European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
£400m is a lot of money and sadly it looks like this is more serious than brinksmanship. I went to sleep thinking that it's just a negotiating tactic to secure more for themselves and maybe a bit of independence wrt streaming deals and the like. A lot of smart and influential people have clearly worked on this for some time.
I think so too. You can see that a lot of planning has gone into this and they've got their ducks in order. The windfall is huge for the clubs, UEFA can't offer them anything like this as the clubs involved simply don't all deserve a bigger piece of the pie based on their recent sporting achievements. We're big in name and fanbase etc, but we've been in the football wilderness for a long time now. Same for Arsenal and Spurs and many other foreign clubs involved. The SL is the only way the 'historically' big clubs get a pay out like this.

Oldyella

I might be done if this actually happens.

My support in the grand scheme of things is not worth anything but I wonder how many will feel the same.

We already have the CL and it was great playing and beating PSG whilst also beating Man City domestically.

Setting this up during Covid is Puzzling too.
I dunno. Some of these clubs have been hit hard by Covid, so timing actually makes sense from that perspective.

antk

Again 'we' had no choice in the matter. UEFA, the PL and governments did but didn't bother to do anything. Now they are crying because the monster they created is going against their wishes.
Stop talking like the people at the helm of those football clubs are inevitable machines, and not actual people that can be held accountable for their actions. Criticizing our instances for not protecting football is not mutually exclusive with attributing the offense to the actual perpetrators.

Right now, UEFA is on the right side of history. We can worry about improving it later.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It’s postering. The PL aren’t kicking out the big 6, no chance in hell
They should deduct them some points though, make this shit interesting at least.

My dream is for Arsenal and Spurs to be giving it the big one about the ESL whilst they're away at Rotherham in the Championship.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I see Prada, err I mean our official website, is telling everyone it's all going to be wonderful. It's going to be as if you are married to a supermodel and owned both Amazon and Facebook while being smarter than Albert Einstein

joi_division

Supports
AS Roma
The ESL will be boring as bat shite after 12 months. How many times do you want to watch Liverpool v AC Milan? And no relegation? No consequences for losing, plenty of money being made for the owners and the fans will be screwed over no doubt with ticket prices - that is if they're not playing games in Boston or Dubai or God knows where.

I hope the ESL clubs are expelled from their domestic leagues and I look forward to watching new clubs flourish and become dominant.

mshnsh

American owners desperate make football shit like all American sports are. Next will be 4 quarters, in play clock and time outs so they can cram endless bullshit commercials in there.
It's already saturated with pointless stats.
There is a problem with America: its all about $€£; they lost their way a long time ago.

The European super league is just one example but in current times an even more important example is making profit out of Covid 19 vaccines; the entire world needs these vaccines to fight the pandemic and eventually win but given the prices of the American vaccines, only rich countries can afford them meaning the virus remains at large; more variants and therefore having to vaccinate again and again.

Pfizer is set to earn over $15 billion from the vaccine this year alone.

croadyman

They should deduct them some points though, make this shit interesting at least.

My dream is for Arsenal and Spurs to be giving it the big one about the ESL whilst they're away at Rotherham in the Championship.
Yeah and same for Utd as well

pascell

Genuinely feel a bit sick.
I'm disappointed, hurt and ashamed of our club over this. If its the Glazers as the 'source' then I won't be going back to OT, turning their back on the supporters who helped build this magnificent, historic club back up after the Munich Air disaster out of sheer love for their club and labelling them as 'legacy fans', basically a thing of the past, whilst whoring the club out to youngsters who are obsessing over TikTok videos, absolutely appalling.

gica_7

People still didn't realized how well planned and backed the new ESL is. We are talking about major companies already offering billions advanced for it to happen. I hope it's a major bluff, though, because if it's not, it can tottaly become true.
It is JP Morgan who is going to finance it initially but it is not surprising. Credit rates are almost down to zero and these clubs can all pay back their debts. The biggest income is tv rights but I will be skeptical to offer huge money for this. First, the public reaction is as bad as it gets. Second, with the repetition of the same games, it will lose its aura. Yes, the big games in CL are watched by more people simply because most of the teams are eliminated and people have nothing else to watch anyway. If these 20 teams play with each other every week, they will compete each other for audiance.

Sevilla, who has been one of the best run clubs for the last 15 years is not in, but Arsenal is included. Give me a break.

sjw2511

This is basically the same as Skynet hitting back against their creators when they became self aware

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Atta boy.
feck yes. Obviously it makes it easier for him to say this because he's at PSG but he's also got a bone to pick with Ed Scumwood because of how he left the club.

OverratedOpinion

Like seriously mate, I understand people are upset but this outrage was off the back of Sky wading in heavy yesterday. We really don't know all the details yet and what if Sky were painting the worst picture possible to garner public opinion? I'm not trying to WUM anyone but we really should wait until all parties have spoken and we know the full extent of what will happen before a meltdown. The threats being made aren't sustainable by the organisations making them, and if they do, what's stopping United forming an actual breakaway league that would involve other clubs from the PL and maybe even the UK? Rangers and Celtic would be in for sure.

Let's all just relax a bit and see how this all unfolds with less anger and more anticipation of a new era.
Why do you presume to know how thousands of people's minds work? Why do you have so much confidence that people are just confused and being led like sheep by Sky ect?

Do you actually believe that there is not at least a couple of people in the 95% of the public who are talking about this and are very annoyed that might know the game better than you and understand the implications of a move like this?

I am not calling you an arrogant person but that stance is very arrogant.

Josep Dowling

I feel that FIFA and UEFA need serious reform after this.

Club owners are greedy bastards but those 2 organisations have ridden the gravy train for too long.
This point is being largely ignored by most people. The club’s names are being tainted for trying to leave into a closed leagues. It isn’t the clubs ffs, it’s the owners. Had UEFA and the FA put something in place to stop rich owners buying the clubs this never would have happened. Instead they let it happen, reaped the rewards from it, and now they are being booted out of the gravy train have thrown their own toys out the pram.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
I'm disappointed, hurt and ashamed of our club over this. If its the Glazers as the 'source' then I won't be going back to OT, turning their back on the supporters who helped build this magnificent, historic club back up after the Munich Air disaster out of sheer love for their club and labelling them as 'legacy fans', basically a thing of the past, whilst whoring the club out to youngsters who are obsessing over TikTok videos, absolutely appalling.
Glazers are not responsible for that trend though.Young people do not consume sports the way we do.

And it seems they enjoy it less, which in the long-term can be damaging.

The issue I have is breaking the Champions League, which has done a good job at attracting new interest to football, and replacing it with a competition ran by club owners themselves.

croadyman

Our chairman is the vice chairman and then to really rub salt in we also have that toy story puppet as the vice president

kidbob

Stop talking like the people at the helm of those football clubs are inevitable machines, and not actual people that can be held accountable for their actions. Criticizing our instances for not protecting football is not mutually exclusive with attributing the offense to the actual perpetrators.

Right now, UEFA is on the right side of history. We can worry about improving it later.
Of course we will and it will definitely happen.

Schneiderman

If by get our game back you mean, the Hollywood rolling around on the ground, shite refs and horrible VAR decisions, then yeah...not sure when we will get our game back.

This is something entirely different, and long before it came around football as we know it, is a far cry from its roots, and I'm afraid that game is not coming back ever.
Well, some vague resemblance of it. Kicking out the plastic clubs would be a start. Maybe it'd give the remaining clubs more power to address these other issues? But yeah, it's pretty much dead already with VAR etc.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It's still based on Merit though. Super league is for the rich boys and qualification isn't needed.
Arsenal are in the ESL but won't be in the CL why because they're rich and a founder.. not because they're any fecking good.
Amazed that Newcastle haven't piped up that they are a big club.

mshnsh

I understand where you are coming from but step back and ask yourself is for example Man Utd vs Juventus for the umpteenth time less glamorous than say Man Utd vs Charlton Athletic in the Carabao Cup which it would essentially replace in the football schedule? Also the plans are more for the future of the game. Even if they lost you as a fan, there are many fans around the world who this is targeted for as well as kids in this country who will only know this new league that will replace you as a consumer which is what us fans are in modern football.
The problem is that it is not merit based

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
The players are surely having some sort of meeting in training this morning.

Rashford especially will not go against the People.

The players should all knock on Woodward's door together and tell him and the Glazers to get to feck.

What are the Glazers gonna do? Transfer list them all??

For once player power might be used for something good.

Jezpeza

That's what it has always been, it's not a replacement for the PL
it will severely degrade the premier league as a competition. They are talking an extra £300m for the ‘big 6’ a season from the SL. You will see a predictable 6 team mini league at the top of the prem because of the extra spending power. You will see 6 man cities not 1 when 1 is bad enough.