Europa League / Europa Conference League 2021/22

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Rodgers struggling in Europe as usual

Withnail

What a start at Celtic. Chances both ends. Goal disallowed for Leverkusen and straight away they had to make a last ditch goal saving tackle at the other end.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Last time West Ham played in a European competition against a team called Dinamo, the stadium got blown up by a terrorist bomb, and Dave Bautista fell off the roof.

Forget the awful animated football. The action scene is so terrible. So many cuts, bad lighting, so instant headache and no idea what's going on!

Charlie Foley

I like this Jota lad. Very lovely.

Someone from football ramble on the continent podcast said this and I agree with it…the conference thing probably shouldn’t have the middling teams from the big leagues imo. I’d be interested in it if it were more aimed at sides from the weaker leagues primarily. I get it’s nice for those teams to play the likes of Spurs or Rennes who are probably europa league standard clubs at least, but it makes a glass ceiling for the tournament and those teams don’t really give a shit about it.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I like this Jota lad. Very lovely.

Someone from football ramble on the continent podcast said this and I agree with it…the conference thing probably shouldn’t have the middling teams from the big leagues imo. I’d be interested in it if it were more aimed at sides from the weaker leagues primarily. I get it’s nice for those teams to play the likes of Spurs or Rennes who are probably europa league standard clubs at least, but it makes a glass ceiling for the tournament and those teams don’t really give a shit about it.
Your post seems to imply that Spurs will win this trophy.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
They won’t because they are Spurs. But I think of a club of that size with less focus on cheese rooms will
Maybe, but an EL starting spot is not necessarily a big enough prize that these teams will compromise their league campaign for it. Clubs like Feyenoord, Rennes, Basel, Berlin or even Slavia, from the current edition, might have more enthusiasm about it.