Europa League 22/23 | Final: Sevilla vs Roma (May 31)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The 2022/23 UEFA Europa League group stage draw is streamed live from 13:00 CET on 26 August. It takes place in Istanbul, Türkiye.

The 32 teams will be drawn into eight groups of four.

Which teams are involved in the draw?
The line-up is subject to final confirmation by UEFA.

The draw features 32 teams. The identity of all the teams will be confirmed on 25 August.

Roma (ITA)
Man. United (ENG)
Arsenal (ENG)
Lazio (ITA)
Braga (POR)
Feyenoord (NED)
Rennes (FRA)
Real Sociedad (ESP)
Real Betis (ESP)
Union Berlin (GER)
Freiburg (GER)
Nantes (FRA)
Monaco (FRA)**
Sturm Graz (AUT)**
Union Saint-Gilloise (BEL)**
Midtjylland (DEN)**
Crvena zvezda (SRB)**
Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)**
Qarabağ (AZE)**
PSV Eindhoven (NED)**
Trabzonspor (TUR)**
Bodø/Glimt (NOR)**

12 automatic entrants
*10 Europa League play-off winners
**10 sides transferring from the Champions League play-offs (6) or third qualifying round League path (4)

How the draw works
• The 32 clubs are seeded into four groups of eight in accordance with the club coefficient rankings established at the beginning of the season and with the principles set by the Club Competitions Committee.

• Clubs from the same association cannot be drawn against each other. Further restrictions will be announced before the draw.

Why will some clubs be paired?
To ensure that paired clubs from the same country (including those playing in the UEFA Europa Conference League) have different kick-off times where possible, the eight groups will be distinguished by colour: Groups A to D red and Groups E to H blue. When a paired club is drawn, for example, in one of the red groups, the other paired club – once drawn – will be automatically assigned to one of the blue groups. Pairings will be confirmed before the draw.

What happens next?
Group winners Advance directly to the round of 16.

Group runners-up Progress to the knockout round play-offs, where they will face eight teams transferring from the UEFA Champions League having finished third in their groups.

Third-placed teams Transfer to the UEFA Europa Conference League, where they will face the group runners-up from that competition in the knockout round play-offs.

Key dates
Group stage
Matchday 1: 8 September 2022
Matchday 2: 15 September 2022
Matchday 3: 6 October 2022
Matchday 4: 13 October 2022
Matchday 5: 27 October 2022
Matchday 6: 3 November 2022

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Am I right in thinking this group of ragtag scoundrels will be seeded for Pot 1?

Roma (ITA)
Man. United (ENG)
Arsenal (ENG)
Lazio (ITA)
Braga (POR)
Feyenoord (NED)
Rennes (FRA)
Real Sociedad (ESP)

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Am I right in thinking this group of ragtag scoundrels will be seeded for Pot 1?

Roma (ITA)
Man. United (ENG)
Arsenal (ENG)
Lazio (ITA)
Braga (POR)
Feyenoord (NED)
Rennes (FRA)
Real Sociedad (ESP)
Believe these are the teams confirmed Pot 1 so far.

Roma, Manchester United, Arsenal, Lazio, Braga, Red Star Belgrade

We'll definitely draw PSV.

Samid

Roma (ITA)
Man. United (ENG)
Arsenal (ENG)
Lazio (ITA)
Braga (POR)
Feyenoord (NED)
Rennes (FRA)
Real Sociedad (ESP)

Koldbeer2021

Supports
West Ham
I've got my eye on this as well as a West Ham fan, with one eye towards which teams fall out of the EL into the Conference. Last year you could debate that the teams that made it through to the Conference league semis had more pedigree than the EL teams. Theres certainly a few I'd like to avoid thats for sure!

massi83

I hope HJK gets Midtjylland. Danes are so easy to beat always.

RedDevilRoshi

I’m watching the Hearts vs Zurich game right now and if Zurich somehow hold on here then I really hope we get them in the draw. They look absolutely awful and have been outplayed all over the park by Hearts. Don’t know how they are the current Swiss champions as they look utter shite.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Obviously some big names can drop out of the UCL but Christ that's a bunch of shit teams

One of us or Arsenal has to win the thing

Samid

I've got my eye on this as well as a West Ham fan, with one eye towards which teams fall out of the EL into the Conference. Last year you could debate that the teams that made it through to the Conference league semis had more pedigree than the EL teams. Theres certainly a few I'd like to avoid thats for sure!
You should have a third eye on the teams battling for promotion in League One. They might become relevant for you next year :wenger:

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I’m watching the Hearts vs Zurich game right now and if Zurich somehow hold on here then I really hope we get them in the draw. They look absolutely awful and have been outplayed all over the park by Hearts. Don’t know how they are the current Swiss champions as they look utter shite.
Hearts should’ve won really. Silly silly red.

lysglimt

Scout
For me the dream draw is :
Malmö, Midt-Jylland/Ferencvaros, HJK

As for worst draw - if we avoid Sociedad from (2), Betis (3) and Nantes(4) - it should be very easy

As for winning the whole thing - I can only see us, Arsenal, Lazio and Roma winning it

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
For me the dream draw is :
Malmö, Midt-Jylland/Ferencvaros, HJK

As for worst draw - if we avoid Sociedad from (2), Betis (3) and Nantes(4) - it should be very easy

As for winning the whole thing - I can only see us, Arsenal, Lazio and Roma winning it
Well Bayern , Barca and Inter are in one CL group so there’s one EL favourite

paulscholes18

United
Real Sociedad
Ferencváros
AEK Larnaca

never heard of the last 2 teams, would be happy enough with that draw

lysglimt

Scout
While in the Conference - I would hate to be the manager of Rapid Vienna explaining how his team got kicked out by Vaduz

rbnZz

I really hope Ten Hag would take Europa League seriously. In case we don't make it into the top 4, we could win the Europa League to return to Champions League next year.

Samid

I really hope Ten Hag would take Europa League seriously. In case we don't make it into the top 4, we could win the Europa League to return to Champions League next year.
Cheers Michael Owen!

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Obviously some big names can drop out of the UCL but Christ that's a bunch of shit teams

One of us or Arsenal has to win the thing
It's always a bunch of shit teams til the CL clubs join.

On the draw: would be great to get PSV to see Ruud back at OT. No preference on the rest of the teams.