European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
You don't like this? I think it's a great idea and have wanted it for a while.
For decisions via VAR when the game is stopped anyway? Possibly. For the normal decisions? Hell no. This is not Tennis or American Football or similar stop and go Sports. Having to clarify decisions to the audience will slow down the game immensively.

Who is going to referee these games anyway? Surely not UEFA or FIFA licensed refs,

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It can only work in my view if you ensure players who abuse the officials get sanctions. Otherwise you have swearing before the watershed which TV companies hate.

And unlike the NFL, which is run (as far as I know) only in English, you may need officials to make sense of many languages in one game.
Seen it work pretty well in the A-League, don't think it would be as much of an issue as you're suggesting.

Chicharo

I don't think the players will be banned from playing Euro and World Cup, for starters. I wonder what would this competitions look like since most of the best players are actually from these teams who want to create Superleague.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I believe that they are recognised as world champions, historically, for those Olympic gold medals, and so they should. However, you don't see England branding those Olympic championships as World Cups (or even worse, "FIFA World Cups"). Their old Olympic accomplishments are appropriately recognised separately from their FIFA accomplishments (if only the FIFA didn't gloss over/ignore the old Olympic tournaments...).
I'm with you

Yeah, no, I mean, I'm sure the ESL won't pretend it's the CL.... Theyll love to make sure everyone knows who is the "first" winner of the European Super League. Being first always has extra flair.

But at the same time, if it becomes the highest European competition, then year, the list of European Champions would be European Cup/Champions League/Super League winners

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
They wouldn't be allowed to inform players. Its a Chinese wall, unless you’re involved in the financial side you are not in the know.
While it's unlikely that the information would flow down to the playing staff, there's nothing that prohibits them from being informed. That said, had this occurred every member of the team would've been required to sign a NDA. Seeing as clubs are always susceptible to leaks then it's not unreasonable that this wasn't shared, NDAs or not.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
For decisions via VAR when the game is stopped anyway? Possibly. For the normal decisions? Hell no. This is not Tennis or American Football or similar stop and go Sports. Having to clarify decisions to the audience will slow down the game immensively.

Who is going to referee these games anyway? Surely not UEFA or FIFA licensed refs,
Yes, this would be the implementation. Anything else would be daft.

Would operate like this

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout

NotThatSoph

Calling me a prick is a personal attack. I told someone to shut up after being called a prick. I wouldn't say that's crossing any boundaries.

Now are you just going to talk about me all day?

I'm very flattered.
Opinions and personal attacks aren't separate categories. If someone has a negative opinion about you, such as you being a disgraceful prick, sharing that opinion will be a regarded as a personal attack.

I just think you should let people have their opinions, that's all. That was seemingly important to you, so I'm surprised at the pushback, but maybe you meant that people should let you have your opinions but nevermind about other people?

Anas Laghari (Secretary general of The Super League): "If an agreement is reached with UEFA, the competition could start as early as September 2021"

Zoo

LuckyScout78

From mine point of view. This super league is to me like rich kids always get special treatment and not get punished because they dad is the owner or the peoples who put money into and keep the surviving of the club.
So no matter how poor you have done in this league or nation league. You are still quarantine a place this elite super league.
I have always and will always vote against quarantine place. You take off all exciting about football. And same manuscript all over again , year after year is not a factor that will lead to exciting. You are not calling it a exciting thriller. If every thriller movies have same manuscript. Only 5 qualified teams are not enough and only same 15 teams are too much. I like top 4 qualify for the best league more. And always nice and excited seeing a great attacking team like Atalanta from Italy, buying players for lower price and came to quarter final of ch.league. A baller Josip Ilicic who had football over decade and I haven’t been noticed him. If Atalanta wasn’t in ch.league. So this super will take that away. So I have already voted against this super league.

I am for qualifying based on football, of last season. Not qualified because of money. A league of rich clubs world. I like the difference in menu. I can taste a meal, a masterpiece of meal often and over again. But same 15 year, again. Year after year. A lot of big matches in midweek. Will not be like a big masterpiece of a trilogy Serie only came out once a year. You will miss the looking after and waiting for the movie coming out. Happen and comes out to often. You will get easily bored and it turn out to be normal, even it’s a big matches. Like World Cup. 4 years is long, but worth waiting. Something you looking after as a football. Imagine World Cup happen every year?Then you know the point. Happen often and plus nearly same manuscripts. How can it be exciting?

But again. If your dad is the owner of the club or who that put most money into the parties. Yeah, normally you are guaranteed a place at the party and best school every year. So even how much I complain against that. I think it’s not much I can do. By only share mine honest opinion about it. Like no money no fun?Its elite and rich clubs world and playground.

And about greedy. Yeah it’s all about money and greedy. But to be honest and fair. Uefa and most organsiation, group or founder. Mostly. But that’s the one of the main character of us Human. Someone are just more greedy than others. The level are different. But again the Uefa and FIFA are greedy too, by adding more and more teams after the years. From only league winner. To top 4 and are planning to add to 36 teams. Same as for European for nation. From 8 nations, to how many now?And they still adding more teams.
So everyone of us human are greedy. So to believe 100% on Uefa and FIFA. I’m not sure about it too. Protect football or protect your territorium, power and status?Take away by those big clubs?

So sum and conclusion I m against this super league. But, it’s now. We are seeing the true devil. And what’s the synonym of a devil. Of course it is greedy. And I am not sure and believe. It’s only those clubs and owners are greedy. But UEFA, FIFA and other parts too. To be honest and not taking sides. A personal point of view. But still try to be honest as possible. So it’s a devil inside all of us. SpecI’ll in this pandemic time. The hunger for money. Will soon and sooner appear. The true devils. Not the red fans devil. Just low level of devils ;)

Resch

What’s the problem? Sigh. Look at what happened with brexit or even trump. You fix things by being inside them not taking your ball and going to create a small competition where you play each other endlessly
Thats not the problem, the SL is not the problem. The SL is a symptom caused by our society. A society driven by narcissism and greed.
For example the Top 5 Leagues, they had no problem to push the smaller leagues out of the CL for money and power. Now they are embarrassed about the SL, that's hypocritical. Most of us should shut up about the SL as long as hunt for money and power all day long. Solidarity is what we are missing....

Hester_manc

Is it naive to hope that Man.City and Chelsea will do the right thing and back out of this? They are described as backed into a corner in this matter. I know it sounds crazy to be hoping that a club like City would do the right thing, but it seems like these two clubs not were that crazy about the whole idea

The Firestarter

Breaking News:

Open play goals to be worth 6 points each!!
Additionally players who score get the option to potentially add another 1 or 2 goals right after by either scoring a penalty kick (worth 1 goal) or scoring from one of the classic American style penalties, where you run at the goal from the half way line (worth 2 goals).

Also as the ESL board hears the fans' cries for less time wasting, the clock will finally be stopped when the ball is out of play or when a player has been fouled. That way there will now also be time to play 1 advert each time the ball is out of play. Play will continue with the same time on the game clock as soon as the advert is done. ESL finals could see longer specialized commercial breaks whenever the ball is out of play. For match going fans there will be a marching band present at all times to fill in until the game is resumed.

/s
If during a challenge a player manages to produce an uninterrupted scream for at least 5 seconds , his team will be rewarded with additional half a goal.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Matt Law is seriously shameless journalists. When the fans of all clubs, journalists are against this and made their point without any bias, this shameless twat is still doing their bosses bidding :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Referees are miked in rugby, like football the game doesn't stop and start and referees explain themselves to the players or the captains all the time. It has been a great introduction to the game.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Is it naive to hope that Man.City and Chelsea will do the right thing and back out of this? They are described as backed into a corner in this matter. I know it sounds crazy to be hoping that a club like City would do the right thing, but it seems like these two clubs not were that crazy about the whole idea
Why would they be crazy about an idea which forces them to abide by financial fair play rules?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I wonder if the Super League has given any thought to who is actually going to be refereeing the league.

Beacuse it won't be the UEFA refs.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Unrelated, but I swear you guys have these kinds of supposed dressing room information leaks more than most clubs.
Same thing coming out of Liverpool If you can infer from Klopp’s comments.
Let’s hope the players all to a man, vote against it

ti vu

Seen it work pretty well in the A-League, don't think it would be as much of an issue as you're suggesting.
The issue is this is a multinational competition with audience from different background. Are they using only English and discriminate other languages? Are the refs that good at foreign language to get his point to the audiences efficiently?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I dont get this.
They are big games because they dont happen so often.
If they happen all the time, they are not big games anymore. Then its just games.
They are big games because the top players are playing against each other. The champions league has too many filler games