European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Counterfactual

Meh, I don't see this happening with just three Spanish teams, 6 English ones (Spurs and Arsenal, ha), and three Italian ones. That's not very "Super" at all.

Actually, Sky claim... "More than a dozen teams from England, France, Germany, Italy and Spain are in negotiations about becoming founder members of the competition."

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Most of these clubs have large match going supports. Has there been much talk about organised collective action amongst support groups? To be honest I’d be disgusted if my club wanted to create a closed shop that goes against a founding meritocratic principle of the sport.

MDFC Manager

Don't get too emotionally invested in this guys. It's just posturing between greedy organisations wanting bigger pie. Grab some popcorn and enjoy the show, it won't happen.
Yup, I'm only awake for the drama. The UEFA statement was deliciously whiny.

Bring on the club statement already!

RORY65

This is your assumption. Show me where exactly did they mention its a replacement for CL.
Where do you think they are fitting these games in? If a side made the final of both that's 42 games, that's unmanageable.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The organization chart

President: florentino perez (real madrid)
Vice President: joel glazer (man united)
Vice President: john henry (liverpool)
Vice President: stan kroenke (arsenal)
Vice President: andrea agnelli (juventus)

Clubs
Real Madrid Blancos
Barcelona Fury
Atletico Madrid Fire
Manchester Utd Devils
Manchester City Plastics
Liverpool WildCats
Chelsea Nationalists
Arsenal Invincibles
Tottenham Fighting Cocks
Internazionale Chargers
Milan Lightning
Juventus Buccaneers
Amended for you. Don't forget the Manchester franchises being relocated to London

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
No one is kicking anyone out. They can all scare the clubs like that but it just won't stand in the court. The PL money and CL money of TV rights was signed for these clubs. Imagine the number of lawsuits from the broadcasters (let alone the clubs being banned actually) . Let's say, it just won't happen.

Now having a place, that's a different discussion altogether. Looks like you are the one who is assuming here. I would rather wait for more details on how this is planned actually.
Let's not overreact.
UEFA sells the CL license to broadcasters. UEFA simply awards clubs a fixed pool for participation.

The FA owns and sells the TV rights and distributes it according to the contract.

The clubs don't own the TV deals.

Ranchero

This only shows that the ownership structures in the domestic game have to change. Bundesliga sides are opposed to the Euro superleague plans because the German model means commercial investors cannot have more than a 49% stake in clubs, so fans hold a majority of their own voting rights.

predator

Youth NITK
Just imagine some of the washed up retired players licking their lips knowing the likes of Rio, Keane, Neville, Carragher, Redknapp will be out of a job and this breakaway league will need 'neutral' pundits for its new broadcasting channel, which certainly won't be sky or BT.

Everyone employed by BT and skysports must be bricking it.

peridigm

This is your assumption. Show me where exactly did they mention its a replacement for CL.
Well, if reports from UEFA and domestic leagues are true, it would be a replacement for the CL because they won't be allowed to play in it.

el3mel

No one is kicking anyone out. They can all scare the clubs like that but it just won't stand in the court. The PL money and CL money of TV rights was signed for these clubs. Imagine the number of lawsuits from the broadcasters (let alone the clubs being banned actually) . Let's say, it just won't happen.

Now having a place, that's a different discussion altogether. Looks like you are the one who is assuming here. I would rather wait for more details on how this is planned actually.
Let's not overreact.
Mate, you're the one who's actually assuming the UEFA's announcement about this is just to scare these clubs and nothing else. This is your claim and interpretation about what they did say.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Guarantee the statement will be a massive disappointment.