European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red_Aaron

I've always felt a full league set up was the inevitable evolution of the CL, with a top 4 play off for the trophy. Not that I'd want that but these top clubs are the ones that generate the money and so therefore want as many guaranteed games as they can get to ensure the money stays with them.

I imagine this announcement is mostly posturing and will eventually see a compromise which panders to the big boys
Bigger groups with less knockouts probably.

This threat has been there for decades, it will come eventually I feel but most likely with the collaboration of UEFA/FIFA

hobbers

It ensures a future for the club. I don’t like this either, but I’ve never liked the corruption of the game by money. At this point I’m long past giving a shit.
We have a future whether we're in it or not.

But this super league does not have a future at all if we're not in it. It's only viable with us, Real, Barca and Liverpool. Any one of those four pillars go and the whole idea wouldn't even exist in the first place.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I hope it doesn’t go ahead, but if it does, I really hope we don’t have to leave the English league.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
I am struggling to understand how any fans can be for this? I genuinely don't see anything positive or redeeming about it at all.
They think playing other rich teams every week is better than clubs with less money, because you know more money = better.[/QUOTE]

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I am struggling to understand how any fans can be for this? I genuinely don't see anything positive or redeeming about it at all.
A league that contains the best players on the planet playing against each other on a weekly basis. That’s the positive. The downside is it may undermine the domestic league and integrity of competition with its closed shop nature.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I could not be more dissapointed in the club than I am at this point. And by the club I mean the board who went for this.

Judas

Open to offers
A league that contains the best players on the planet playing against each other on a weekly basis. That’s the positive. The downside is it may undermine the domestic league and integrity of competition with its closed shop nature.
It doesn't undermine it, it kills it. There's no integrity in what's being suggested.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Strange way of writing destroy football as we know it.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Not a fan of the super league idea.

But UEFA, Premier League etc crying over greed is shameless hypocrisy when they've been ripping fans off for decades now.

It's just one bunch of greedy cnuts moaning about another bunch of greedy cnuts.

And I also see Sky getting their pundits in on the act too, shameless.

There are genuine reasons to object against the idea but they shouldn't be moaning about the money.

kidbob

Yup...
Said this in my last post. FA and PL should have done more to stop these owners coming in and doing what they want. For all the benefits clubs like Chelsea and city have had, there’s tonnes of other clubs on their knees because of the Pl, FL and FA not protecting clubs from snake owners. I mean look at what happened to Wigan.
Yeah this is it for me. We are lucky in that we are a huge club but even when you look at how the PL allowed the Glazer's come in a straddle us with their debt accrued from buying us is disgusting. I mean Liverpool (the joint most successful English team of all time) came close to bankruptcy. The likes of Leeds and Wigan paid the price and the PL didn't do jack shit about it. They talk about 'fair play' but they have allowed so many clubs be taken over by predatory owners.

Now they scream about fairness while showing clips of that Aguero goal, with no mention of the murderous regime that funded that shit. It's all a bit like Ted Bundy preaching about ethics to Ed Gein overall.

Ixion

Arsenal are 9th in the League. How is it the best players.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I hope it doesn’t go ahead, but if it does, I really hope we don’t have to leave the English league.
We can’t have and won’t be allowed to have both mate. If your chances of playing in international tournaments is jeopardised, I’m just wondering what the choice is going to be

LARulz

I am 99% convinced this is just a power play but what more do they want?

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
To be fair football as it exists now is fundamentally corrupt and broken even more by the introduction of VAR. While I'm not sold on the Super League proposal anything to take control of the game away from UEFA and FIFA is a good more for me.

Dec9003

We can’t have and won’t be allowed to have both mate. If your chances of playing in international tournaments is jeopardised, I’m just wondering what the choice is going to be
I think if we went off and joined a European league rather than what we have now that would be it for me then. If it’s just changing European matches then whatever, the champions league will be iterated on over the years anyway. I can’t see many people sticking with it if we leave the premier league though, it’s sickening to think about.

Ixion

Because arsenal are now in an elite competition that generates huge revenues that players will want to play in. Where they are now is irrelevant.
So why not have it based on merit with promotion and relegation, the top players will still want to play in it and go to those clubs? Why do you want a league where teams can't be relegated?

crossy1686

career ending
feck you talking about? I will not pay a single penny to watch a single match from that league. Nor will i watch it for free on illegal streams like ITV and the likes. Has the whole world gone mad? Nobody has any principles anymore?
:lol: Principles? There's going to be a lot of people pretending they didn't see Mbappe destroy a big side.

"Yeah I saw it but only because a mate Whatsapped me the video".

Yeah alright, course you did...

I think it's a direct response to UEFA and entities like the Premier League allowing the state takeovers of PSG and Man City. People hate change so I'm not surprised by the response, feckers went mad about apple removing the audio jack for fecks sake, but I'm unsure as to where I'm at with it, as I feel we're fast moving towards a U.A.E domination regardless.

Stupid cnuts.

crossy1686

career ending
They think playing other rich teams every week is better than clubs with less money, because you know more money = better.
Well it's kind of their fault in the first place for allowing oil rich owners to buy clubs and allowing transfers fees and wages to get stupid. This is the fallout from all that

Dec9003

People in here saying football is nothing without fans.

There's not a person on this forum that wouldn't pay £30 a month for ONE subscription to watch elite football on a weekly basis.
I don’t understand posts like this, why do you think you can dictate what everyone else will do? It isn’t clever.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Couldn’t this end up being like the PDC breakaway from BDO in darts? Everyone was up in arms about in at the time but no one seems to complain anymore.

El Presidente

Well, great - am I overreacting, or just as things are clicking into place with Ole and the squad, are we now facing being kicked out of the Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League next season? This could be very messy.
This would also make it rather difficult to win the treble next season.
With all due respect to Ole and the squad - this is far, far, far bigger than them. I couldn’t care less about Ole right now really.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
:lol: Principles? There's going to be a lot of people pretending they didn't see Mbappe destroy a big side.

"Yeah I saw it but only because a mate Whatsapped me the video".

Yeah alright, course you did...
Clearly you don't seem to have principles, there's many people who do and will stand by their convictions. Don't tar us all with your brush. Cheers.

The Hilton

There was only one way to stop the European Super League and that was to ban any clubs including the likes of United and Madrid from participating in any UEFA competition the moment they spoke about the super league idea. Since UEFA didn't have the balls to do that, theyt have no leg to stand on now. They can go cry in a corner it won't do shit now.
That's just a surefire way of accelerating the process, you give the teams no choice but to go ahead with it.

Drainy

I am 99% convinced this is just a power play but what more do they want?
to not be carrying the weight and the costs of UEFA's plans to revamp the Champions League through all the extra games - so extra player's bonuses, extra travel costs, need for bigger squads to compete in more games etc. all for less of a share of the pie and less prize money - and a big load of spit in the face for daring to not be happy about it.

RedDevil@84

A league where entry is not based on current performance levels, but how much money the club has.
Is PSG there?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I could not be more dissapointed in the club than I am at this point. And by the club I mean the board who went for this.
These clubs have just been using the pandemic situation to strike and forge ahead with their plans. If fans were at the stadiums, no way would they be so brazen. Remember what happened to the D**do Brothers at West Ham. It would be 10x worse.

Castia

Imagine a World Cup with nations using ‘b grade’ players that aren’t in the Super League it will tarnish both FIFA and the FA’s cash cow and just weaken their stance. Imagine an England team of 23 players from clubs outside the top 6 it will be a shambles.

Thats why they won’t ban them it serves the FA and FIFA (one of the most corrupt organisations on the planet btw) no good it just tarnished their own tournament.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
People in here saying football is nothing without fans.

There's not a person on this forum that wouldn't pay £30 a month for ONE subscription to watch elite football on a weekly basis.
I’ve said for a while they should bring in game passes. Where you pay a certain amount of money a month/year to watch every game for your team, or just every game period, which would obviously be more.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
So why not have it based on merit with promotion and relegation, the top players will still play in it? Why do you want a league where teams can't be relegated?
Firstly I’ve never said I want it. Secondly I’ve stated there needs to be a way for others to get into it. However, let’s not pretend the CL is based on merit. You can’t tell me the winner of the Czech league is a better side than the 5th team in England.