European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sekularic

With Spurs and Arsenal in the league, of course they are going to bottle the first announcement.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Can someone please summarise this for me I've no idea what the proposals are if honest. A change to the champions league with a select number of teams in it every year no matter what?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
europeansuperleague: "i am going to the champions of europe"

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Bottled it clearly. At least have the nerve to hold onto your nerve.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
My uncles cousins mate said it will be announced on Snapchat and all games will be ppv through Snapchat stories.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Go on Gary. Go on, Rio "They are imposters. The owners are nothing to do with football in this country" "enough is enough"

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Exactly where do you think a full league worth of football is going to take place in a congested fixture list?
I don't know. Let's wait for more details. Anything other than that is a gross overreaction at this point.

Tibs

Sky and BT under the Premier Leagues orders charging fans £15 a game during a pandemic and they have the balls to come out and criticise this.

Everybody is in it for the cash, they’re all in on the heist they just don’t like their cut.
Agreed

BaillyBaillyBailly

Can someone please summarise this for me I've no idea what the proposals are if honest. A change to the champions league with a select number of teams in it every year no matter what?
As far as I am aware it would be a breakaway league, so all teams involved would leave their current league and not participate anymore.
There would be 12 founding members who cannot be removed from the league in the form of relegation.
5 clubs would be invited each season to participate (the winners of the remaining teams in the top 5 leagues england, france, germany, spain, italy)