V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
In the immortal words of Steve McManaman:

I don't like Wolves.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I do not rate him
Yeah, I get that. Others also don't rate him but calling him kick and run player is just wrong. One of the best dribblers in the league and he is one of those dribblers who uses his weaker foot too.

People obviously question his decision making or his productivity, but dribbling is one of his best attributes.

TsuWave

Yeah, I get that. Others also don't rate him but calling him kick and run player is just wrong. One of the best dribblers in the league and he is one of those dribblers who uses his weaker foot too.

People obviously question his decision making or his productivity, but dribbling is one of his best attributes.
I do not rate his dribbling

always_hoping

Hopefully Sevilla v Wolves goes to penalties. The way wolves are set up 5 in defence and 3 CDMs they will be hard to score against or score themselves.

I have a lot of respect for Nuno and Wolves but feck me they're so boring. Neves in particular this game is kicking the ball away any time he gets it for all his supposed quality on the ball.

E-mal

I have a lot of respect for Nuno and Wolves but feck me they're so boring. Neves in particular this game is kicking the ball away any time he gets it for all his supposed quality on the ball.
Yeah, there's ATM and Simeone, but feck me wolves are taking the piss now to defensive football.

Neves looks a pub player so far

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
There's nothing to respect. They bought a Europa League quality squad through questionable means while still in the Championship and got them to Europa League level - while playing 5 at the back shit on a stick football.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Just seen a replay of the penalty. Keeper was off his line and the VAR (which is supposed to be looking at that now) did feck all.
Tbf when attackers stutter step before kicking like Jimenez, using VAR to detect GK off his line is criminally unfair on keepers

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think both teams in the Wolves v Sevilla game have been ordinary. I know Wolves make any game the most uninteresting match in the world but even by their standards this has been dull, even with a missed penalty(!).

rakesh289

Don't want to play wolves again.
But ocampos and regulon vs awb
navas and suso vs williams:confused:

We would need forwards to drop deep to help. The tag team on both sides will destroy us otherwise.

Red00012

Hopefully Sevilla v Wolves goes to penalties. The way wolves are set up 5 in defence and 3 CDMs they will be hard to score against or score themselves.
I fancied this one at 0-0 didn’t bet as I went for 1-0 last night :(

Djemba-Djemba

Commentator just working out Wolves tactics seem to be sit back and try and hit the opposition on the counter.

I mean it's not like Wolves do this against everyone or anything...

In Rainbows

Any time he runs past people counts as a dribble, including the times he kicks the ball forward and blows past the defender.
That's the goal of dribbling past defenders. James has speed. Why doesn't he do the same? Some players use their speed. Others use their short distance acceleration. Others use immense ball control. Others use tricks. Some use a combination. The entire goal is to go past a defender.

vodrake

Commentator just working out Wolves tactics seem to be sit back and try and hit the opposition on the counter.

I mean it's not like Wolves do this against everyone or anything...
For some reason a bunch of pundits and fans who I presume don't watch them often still consider Wolves an exciting attacking side, I guess because with some of the players they have you'd think they would be?

mu4c_20le

That's the goal of dribbling past defenders. James has speed. Why doesn't he do the same?
My point is that he relies more on his pace than technique most of the time. I mean the fact that his club uses baby oil on him says it all. He's such a gimmicky player, that's why they used to bring him off the bench.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Are they ever involved in entertaining matches?
Man. City game. They also won 3-2 at Spurs.

Generally they have interesting matches against the other major clubs, just seems the Man. United games are bore fests for some reason.

Thought before kick off this could easily go to penalties and aside form the early Jimenez miss haven't seen much to suggest otherwise, two very tactically strong teams here that don't give out much space.

Djemba-Djemba

For some reason a bunch of pundits and fans who I presume don't watch them often still consider Wolves an exciting attacking side, I guess because with some of the players they have you'd think they would be
I think it's a few reasons.

They do have some quality players.
They do well often against the big sides
They seem to score a lot of spectacular goals, proper screamers.

So they have the reputation of a side that's attacking and good to watch, even though it's completely untrue. They're like Atletico.