Europa Semi Finals

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
How does this shit still get spouted?

Were they both yellows? By your own admission yes, end of story. Nothing else is relevant.
Should have been a warning on one of them, the frequency of the fouls and the context of the game matters. You don't send a player off for that.

10 minutes into the game and it was his second foul... He caught the opponent on both incidents but it's not like it was a very bad tackle on either of them.

Unless you're pretending refs don't ever take the context of the game into consideration which is simply not true. Refs are more likely to give a yellow on the second half than at the start of the game for example. You don't judge a foul on isolation.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
City have won the league. If Liverpool win the CL, Arsenal win the EL and Chelsea beat us, that might psychologically scar me for life.

Canagel

If Atletico get out of there with a 1-0 defeat they've done well. Target has to be to stay in the game. It's damage limitation.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Should have been a warning on one of them, the frequency of the fouls and the context of the game matters. You don't send a player off for that.

10 minutes into the game and it was his second foul... He caught the opponent on both incidents but it's not like it was a very bad tackle on either of them.

Unless you're pretending refs don't ever take the context of the game into consideration which is simply not true. Refs are more likely to give a yellow on the second half than at the start of the game for example. You don't judge a foul on isolation.
The context of the game 100% does not matter. Nor does how much time has gone.

If it's a yellow it's a yellow. It's the players dumb fault for making those challenges not the referees for correctly applying the rules.

Suggesting it being a semi final or there only being 10 mins gone should be taken into account is unmitigated bollocks.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
10 second , 10 mins or 90 mins , what difference does it make how long is on the clock.
If it is a red, its is a red.
Pisses me off this
Because that's how refs always referee games. A foul at the 60th minute is much more likely to get a player yellow carded than a foul in the 1st minute.

el3mel

City have won the league. If Liverpool win the CL, Arsenal win the EL and Chelsea beat us, that might psychologically scar me for life.
In an alternative reality, we win the cup and Liverpool and Arsenal don't win, and we end up with a trophy while Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea end the season with feck all and we mock them. It can happen.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
2 fouls, 2 yellows. That's bullshit, you don't send a player off like that 10 minutes into a semifinal. On isolation they're probably both yellow card fouls but there's no way the ref should be giving that

Vrsaljko was stupid though
So you're not supposed to ref by the rules? Slightly ridiculous post.

marktan

They were both fouls and both yellows so by the law he is correct, but I do think it was very harsh. The more common scenario is that a player gets a warning after the first yellow, especially so early on in the game. So the referee's not exactly wrong, but he could've shown more leniancy to the Madrid player.

Kearnkoff69

Because you’re saying that the ref/UEFA want arsenal to win. It’s horse chod.
Ah, cheers. I didn't realize I had mentioned UEFA in my post. A bit brash to knee-jerk say the ref wants Arse to win, but given the disparity in how the game's been called thus far (Lacazette somehow escaped a yellow for clear simulation in the box, for example), it feels a lot like a "home town" ref tonight.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Shocking referee. didnt give a yellow to Bellerin for an identical challenge a minute after the red card. Simeone rightfully went ballistic for the double standards. Then doesnt give a yellow to Lacazette for a dive.

Has gone out to gift Arsenal the game

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
The context of the game 100% does not matter. Nor does how much time has gone.

If it's a yellow it's a yellow. It's the players dumb fault for making those challenges not the referees for correctly applying the rules.

Suggesting it being a semi final or there only being 10 mins gone should be taken into account is unmitigated bollocks.
No, it's by having watched plenty of those games and knowing how referees usually do their job.

marktan

Man I'm really, really glad we're not signing Ozil. He doesn't even have the great technical ability he once had, coupled with his non-plussed attitude to the game.. would've hated him here.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I have doubts about the first yellow but the second is very clear

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I am loving this ref. Taking no shit. Atletico don't know what to do now he's ignoring their feckery.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
They were both fouls and both yellows so by the law he is correct, but I do think it was very harsh. The more common scenario is that a player gets a warning after the first yellow, especially so early on in the game. So the referee's not exactly wrong, but he could've shown more leniancy to the Madrid player.
That's fair enough. I think giving him a warning for the second foul was definitely the right thing to do on that situation.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Wait, there's been a red card?!

Edit: commentator mention Wenger grabbing a coat, "how will he get on with the zip?" :lol:

Kapardin

In an alternative reality, we win the cup and Liverpool and Arsenal don't win, and we end up with a trophy while Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea end the season with feck all and we mock them. It can happen.
I am going with this because I like this.:wenger:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Shocking referee. didnt give a yellow to Bellerin for an identical challenge a minute after the red card. Simeone rightfully went ballistic for the double standards. Then doesnt give a yellow to Lacazette for a dive.

Has gone out to gift Arsenal the game
He's been great