European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raoul

Admin
Staff
its not the same. The founding members of this will qualify for it every season no matter the league position. Say the premier league ended today, chelsea, Liverpool,Tottenham and Arsenal would not qualify for the CL. But in this new tournament they will be able to still play it next season because they are founding members.
So basically a members only rogue CL without the "burden" of qualification. Sounds like an even worse idea than before.

90 + 5min

I’m dissapointed that ManUtd are one of the clubs.

I hope TheFA gives ultimatum. Either you play SuperLeague or Premier League.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Happy for @Cal?, He's wanted this for 12 years

Hopefully if this happens the national leagues issue a notice of excommunication. If you go to this nonsense then when you come back, you go to the Isthmian league equivalent of your country and work your way back up. This time with strict salary and squad caps.

Jericholyte2

If UEFA didn’t want this they would have mad FFP and other processes mean a damn and be worth something. Teams have built up spending power through on pitch and commercial successes over the course of decades are overtaken because an oligarch or tycoon has decided to take an interest in a club.

The ‘old money’ as they’re described will always look to protect their interests.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Isn't the idea that there would be X amount of permanent members with X amount earning their spot?
I read that also. 15 permanent members with 5 in and 5 out. Always leaves the door open for Bayern, PSG etc

Skills

Snitch
This ain't good for us. We'd be like the Cleveland Browns of the super League considering our already underwhelming European record :(

Spoony

The People's President
If those clubs don’t play PL anymore, it’s the end of football as we know it. Football will have moved away from its grassroots completely and be seen more as an entertainment like WWE

Agreed. And as bizarre as it sounds I'd rather play the likes of Newcastle, Leeds, Southampton et al weekly than Real or Barca. Like you said, they're a test but domestic clubs / rivalries have so much history and passion.

90 + 5min

UEFA and FIFA could also ban every player from all international games.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Finances are dire from Covid and that is pushing these moves.

Quite Probably a negotiation tactic to get more out of UEFA...

Ultimately the extra money has to come from selling more TV rights or making them more expensive. Personally think we're at the limit of what fans will pay.

FujiVice

If those clubs don’t play PL anymore, it’s the end of football as we know it. Football will have moved away from its grassroots completely and be seen more as an entertainment like WWE
American's in debt, Qatar princes and Saudi businessmen wouldnt give a flying feck about grassroots, sadly. Half of them dont give a shit about winning trophies. All about the bottom line sadly.

KeanoMagicHat

Chelsea, City, United, Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal, Real, Barca, Atletico, Juventus, Milan, and Inter.
Thanks. I imagine PSG and Bayern will also join, maybe Dortmund. Porto maybe? Or Ajax. By merit Ajax should definitely be there, but since this is a big money grab then maybe not.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
For all that the big clubs might want a "closed shop", it's not going to happen. How much is the "fight for the top 4" worth to the Premier League.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Apparently PSG and Bayern are against it. As they should be. They don’t want a challenge

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It won’t ban them but it won’t approve them to play in the new competition. So the clubs would themselves have to quit to take part.
I’ll repeat. This isnt going to happen, the PL will bend over

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
The only thing making me smile in all this is the irony of Liverpool and United fans claiming City and Chelsea etc have killed football for years when in the end its actually them and their American owners who have.

UEFA: "Clubs concerned will be banned from playing in any other competition at domestic, European or world level, and their players could be denied the opportunity to represent their national teams"

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Water Melon

The only thing making me smile in all this is the irony of Liverpool and United fans claiming City and Chelsea etc have killed football for years when in the end its actually them and their American owners who have.
Sad but true. Our owners are indeed playing a major role in all this.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
If Manchester United ever stopped playing in their domestic league, I wouldn’t watch football anymore. There would be no point to the PL with top clubs missing and nothing special about playing random clubs with no connection on a regular basis.

That would be that for me, despite those saying “you know you would watch”. I know that I really wouldn’t.

Castia

It’s gonna get nasty

Funny how the likes of FIFA are against this and its sporting nature....you know one if the most fecking corrupt organisations on the planet.

Poor old FIFA and UEFA losing money....feck em.

Real Name

This is awful. Genuinely awful. Don't think it will just pass like that. Uefa will do everything to stop it but just the idea is horrible and that league would quickly become boring.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’m dissapointed that ManUtd are one of the clubs.

I hope TheFA gives ultimatum. Either you play SuperLeague or Premier League.
In that kind of brinskmanship the club hold the cards not the Premier League. Let's say the top 5 DO sign up to this and are then expelled from the Premier League. Then the Premier League with City on their own as top dog with resources that dwarves all the other clubs combined, it's nothing more than the Scottish League, one or two riders the rest are there just for show.

Plus the room for five in and five out leaves room for the likes of an Everton coming in for a few years. What are the FA going to do , ban all clubs ?