Europa League 2019/20

AlwaysRed66

It might sound harsh or unfair but the most sensible thing to do is to not allow Italian teams to participate in Europe any more. Their opponents in the CL and EL could get a bye into the next round. Italy is the worst affected from the virus and no other major European country is that badly affected yet, so it doesn't make sense for them to have tournaments postponed. With the situation in Italy, football should be far from the priority and being banned for half a season is not the end of the world.

Of course if other countries start suffering from similar lockdowns then yes the tournament should be called off, but we are not at that stage yet.
Other countries will say the same about Spanish teams soon, & perhaps get a bye against Barcelona.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Other countries will say the same about Spanish teams soon, & perhaps get a bye against Barcelona.
Well if the situation in other countries gets that bad then of course it makes sense to call the whole thing off. But at the moment it can't be denied that Italy is affected far worse than the others, so it makes sense to avoid having Italian teams involved any further.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Hoping Wolves lose

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Klopp will be fuming watching Rangers, every man behind the ball. ;)

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Wonder what the motivation to play will be, it's most likely going to be suspended soon anyways.

gregor

We should buy Havertz. I reckon he would do great on right wing.

RedDevilRoshi

Alex Rae commenting that the Rangers fans are trying to get the atmosphere going, while they belt out ten german bombers in the air.

Absolute scum of a club and I hope
Leverkusen knock them out tonight

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Stone cold penalty. Don't know what the defender is complaining about.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Alex Rae commenting that the Rangers fans are trying to get the atmosphere going, while they belt out ten german bombers in the air.

Absolute scum of a club and I hope
Leverkusen knock them out tonight
fecking bastards. Hope UEFA punish them for racist chanting

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
C'mon Rangers.

I want them to go through to give the possibility they meet United in the quarters. Nothing more I'd like to feck that scummy club over at Ibrox. I'm an Aberdeen fan and detest them immensely.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
C'mon Rangers.

I want them to go through to give the possibility they meet United in the quarters. Nothing more I'd like to feck that scummy club over at Ibrox. I'm an Aberdeen fan and detest them immensely.
Thing is they’re so shit, they’ll go out to BL

RedDevilRoshi

C'mon Rangers.

My local team are Hibs and I could never bring myself to supporting Rangers. Absolutely scum of a racist club.

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Get in there. Bayer 2 nil up. Bye Rangers.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
My local team are Hibs and I could never bring myself to supporting that scum of a racist club.
Yep. Agree.

Dons v Hibs was my first ever football match (in 1999 I think). 4-0 Aberdeen ;)

Edit: Wait, you mean Hibs are racist??

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
No, of course not. I meant Rangers. Apologies for the confusion.
Ah, well then yes. Fully agree. I often tell folk unaware of the Celtic v Rangers rivalry the story of the (I think) Asian football fan who visited last summer on holiday. He was unaware of the deep religious rivalry between the teams and thought it was just a jovial city football thing.

Wore a Rangers top to a Celtic Park tour. Folk wanted to take photos with him and commented on how ballsy he was. Atmosphere was apparently quite good and it was taken in jest. He wore a Celtic top to an Ibrox tour and was met with hostility and asked to take the top off immediately.

Sums up Rangers to me. Have a major chip on their shoulder. Don't like 'em.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Excellent goal.

Rangers 1 - 3 Leverkusen.

Bottle being thrown onto the pitch. Classic.

RedDevilRoshi

Ah, well then yes. Fully agree. I often tell folk unaware of the Celtic v Rangers rivalry the story of the (I think) Asian football fan who visited last summer on holiday. He was unaware of the deep religious rivalry between the teams and thought it was just a jovial city football thing.

Wore a Rangers top to a Celtic Park tour. Folk wanted to take photos with him and commented on how ballsy he was. Atmosphere was apparently quite good and it was taken in jest. He wore a Celtic top to an Ibrox tour and was met with hostility and asked to take the top off immediately.

Sums up Rangers to me. Have a major chip on their shoulder. Don't like 'em.
They are the most scummiest set of supporters that I have ever came across. Worst of all, the SFA are too scared to punish them and just happily let them get away with it without a blink.

I’m an Asian British Sikh myself and my uncle used to be a private bus driver before recently retiring. Many years ago, he drove a couple of Rangers fans to a game (think it was Inverness) and what he told me was quite horrific. During the journey, the whole bus that was filled of those orcs were singing a number of sectarian songs about catholics. My uncle asked the fans on the microphone to restrain from singing any offensive, racist and sectarian songs. He was met with a pile of verbal racist abuse such as “paki bastard” “ain’t no black on a Union Jack”, “we are going to blow your country up”, “are you a fenian in disguise” plus many others. Also one pathetic Rangers fan tried to assault him and knock his turban off claiming that he was hiding a bomb underneath it.

As I said they are the most vile set of supporters on the planet.

Sad Chris

Were Liverpool and Gerrard’s Rangers the only two clubs that chose home support over preventive health measures?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So we can go into this without too much pressure, can bar Sanchez from playing for Inter, and rest key players in the next match.

Can't wait to see this first XI playing again, fresh and rested in the quarters.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Trophy would be nice. It is only one game.
1/8 finals is resolved in first game.
1/4 finals we are huge favourites
1/2 again favourites
Final against Inter is the only decent game.

Seinfeld's logic

always_hoping

Trophy would be nice. It is only one game.
1/8 finals is resolved in first game.
1/4 finals we are huge favourites
1/2 again favourites
Final against Inter is the only decent game.

Seinfeld's logic
Sevilla are every bit as good as Inter IMO. Nice to go into this competition with pressure off. None of today's starters should be starting that 2nd leg v LASK.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Shame Inter-Getafe is on the same time as us tonight. I would've liked to watch it.