European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Purley King

I’ll only be happy when we confirm we are out.
I’ll be completely happy when the glazers feck off.
50+1 seems the best way unless someone has £3.5bn lying around?

dinostar77

Who will be the last club left standing? Technically only Chelsea and City have left. 10 clubs still remain. We dont have official confirmation that Barcelona and Athletico have also pulled out.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Yes:
Fence sitting:
:lol: I think an outright purge of the cranks is in order, if we’re ever gonna move on and be respectable again. I’m sure @sun_tzu would agree.

el3mel

Who will be the last club left standing? Technically only Chelsea and City have left. 10 clubs still remain. We dont have official confirmation that Barcelona and Athletico have also pulled out.
Only City officially left. Chelsea didn't announce anything yet.

0le

Why were the names of who voted made public?
It hasn't been randomly "made" public. All votes are already public. Click on the "votes" link at the top and you can see all who voted for each option.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Technically only City really. They’re the only club to actually release a statement.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
You’d love that wouldn’t you. Get rid of anyone that doesn’t agree with what you say. The caf would become back slapper central.
They'll be the ones missing out when we found Supercafe with 13 other elite posters.

JohnnyKills

People naming and shaming, maybe you should all get together and organise a game of polo from your fecking high horses..
Agreed, doxxers can get fecked. If you need to humiliate people you don't know to get some popularity points on the Internet you need to look in the mirror.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Wittmann45

Maybe a collective decision when the Dominos start to fall and only a handful of clubs are left standing. Man United, Liverpool and Real Madrid probably

Bertie Wooster

Won't be able to relax properly until United as a club is formerly out. City is out. Chelsea soon to be out. Barcelona will hold it to a vote. Hopefully the momentum keeps up. It needs to die asap.
Yeah, completely.
The one consolation for me in this whole sorry affair was that all 6 English clubs were involved. All getting the same criticism, and with it being all 6 it made it less likely they'd kick them all out, etc.

City and probably Chelsea withdrawing makes it more likely the thing will fall through, so it's a very promising sign in that regards. But if we end up staying with it - and I wouldn't put it past the Glazers, seeing as how they've been some of the front runners for it - it'll be even worse for us that City (and Chelsea) have withdrawn. They now appear the 'good' guys, and it makes it easier to go through with threats against the PL clubs if there's less of them to punish / kick out.

The same with this year's CL / EL - if they can still have finals, maybe even some S/F's, without the remaining SL teams, then it makes it less of a farce removing them (without City, Chelsea and Madrid the CL would have had one team left. Now they've got City, PSG, probably Chelsea, its easier to kick Madrid out if the SL continues. Same with the EL SF's if we opt to stay in it).

I'm more hopeful now than I was earlier, but I really wish it hadn't been City who have left. And I really wished I had more / any faith in our owners to follow suit.

Last edited:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I mean you have to respect the balls on the Glazers. I may not agree with them but to stand firm and throw Woodward under the bud is a bit impressive compared to the cowards at Chelsea and City. If only we showed such ruthlessness on the pitch..

el3mel

The funny thing is that, it doesn't seem anyone gives a shit about Tottenham staying or leaving as if the SL clubs themselves forgot they added them. :lol:

crossy1686

career ending
I wanted things to stay as they were and said so on here but I would have liked to have known the complete and whole story before launching into a hysterical tirade.
I mean, that's pretty much what I said but people took it as I was for the SL in it's entirety because I wasn't screaming something along the lines of parasites and games gone. The PL was a deal breaker for me, Europe has always been an extra in my eyes.