Europa League 2019/20

AJ10

Wolves success last season came from Strong defence then counter but this season their defence has been shit... anyone missing from back 4?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
They won't go down. Too much quality.

Once they're out of Europe they will settle and start getting points. I don't think they will kick on at all though and the whole 'wolves have a long term plan to get in to the top six' idea has taken a bit of a hit.

Cutrone was really bad tonight, looks similar to his Milan form where there's plenty of huff and puff but he just doesn't score enough goals.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
So after careful consideration I could either:

1. Continue to watch Sporting and die slowly doing so

or

2. Stick a fork in an outlet and call it a day.

Which do you lot reckon?

SportingCP96

Supports
They won't go down. Too much quality.

Once they're out of Europe they will settle and start getting points. I don't think they will kick on at all though and the whole 'wolves have a long term plan to get in to the top six' idea has taken a bit of a hit.

Cutrone was really bad tonight, looks similar to his Milan form where there's plenty of huff and puff but he just doesn't score enough goals.
I don't think they will go down either but man would I love it.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
True, but they also drew to Burnley. And the big games were the ones Wolves were getting some tremendous results in last season. Matches like Chelsea at home were prime scalp territory for them, but this season they got whitewashed in a truly shite performance.

They're not defending or counter attacking with nearly the same efficiency, and they're obviously low on confidence so the result tonight doesn't surprise me. Was surprised they didn't build their squad up a bit more in the summer because it's a pretty small one and with both domestic & european games they could definitely struggle for fitness.
Inexperienced team, relatively small club with limited resources so small squad, having to juggle european football for the first time, focusing pre-season conditioning for getting match fit very quickly so as to be in good form for EL qualifying stages

The mental energy they spent on qualifying for EL group stages was massive, and that plus the rushed pre-season fitness conditioning are naturally taking their toll right now. Expect them to get better around November/December, until then it's about surviving without getting their confidence completely shot

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Group A
Dudelange were already impressive in EL last year.....amazing result for them and their league :D

Group C
Krasnodar's result against Basel is shocking.....they were so solid in the few years.

Group E
Great result for Celtic because Rennes are easily the favourites in that group in my opinion.

Group F
Arsenal's english youngsters are making me happy especially Saka's performance :)

Group G
That win should give Rangers a small chance to qualify for the next round.....FC Porto and Young Boys are still the big favourites in my opinion.

Group H
Last year CSKA have won twice against Real Madrid and now such a heavy defeat against Razgrad hmmhhh hmmhhh hmmhhh.

Group J
Rose's start at Mönchengladbach is pretty average........he comes from the austrian league therefore a massive shock to loss 4-0 at home against Wolfsberg.

Group K
Nothing is lost for Wolverhampton but puuhhh to start with a defeat in the EL too :nervous:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
@KirkDuyt Bah. Same old, same old from Feyenoord: no leadership in the field, panic, chaos and hasty inaccurate passing without anything resembling a plan or cohesion...

Really expected better from Stam. :(

In other news, Ajax wasn’t the only club scoring European points for once! PSV accidentally won and AZ decided to go the hard way with an early red card, yet managed a draw.
That first half is one of the worst things Ive ever seen. Especially after watching Ajax and PSV this week. Im used to not being entertained but my God.

The next time people ask me what's so good about Frenkie de Jong, I will show them Leroy Fer playing at 6. Im pretty sure at least one of his parents is an actual bus.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
We are dreadful, it's the third year with this manager and we play worse and worse...

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
Who would be your choice for your next manager?
I just don't know. Jardim might be good but I don't know if he wants to come.
Our president likes Jesus a lot but I don't know if he wants to come and how would it work with him here.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
We are dreadful, it's the third year with this manager and we play worse and worse...
TBH, Conceição not the biggest responsible here. Despite you guys beating us at our own stadium, your squad is much weaker this season, because you lost several key players. Apart from Luis Diaz who I rate as a young player with a bright future and Marchesin who was a quick fix transfer in order to get a ready-made goalkeeper who despite not being extraordinary, he's not a liability either, all the other hirings were underwhelming IMHO. Saravia, Uribe, Zé Luis are all risky transfers for a top club of our league, not only because those players are not fantastic (don't get me wrong: I know Saravia and Uribe made solid seasons last year, but they won't become world beaters even by our league standards), but also because of the age factor. If they were younger you had more chance to at least have some return on future sales / loans.

The only thing I can point to Sérgio is that if he can't bring the best out of the amazing youth players you have in your ranks, then the board should consider dismissing him sooner or later. Diogo Leite should be starting games against weaker opposition, he is extremely talented! Small teams from our league allow us to rotate a lot if needed.

Not saying we did better on the market: our hirings were quite unspectacular also. I could forgive the 20M splashed on RdT, since he was a player that had several market offers, but 15M on Vinicius was shocking and we still have the same deficiencies on our midfield and keep relying on an adapted midfielder as a Right Back (André Almeida).

Supports
Ajax
That first half is one of the worst things Ive ever seen. Especially after watching Ajax and PSV this week. Im used to not being entertained but my God.

The next time people ask me what's so good about Frenkie de Jong, I will show them Leroy Fer playing at 6. Im pretty sure at least one of his parents is an actual bus.
Fer made some decent slidings to break off Ranger attacks, but half of those attacks were induced by Feyenoord players not being able to pass in one another’s feet over two to five meters. They screwed up so many passes and took so much time to try and control the ball and so often tried an interception at the same time as a Rangers player to create a toss up of who’d get the ball, I’m really amazed the Rangers didn’t take more advantage of it. Which says a lot about how badly Rangers were playing. It’s not like Feyenoord was facing some stellar opponent. Quite the contrary. :/ I do hope they turn this around, but ffs Feyenoord, man up!

Deery

Dreary
3-0 Arsenal, Willock with the finish. Only 21 minutes gone Arsenal playing lovely stuff could see it being 5 or 6 before the end..

SportingCP96

Supports
Sporting are dreadful. Like truly dreadful. Besides Bruno Fernandes I would sell the whole team starters and bench.

BergkamptoOvermars

Supports
Arsenal
Really impressive stuff from the Arsenal youngsters. Emery should be giving them more chances to develop rather than just Europa League and Carling Cup matches.
What are you talking about?

Arsenal have started the second most youngsters in the league after Chelsea this season.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

The coefficient battle between Russia and Portuguese leagues for that 3rd CL place and number one seed spot seems to be a back and forth battle of who can be more inconsistent or outright incompetent so far.

SportingCP96

Supports
Bruno is just too good! Goal and assist and now Sporting are up 2-1

SportingCP96

Supports
Undeserved lead btw, This Linz team has been shitting on us the whole game.

SportingCP96

Supports
Not good enough for us it appears. :(
He is playing with a bunch of donkeys. I would sell our whole team if I could.

He deserved to be at a different club than Sporting, Hopefully United in the near future.

Deery

Dreary
£25m for Kieran Tierney is an absolute steal, another quality player ours scouts missed out on useless..

SportingCP96

Supports
£25m for Kieran Tierney is an absolute steal, another quality player ours scouts missed out on useless..
Was obvious he was good even at Celtic. Great pick up at Arsenal.