European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Feck! Had me as well, I’m on the sh*tter, no prizes for guessing what the missus thinks I’m up to
:lol: :lol: :lol: to be fair you've been in there for twenty minutes so you've already waxed your carrot haven't you

jasT1981

Be pretty funny if whoever wins the Champions League this season pulls an Alundra Blayze moment and throws the trophy in the bin on the debut episode of European Super League Nitro.

Reactions: Mr Pigeon

Bulldog United

Be pretty funny if whoever wins the Champions League this season pulls an Alundra Blayze moment and throws the trophy in the bin on the debut episode of European Super League Nitro.
Shane O' Mac will be officiating the final if either City or Chelsea get there.

TrustInOle

Question, from a purely sporting perspective.

How do you generate motivation from teams playing other teams that are languishing near the bottom half of this Super League, given that relegation or exit isn't a thing?
To be honest, the whole thing is a sh1tshow! Just when the pressure was begging to ease on the Glazers for overseeing our restructure, they go along with this kind of crap! Unless there is an alternative line of thinking behind this then surely has to be the last straw for the fans?

Born2Lose

Question, from a purely sporting perspective.

How do you generate motivation from teams playing other teams that are languishing near the bottom half of this Super League, given that relegation or exit isn't a thing?
Because there will be a small minority of teams playing in an exclusive tournament where the money will be eye watering compared to what's available elsewhere. If you perform poorly for long enough, there'll be plenty of top players happy to take your place. And if you're not one of the players in that exclusive league then no sponsor will want to touch you.

I think people are underestimating the drop in value and wages that will be paid if the top 6 leave the PL. Who on earth is paying to watch a top of the table clash between West Ham and Leicester?

Hoof the ball

Probably worth asking fans of American sports? I’ve asked before and they say it’s just going through the motions once play offs aren’t a question.
And then there's the college draft which means that the worst performing NBA teams in their conferences get the best pick of the best college players. It's literally a reward for being shittier than everyone else. I mosey around US Sports forums and fans of teams playing badly often will their own team to brick it in every single game so they can get the best draft pick. It literally rewards poorer performance!

I've always maintained that's why, from a spectacle standpoint, our relegation based system is better because teams at the bottom have something to play for. There's motivation to perform well.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
You absolute gobshite. I'm sat on the sofa next to my wife and her mother.
:lol::lol::lol: I thought it was just a bad version of the Champions League theme and didn't even realize what it was until I saw this.

Superunknown

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is the funniest thing I've read today.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
And then there's the college draft which means that the worst performing teams in their conferences get the best pick of the best college players graduation. It's literally a reward for being shittier than everyone else. I mosey around US Sports forums and teams playing badly often will their own team to brick it in every single game so they can get the best draft pick. It literally rewards poorer performance!

I've always maintained that's why, from a spectacle standpoint, our relegation based system is better because teams at the bottom have something to play for. There's motivation to perform well.
While this is true it stops the richest teams hording all the best players. We all moaned about Chelsea's 60 man squad, this is the alternative. American sports are far feom perfect, but there are lessons there for football to learn.

Castia

:lol:

Brilliant. Burying the competition!

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Fecking hell, the Super League has not even been announced, yet has already ruined a couple of marriages.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
... This has made me do a 180, I'm feckin' IN!