Europa League 22/23 | Final: Sevilla vs Roma (May 31)

Lux Thunder

Really good group for us and for ETH, we should go through easily and the squad could be rotated properly with youngsters to have their time on the pitch. This is our opposition teams' records in Europe.

Real Sociedad

The most familiar team among our opponents, the Spanish side gets to the groups after last season's 6th place in La Liga with just three points in front of last season's CL semifinalist and previous winners of EL - Villarreal.
They qualified for a Champions League Group stage twice in their history, in seasons 2003/04., when they also reached the Round of 16 but went out of the competition after the loss against Lyon, and 2013/14. In Europa League, they participated Group stage three times: 2017/18., and 2020/21. and 2021/22. They manage to progress from groups to knock out phase on all three occasions, but they were stopped on their next step, with RB Salzburg, Manchester United, and RB Leipzig last season all getting better of them respectively.

Omonia

Get into Europa League qualifications through winning a domestic cup on a penalty shot out last season. They were pretty convincing there with a 4-0 total result against Gent. Last season they were part of the newly founded Europa Conference League but, unfortunately for them, they didn't manage to get out of Group H with Basel, Qarabag, and Kairat. They participated in Europa League Group stages only once before in their history but they were also unsuccessful, finishing 4th in Group E with PSV, Granada, and PAOK.

Sheriff Tiraspol

The team that is dominant in the domestic league for the last two decades was almost a fairytale story from last season's Champions League. After they manage to go past Dinamo Zagreb in qualifications, they didn't stop surprising in the group stage. They won their first two games, a home fixture against Shakhtar and an away fixture against Real Madrid being a top of their group after two games with Shakhtar, Real Madrid, and Inter all behind this Moldavian sensation. Unfortunately for them, the fairytale came to an end with three losses in a row and a point in the last game against Shakhtar away was enough to secure 3rd spot and to continue their journey in Europa League. They didn't manage to win their first knock-out tie and Braga progressed in competition on a penalty shot out. That was their first time in club history to reach a Champions League Group Stage and their win at Bernabeu as competition debutant against ma most successful team in the history of the competition is probably one of the biggest upsets in the history of the competition. They also participated in Europa League Group stage for times before: 2009/10., 2010/11., 2013/14., 2017/18., but never get out of groups.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Full strength against Sociedad to get off to a good start and then reserves should have enough to complete the job.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Real Sociedad have won their two away matches 1-0 and got spanked at home to Barca (4-1). We have them at home in a week and play Palace away 3 days later.

-------------------Dubravka
AWB----Lindelof-----Maguire----Shaw
---------Donny---Iqbal----Fred
Elanga--------Ronaldo--------Garnacho

troylocker

Should be a very good group for us. Real Sociedad is seriously weakened since last season and the two teams from Cyprus and Moldova should not be causing us too many problems.

Meep

Just realised Sheriff is a transinistrian team in tiraspol. Safe to play there? Morally right to let them in this cup?

Also the club is owned by a former russian kgb agent who via Sheriff subsidiaries get around one third of transinistrian budget.

In these times I say, throw them out until transinistria is retaken from russian cleptocrats and bandits.

Fr. Todd Unctious

Just realised Sheriff is a transinistrian team in tiraspol. Safe to play there? Morally right to let them in this cup?

Also the club is owned by a former russian kgb agent who via Sheriff subsidiaries get around one third of transinistrian budget.

In these times I say, throw them out until transinistria is retaken from russian cleptocrats and bandits.

Their matches are being played in the Moldovan capital Chisinau. UEFA ordered it in June due to Tiraspol/Transinitiria being so close to the border

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
0-1 Marquinhos Well taken goal from our third generational talent

Blackwidow

I was just looking into why there is no data for the Nice - Cologne match...
Just came home. Does anybody know more?

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
I was just looking into why there is no data for the Nice - Cologne match...
Just came home. Does anybody know more?
I guess this is technically a Conference League match but anyway...
Looks like some Cologne Ultras tried to storm Nice's home stands and it got pretty ugly. One Cologne supporter seems to have fallen down the railing and is in critical condition.

Blackwidow

I guess this is technically a Conference League match but anyway...
Looks like some Cologne Ultras tried to storm Nice's home stands and it got pretty ugly. One Cologne supporter seems to have fallen down the railing and is in critical condition.

I looked if there was a thread opened about that or the Conference league - and I did not want to open one. Think you are a normal fan who since some years is able to follow his team to European grounds - and some idiots (it is told to be fans of Cologne, Dortmund and some PSG hooligans) act like this...

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
I looked if there was a thread opened about that or the Conference league - and I did not want to open one. Think you are a normal fan who since some years is able to follow his team to European grounds - and some idiots (it is told to be fans of Cologne, Dortmund and some PSG hooligans) act like this...
Weird decision to go ahead and start this game anyway...this isn't gonna end well.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Bild uploaded a video where you can see that the guy who fell down the stand was definitely pushed and the person who did didn't seem fazed by it at all.

Weird decision to go ahead and start this game anyway...this isn't gonna end well.
At least from Cologne's side it's only a hand full of fans, the rest is probably deeply shocked and ashamed. The police should have no problem controlling them. I can hardly believe so few people were able to make their way to the home fans in the first place.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Bild uploaded a video where you can see that the guy who fell down the stand was definitely pushed and the person who did didn't seem fazed by it at all.
Someone from Cologne pushed by someone else from Cologne it seems...
But it looked more accidental than anything, as if he was trying to avoid the fire and didn't notice the railing behind him.

Idxomer

A minute's silence before the 2nd half of the Arsenal game.

massi83

Imagine being so shit that you need two decisions from VAR to beat HJK. I should put a bet on Betis getting relegated.

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
Never a pen in the Utd game. It's horrible when VAR clearly fecks you over.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I love watching man utd lose as much as the next guy, but holy cow that was just a horrific refereeing moment. It could not have been more clear and obvious the ball hit his leg first.