Europa League 22/23 | Final: Sevilla vs Roma (May 31)

ti vu

Roma sure are hiding the fact they're better than Lazio quite well.

Mou truly is a genius.
It's derby. We had some shocking defeat to relegation folder Man City, when we're challenging for PL and CL contender. Stupid sent off, mistake can easily change the game. Despite Roma higher ceiling, Ibanez doing dumb shit again sway the game toward Lazio favor. As I said before, Roma has a habit of shooting themselves in the foot.

Lazio now second in the league ahead of Inter, Milan, too. If you ask anyone who follow Serie A, nobody would tell you Lazio is better than Inter, Milan too. It's the kind of situation where Ole United finished comfortably in second ahead of Klopp Liverpool when that Liverpool was playing way below their real level.

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
So, we're actually playing the return leg 2 days before a Wembley semi final?

We need to batter them at OT and send out Maguire and the rest of them third string players to Seville.

What do we want more? FA Cup final vs City or EL final?
Three days. City play Bayern on the 19th so they'll play on Saturday while we'll face Brighton on the Sunday 23rd.

Last edited:

zbcrow15

Seems like Sevilla are about to sack their manager. So we get a new manager bounce for a team that's currently 14th in La Liga. Lovely luck we have here

ti vu

another manager's bouce incoming
See that coming. At least, we have few games to watch them and prepare a game plan for them. Changing manager right before our game would be more unpredictable.

Still feel very comfortable this tie against Sevilla this season.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
3 years ago we were a worse team, and they were a fa better team, and still we were better than them during the game.

They have been shocking for more than a year, so I hope that over two games, we can beat them and face Juve in semis

Ted Lasso

But going late into last season one of them was going to win it.
Did you see Sir Alex's response that I posted? That's the best answer for me.

You're all free to want City to win the league when United is out of contention. Fundamentally having that preference means supporting City, basically as your second club. Apathy and ignoring it is what would be the best.

Now I'll also add that I don't often hear "I would hate it less if X won than if Y won". That would be a better way to phrase what I think many of y'all mean. Might be good to speak like that instead because right now it really really seems like you're bending over backwards to excuse wanting and preferring City to win trophies.

stevoc

Did you see Sir Alex's response that I posted? That's the best answer for me.

You're all free to want City to win the league when United is out of contention. Fundamentally having that preference means supporting City, basically as your second club. Apathy and ignoring it is what would be the best.

Now I'll also add that I don't often hear "I would hate it less if X won than if Y won". That would be a better way to phrase what I think many of y'all mean. Might be good to speak like that instead because right now it really really seems like you're bending over backwards to excuse wanting and preferring City to win trophies.
Yeah we're all secretly City fans.

Feck me. :lol:

No United fan (or at least I hope not) is 'rooting' for City. But if it's City or Liverpool for the league, then the Berties are the lesser of two evils.
It was a very real either/or scenario. I don't want either of them to win at anything but one of them was 100% going to win the league last year.
Never mind what Sir Alex said, try reading the posts you're responding to.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Why do managers always get sacked before we’re due to play them. Sevilla sack their manager.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Why do managers always get sacked before we’re due to play them. Sevilla sack their manager.
Crazier thing is that they're always double headers too. Not only in Europe but somehow also domestically.

Siorac

My apologies to all the nationalities I'm about to insult but that Feyenoord line-up looks like a bunch of randomly generated names from some obscure sports games from the 90s.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
My apologies to all the nationalities I'm about to insult but that Feyenoord line-up looks like a bunch of randomly generated names from some obscure sports games from the 90s.
No worries, you're just offending (from top to bottom):
The Netherlands
Surinam
Austria
Slovakia
Turkey
Poland
Iran
Mexico
Morocco

Siorac

No worries, you're just offending (from top to bottom):
The Netherlands
Surinam
Austria
Slovakia
Turkey
Poland
Iran
Mexico
Morocco
fecking hell, I haven't even looked at the bench. Wellenreuther, Kasanwirjo, Bullaude, Dilrosun... come on now, this has to be a pisstake, these aren't real.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
fecking hell, I haven't even looked at the bench. Wellenreuther, Kasanwirjo, Bullaude, Dilrosun... come on now, this has to be a pisstake, these aren't real.
Oh that's where Wellenreuther and Dilrosun are now...

I never started wondering where they have gone.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
I can hardly see Feyenoord winning here. Not because they play bad but everything looks textbook Mourinho.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I can hardly see Feyenoord winning here. Not because they play bad but everything looks textbook Mourinho.
Yes it will be:
We have the ball
They park the bus all game
We cant get through
Roma win.

Siorac

We have seen textbook Mourinho getting bitchslapped multiple times at both United and Spurs.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
If Feyenoord is going to hoof the ball into the 16 they will never score.