious note, where is he actually? No news about any injury, has not featured in any games after the pre-season. Featured in the world cup and is 27 years old. Surely if we wanted him out in the summer there would have been some team that would have liked to have him. No idea keeping him in the squad otherwise.

There's your man.

haram

Romero
Dalot Tuanzebe Maguire Young
Fred Scott
Lingard
Greenwood Rashford Chong

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
Chong is rubbish! Greenwood is rubbish! Gomes is rubbish! In fact, Man Utd are rubbish!

Edy2

I think we're quite a poorly coached squad. No matter who the personnel are it's always this same slow ponderous and predictable football. We're very easy to defend against and we don't have a clue how to break down these kinds of teams.