European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
16 years in, Gary Neville finds his voice regarding the Glazers and its as if he's waiting for applause. Too little, too late Nev.
Never too late

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I seriously hope the UEFA and FA don’t go with a ham fisted response. It will break all relationships and any chance of a reconciliation in the future. For once they have to realize they don’t have the upper hand here and negotiate a better deal with the clubs.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Carragher and Neville would be the first to run to do commentary for the Super League one it gets up and running
Carragher's already a guest pundit on CBS Sports during UCL games. Don't think i've seen Neville outside of Sky

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I couldn't give shit about SKY and it's "pundits" crying about this. Where were they when Russian oligarchs, Chinese consortium and Arab monarchies were busy buying clubs? This ESL is down to FA and UEFA. If you force a club to compete with bottomless pit of money then they will do something to protect themselves. After all most of the money made in England and Europe is because of these clubs

Dobba

Never too late
This is where keeping your head down, as the sport gets whored out to any billionaire who wants a cash cow, gets you. He's had less than nothing to say until yesterday, when his employer suddenly is being frozen out.

Which part of this being "all about money, them not caring about the clubs and fans" hasn't been equally applicable to Manchester United for every day between the day the Glazers "bought" the club and this time yesterday when this news started breaking?

future2future

I think they will form their own federation eventually and try to persuade countries and FA's to join them. Challenging the Fifa/EUFA etc monopoly

Then you have an alternative WC, EC etc

Dinghy

Only way this can be stopped is if the players and manager issue a statement that they will not participate in the SL.

SwedishFish

I'm not even English. I live in scandinavia.

Instead of being anti UEFA/FIFA you could be little more open when you look at this as 95% of fans of all this clubs are against this.
Nice stat, where did you drag that from?

If you are from Scandinavia then why are you dragging heritage into it?

You as much as I do know that it's about money and frankly I'm fed up with UEFA and FIFA getting away with absolute corruption over the years.

They are taking some type of moral high ground when it suits them and they've been put on the spot here, which I honestly don't mind.

To be perfectly clear, I'm not Pro-Super League. I want to see what's going to happen with this. I suspect it will get solved between the clubs and UEFA in the end. We'll see.

I couldn't give shit about SKY and it's "pundits" crying about this. Where were they when Russian oligarchs, Chinese consortium and Arab monarchies were busy buying clubs? This ESL is down to FA and UEFA. If you force a club to compete with bottomless pit of money then they will do something to protect themselves. After all most of the money made in England and Europe is because of these clubs
No doubt, arseholes that lot of them.

Giggs86

I don't remember such an outcry when Chelsea and City basically paid oil money to buy the title. How is it different this time? At least now we will be able to compete with them financially with the ESL cash.

Sara125

Does anyone remember a few years ago where Nigeria were so crap in I think the World Cup qualifiers (I hope I’ve remembered this accurately, being a Nigerian :lol:) that the Nigerian president tried to ban the national team from the World Cup altogether? And then iirc FIFA imposed a fine on the grounds of government intervention? Anyway my point is I wonder this’ll play out now now seeing as there’s talks of BoJo and co. getting involved