European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cloud7

There is no PL without these clubs there’s not much they can do
There’s no global appeal PL (Of which I’m part of), but there’s still 80 odd other clubs all with their own history and followings that would beg to differ. I might even adopt a new club in English football if the top six clear out.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
So we’d have to play the English clubs four times a year, presuming we’ll stay in the premier league.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Ridiculous idea that seeks to maintain the power in the very few. Take this season as an example, teams like Liverpool & Arsenal who have no chance of winning the title could just chill for half the PL season as their games are meaningless & they’d still get into this competition. What’s the point of competing in the PL if you know half way through, you’re not going to win the title?!

Hopefully FIFA bans the clubs involved & tells players it cannot represent national teams if they’re playing for such clubs.

ReallyUSA

Ridiculous idea that seeks to maintain the power in the very few. Take this season as an example, teams like Liverpool & Arsenal who have no chance of winning the title could just chill for half the PL season as their games are meaningless & they’d still get into this competition. What’s the point of competing in the PL if you know half way through, you’re not going to win the title?!

Hopefully FIFA bans the clubs involved & tells players it cannot represent national teams if they’re playing for such clubs.
A strong, strong statement has been made

Cal?

CR7 fan
Happy for @Cal?, He's wanted this for 12 years

Hopefully if this happens the national leagues issue a notice of excommunication. If you go to this nonsense then when you come back, you go to the Isthmian league equivalent of your country and work your way back up. This time with strict salary and squad caps.
Good luck selling the next round of PL TV rights without those 6 clubs. :lol:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The only thing making me smile in all this is the irony of Liverpool and United fans claiming City and Chelsea etc have killed football for years when in the end its actually them and their American owners who have.
It's more if you can't beat them join them. Not like city and Chelsea aren't included in this.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
The number of games is staggering, there's no hope for domestic leagues, people. Just not feasible to have PL and Superleague. One has to go.

38 matchdays for Premier League
23 for the Superleague finalists
add
FA Cup
League Cup
Donald Duck Cup
and Charity Shield

then

Nations League
Qualifiers for Euro or World Cup

Apparently, a year has like 52 weeks.

diarm

This has clearly been the agenda of the Glazers, Kronke and Henry/Werner for years.

The one ray of light is that if this plan can be beaten, they might feck off.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The only thing making me smile in all this is the irony of Liverpool and United fans claiming City and Chelsea etc have killed football for years when in the end its actually them and their American owners who have.
The irony is in them trying to catch up with oil money any way they can

Drainy

That's a proper response. I have no doubt the clubs involved have more than sufficient legal advice which will have assured them they can't be banned. Alternatively, UEFA have fallen for a massive WUM that even @Hectic would be proud of.
I mean, the drafting of the statement is more fitting of a triggered forum poster rather than a footballing institution.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
This smacks of concentrating power and money even moreso that the CL but it's not that different than the current direction of travel.

The CL is nowadays dominated by a few big clubs from the Western part of Europe because their economies are strong and 'businessmen' have used this to increase the revenue of these big clubs which has then concentrated money, power and importantly player talent in their hands.

Now the the top clubs seem to be entering the end game where they want to dictate the terms. While I don't think this Super League will happen, they are using it as a very strong negoating tool.

Finally, the two midtable London clubs being there is the biggest joke.

Traub

I mean, the drafting of the statement is more fitting of a triggered forum poster rather than a footballing institution.
True, it genuinely reads like the responses to one of Glaston's posts.

Pickle85

Death knell of football as we knew (and loved) it if this goes ahead. Without being too dramatic, have to say I'm really, really disappointed and saddened if United come out in support of it.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Because United have essentially been subsidizing all the other PL clubs for decades due to the unfair EPL money split.
Why do you feel that impacts you as a fan and why do you feel the EL Superleague would be better?

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
The UEFA and domestic leagues does not have anything to threaten with.

What will PL be without the 6 big clubs? A glorified championship at best.
What would La Liga be without Real, Barca and Athletico. Not even better than the Portuguese league.
What would Serie A be without Milan, Inter and Juventus?

Banning players from Euros? Who is gonna watch second 11's compete in Euros?

They have no choice but to bend over.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Death knell of football as we knew (and loved) it if this goes ahead. Without being too dramatic, have to say I'm really, really disappointed and saddened if United come out in support of it.
United will more than likely be one of the main drivers of this

Traub

Why do you feel that impacts you as a fan and why do you feel the EL Superleague would be better?
Because without it, United would essentially be like Bayern strolling to the league 9 times out of 10. I can see why this would appeal to some (not me personally) - the same people who clock games on the easiest setting, or save before every game on FM in case they lose.

Josep Dowling

Because United have essentially been subsidizing all the other PL clubs for decades due to the unfair EPL money split.
So let’s have a boring league like La Liga then? United make enough money without taking more from the competition. The club has enough advantages to most of the league.