Europa League Round of 16 Draw | United vs Milan

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
AC don't look upto much these days, it's probably a good fixture for us really. They drew 3-3 with Crvena Zvezda in the last round, with Crvena having 10 men in both legs. Before that they got spanked by Inter and the game before that lost 2-0 to Spezia in the league.

Good tie for us with minimal travelling compared to others.

EDIT: I just realised Crvena Zvezda is Red Star :lol:

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Exactly the draw I wanted. A big name but a side we should still really be beating well, should open up the competition nicely for us if we knock them out.

cyberman

We'll be concentrating on the league too, for top 4.

Chelsea and City next, lose both and top 4 is a coin toss.
We have to lose them first!
Theres a good chance well be well clear imo, best Chelsea this weekend and we are 9 points ahead of them, for example.

GueRed

Battle of the fallen giants...

Still really looking forward to it. A glamour tie in name.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's a tough draw but an exciting one at least. You want some easy games to progress while rotating... but also sometimes proper big European ties are just better. Even though it's the europa league with 2 former giants who have really dropped off the past 7 years.

saivet

Just had a look at fixtures around the ties.

Man Utd:
City (a)
Milan (h)
West Ham (h)
Milan (a)
Leicester (a) - FA Cup

Milan:
Verona (a)
Man Utd (a)
Napoli (h)
Man Utd (h)
Fiorentina (a)

Jaxa

Annoying that we have some torrid luck with draws this year but at least it’s a game to look forward too

the only player I fear in that team is Zlatan tbh

KetilOwren88

Milan’s form has been poor of late and no longer in pole position for the league. Could have been a better draw, but should beat them really. Shakthar would have been a worse draw in my opinion. ACMilan-United should have been a CL knock out game though. How the mighty have fallen

always_hoping

Spurs are no1 favourite imo. Jose will not mess around with rotation and will put everything in this
Not sure about the favourites tag but he'll put everything into it because his side aren't going to reach the CL next via the Premier league.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Happy with Milan.

I'd far rather play the bigger sides. Makes it more interesting.

Zlatan vs Lindelof should be a laugh.
Yeah I agree.

Watching us against the likes of Brugge and LASK last year was pretty dull. This is a proper fixture.

Looking forward to seeing Ibra back at OT, and will be good to see what their GK and Hakan are really like against a side of our quality.

Assuming we'll* be able to go to Milan for the away fixture? I'm glad we've avoided having to go all the way to Kiev/Donetsk/Athens.

* - as in the club, not the fans :(

evil_geko

Easy draw, Milan is terrible, they were very lucky not to go out to Red Star, barely went through with away goals only.

RashyForPM

They are because Jose is the luckiest manager when it comes to cup draws.
Honestly, our draws in that EL 2016-17 campaign were ridiculous. Rostov, Anderlecht, Celta :lol: His draws at Chelsea were lucky as well. Even at Madrid, they played APOEL in a CL quarter final. Unbelievable.

SwedishFish

It'll be a sad indictment of our defense if they can't handle someone pushing 40.
Age isn't everything. Zlatan could take on most defenders with his sheer athleticism as I'm sure you would've found out this summer if you could've managed to beat Slovakia...

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Milan’s form has been poor of late and no longer in pole position for the league. Could have been a better draw, but should beat them really. Shakthar would have been a worse draw in my opinion.
Exactly. Form in 2021 hasn't been spectacular at all and they went through on away goals in the last round. It's not an easy draw but certainly not the toughest one available, yet you always get those "of course we get the hardest draw" comments.

You should be beating them.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Exactly. Form in 2021 hasn't been spectacular at all and they went through on away goals in the last round. It's not an easy draw but certainly not the toughest one available, yet you always get those "of course we get the hardest draw" comments.

Avoiding an english side will do me.

Moorhuhn

Easy draw, Milan is terrible, they were very lucky not to go out to Red Star, barely went through with away goals only.
That is what I'm saying whole time.
This should be easy win. Do not know what is all that fuss???

Matt851

Age isn't everything. Zlatan could take on most defenders with his sheer athleticism as I'm sure you would've found out this summer if you could've managed to beat Slovakia...
I am not sure zlatan is up to a physical battle with victor

Leg-End

I don’t mind that, much more interesting than against a no mark.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Honestly, our draws in that EL 2016-17 campaign were ridiculous. Rostov, Anderlecht, Celta :lol: His draws at Chelsea were lucky as well. Even at Madrid, they played APOEL in a CL quarter final. Unbelievable.
Yeah, our Europa route was so easy but still we made it look so tough.

RashyForPM

It is the hardest draw. Name me a tougher draw we could have got, and don’t say Spurs or Arsenal because they’re awful in the league this season. This isn’t the CL. Only there would we have deemed it an easy draw.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Tasty, a proper European tie. Two heavyweights of world football (albeit during decidedly poor periods of their histories).

Looking forward to that.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
It is the hardest draw. Name me a tougher draw we could have got, and don’t say Spurs or Arsenal because they’re awful in the league this season. This isn’t the CL. Only there would we have deemed it an easy draw.
'Name me a tougher draw but dont say the two sides that would have been a far harder draw'.

Brightonian

I'm just glad we didn't get Arsenal or Spurs. Nothing more boring than playing a domestic side in a European tie.